Thread: OS3D 25 Solo

OS3D 25 Solo

Just wondering how many other people have done this. I checked through some other solo threads as I assumed Monks/DKs would have an easy time with this, but it seems to be challenging for everyone.

Talents: Posthaste, Binding Shot, Aspect of the Iron Hawk, Dire Beast, A Murder of Crows, Glaive Toss
    Glyphs: Animal Bond, Mending, Endless Wrath

I disengaged when everything started chasing me and my corehound despawned at max range

Recount of my damage

Recount of my corehound's damage

Achievement, Recount total and my new mount

Before I started, I thought 7.7million hp (25man) wouldn't be too challenging, but I forgot he casts Will of Sartharion and boosts his hp by 25%. As you can see from the last screenshot, I ended up doing 140K dps and 10.6million total damage. I don't even remember, but I think it took about 20 tries using different combinations of talents. I really enjoy the challenge of soloing old content and, for me, this ties Yogg10 3Lights for the amount of time and frustration it took to finally get a kill. Well worth it knowing I earned my Twilight Drake by myself.

A] What's your ilvl?
    B] WHAT is that beautiful addon that shows the whole loot table?? MUST GET.

Predation@Nagrand - 504 ilvl

ElvUI...it has a great layout for loot windows and loot rolls/winners as part of its default functionality.

A) Looks like: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ation/advanced (504 ilvl)
    B) Butsu it seems. (edit: seems like I was wrong, they look sooo similar)
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-04-18 at 10:31 PM.

Seems to me like Spirit Bond would be a better choice because it would heal you over the course of the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    WHAT is that beautiful addon that shows the whole loot table?? MUST GET.
    ElvUI...it has a great layout for loot windows and loot rolls/winners as part of its default functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Seems to me like Spirit Bond would be a better choice because it would heal you over the course of the fight?
    The damage throughout the fight is rather minimal until Tenebron joins the party, at which point things get out of hand quickly. I experimented with all 3 lvl45 talents and I had better results with Iron Hawk every time.

This was one of the first things I did after hitting 90 and getting relatively geared up with Heroic dungeon/MSV gear when the xpac came out. I was always really close in Cata with full heroic DS gear but Tenebron was always too much. It's really intense once he joins in and you really feel the race against the clock. Fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    This was one of the first things I did after hitting 90 and getting relatively geared up with Heroic dungeon/MSV gear when the xpac came out.
    You're talking about 10 or 25?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have given friends quite a few mounts this way. I have soloed it at the start of MoP, thats when i figured i could just 'give' away the mounts to some friends that wanted it but never had the luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillicis View Post
    I have given friends quite a few mounts this way. I have soloed it at the start of MoP, thats when i figured i could just 'give' away the mounts to some friends that wanted it but never had the luck.
    How do you "give" the mounts to your friends if you're soloing?

He used to solo before he realized he could bring people along for their mounts.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong...I found CaribaLd's world 1st video posted on Nov 17 2012, yet people here are saying they did this at the start of MoP or shortly after hitting 90.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Predation View Post
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong...I found CaribaLd's world 1st video posted on Nov 17 2012, yet people here are saying they did this at the start of MoP or shortly after hitting 90.
    10man most likely

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    10man most likely
    10m was doable at level 85, so pretty sure Caribald did it on 25man

Not everyone that kills a boss thinks its noteworthy enough to mention, make a video of, or tag worldfirst. No offense meant to Caribald, he's a phenomenal soloer, but this one he most likely wasn't the first person to do. Its very easy, I did it in nov as well for my mount and it took 3 tries. Personally didn't find anything exceptional about that.

I did it when I was at about 480 ilvl, was really tight though.
    Last edited by Aenok; 2013-04-24 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a video on it a little over a month ago. Didn't really find it worth posting about, but you're welcome to see how I did it as Survival.

It's really not too bad. I did it with a friend (87) who wanted the mount, and just threw a few heals onto my core hound. I wasn't sure I could even do it, but it turned out to be pretty easy.

I solo'd at around 491 ilvl and it was a challenge to get out enough dps before the damage was just too much. It took me about 20 attempts. Went back and forth between SV and BM, but got kill with BM.

Above 500 ilvl its pretty trivial to burst down unless you get unlucky with RNG (procs and crits). If you notice your opening 20 sec of burst sucks, restart.

10 man just put your face on the keyboard.