Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    I think the Falcons will go after DJ Hayden or Johnathan Banks IDK they need a CB bad. If they don't go the CB route they could get a DE like Bjoern Werner from FSU but I hope they go the CB route.
    Werner is gonna be a steal. FSU coaches said he's a sponge and is still raw but will do exactly what he's supposed to on every play. Jimbo said he's probably the smartest football player he's ever been around. Didn't know what a blitz or a stunt was when he came to FSU and was a top DE by the end of his JR year

10+ Year Old Account
    Oakland seems to be a lock in already for Sharrif Floyd, honestly a complete rework of the D-Line (and come to think of it the O-Line) is needed this season.

That said, Mckensie still might trade this pick out.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Oakland seems to be a lock in already for Sharrif Floyd, honestly a complete rework of the D-Line (and come to think of it the O-Line) is needed this season.

That said, Mckensie still might trade this pick out.
    there's really good depth there, if Oakland can trade back with one of the teams desperate to move up and get a left tackle, they can still pick a really good DT 5-10 picks later, it would be a good move for them depending on what they can get in return

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    there's really good depth there, if Oakland can trade back with one of the teams desperate to move up and get a left tackle, they can still pick a really good DT 5-10 picks later, it would be a good move for them depending on what they can get in return
    Even if they managed to trade down for extra picks and miss out on Floyd, chances are Lotulelei is still available. I'm not sure I agree on depth though, Oakland have gotten rid of a lot of the fat contracts and trouble makers that were hampering the team. Personally I'm sold on the idea of needing a few seasons to rebuild, it's a matter of if enough fans can get behind the idea and not want Mckensie replaced within a year or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean there is a lot of depth in the draft at DT

Raiders and depth are not two words I would associate

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean there is a lot of depth in the draft at DT

Raiders and depth are not two words I would associate
    Ah.

Well yes, now that makes sense, I thought you were just being polite. A lot of people are frowning at this season's stock draft, but for Oakland it's a great way to build from the grass roots up. Though they really need to pick up 5 starter quality players.

For Oakland's sake, I hope the owner is patient and realizes the fallout of the last couple of years is finally starting to cease, and that last year didn't really count as far as "rebuilding".

For my own sake, I hope he doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ah.

Well yes, now that makes sense, I thought you were just being polite. A lot of people are frowning at this season's stock draft, but for Oakland it's a great way to build from the grass roots up. Though they really need to pick up 5 starter quality players.
    the draft lacks star power but there is a lot of talent, its just harder to evaluate without the bona fide stars of years past, it could be one of those drafts that people look back and see a lot of 2nd and 3rd rounders who pan out better than the 1st rounders because there isn't a big gap in talent level

of course that's why everybody wants to trade down, this is a draft where teams want to have a lot of picks, there are only a few instances where teams will want to move up and whomever can take advantage of it will be happy with the additional picks they will have to make

10+ Year Old Account
    Also to my gripe, in the giant loss of players this season Oakland couldn't afford to keep Shane Lechler who's signed for the Texans.

There goes one of the last two guys in the team who was there when I started watching =/

If Oakland is going to pull off a successful trade, it'll be in the group just behind Philly who want to get ahead of them, Floyd or Lotulelei will still probably be available at that point, and they'll pick up a 2nd rounder to boot.

If not well, Floyd's pretty much a locked in pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots should probably get WR or Cornerback help, but as we are dealing with Belichick it's more realistic to say that anything could happen. I'd personally love if they go for a real no. 1 wideout prospect, but those seem to be graded higher then NE gets to pick at 29. The experts seem to mostly go for CB or S in the mocks I've seen.

TBH even though I prefer the offensive side of the ball when I'm watching, not having to watch our defense just being unable to stop anything would probably do more for my enjoyment of the games. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    the Patriots have no knack for evaluating collegiate receivers, whichever prospect they pick would probably be the wrong one, but they do have a good track record of getting defensive players early who contribute as rookies

10+ Year Old Account
    the Patriots have no knack for evaluating collegiate receivers, whichever prospect they pick would probably be the wrong one, but they do have a good track record of getting defensive players early who contribute as rookies
    From somewhere on the internet:

A quick history of Belichick’s WR draft picks:

• Jeremy Ebert — Round 7, 2012: zero career catches

• Taylor Price — Round 3, 2010: 5 catches, 80 yards

• Brandon Tate — Round 3, 2009: 37 catches, 643 yards, four TDs (Tate played for the Bengals last season)

• Julian Edelman — Round 7, 2009: 69 catches, 714 yards, four TDs

• Matthew Slater — Round 5, 2008: 1 catch, 46 yards

• Chad Jackson — Round 2, 2006: 14 catches, 171 yards, 3 TDs

• P.K. Sam — Round 5, 2004: zero catches

• Bethel Johnson — Round 2, 2003: 39 catches, 606 yards, 4 TDs

• Deion Branch — Round 2, 2002: 518 catches, 6,644 yards, 39 TDs

• David Givens — Round 7, 2002: 166 catches, 2,318 yards, 12 TDs (Givens retired, then sued the Titans after a knee injury in 2006)

Ugh that is 1 dog ugly list. We seem to do allright with receivers once they've proven they've got talent, but drafting them has sucked.

So, yeah, I change my vote, let Belichick just draft a good Cornerback or something, that'll likely turn out better then us getting a WR. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ravens needs right now are LT, S, WR and MLB.

LT - don't see this happening in the first round. They're the last pick of the 1st and they'd have to move all the way up to the top 3 - 5 to have a shot at one of the better LT's available this year. It's a big hole that definitely needs to be addressed, but I just don't see them addressing it in the draft. Maybe a "project"-type guy in the middle rounds.

S - Another position where the Ravens need an immediate starter. May have a shot at Kenny Vaccaro, Jonathon Cyprien, Matt Elam and Shamarko Thomas could all be there.

WR - a bunch of guys that could be available here when the Ravens pick, but most of them seem similar to what they already have in T. Smith and Jacoby Jones.

MLB - Alec Ogletree, Kevin Minter and Manti Te'o could all be there when the Ravens pick. I'd prefer Ogletree, but he's the best bet of the 3 to be gone before the 32nd pick.

I still think there's a decent chance the Ravens trade out of this pick. While there isn't a lot of "can't miss" guys, there seems to be plenty of depth. Think it was Elway that said there wasn't much difference this year between the top 10-12 guys and guys that looked to be going late in the first round. Something I'm really hoping on is that they use our abundance of picks (we have 12 picks this year) to trade up/down and aquire multiple 2nd, 3rd and 4th round guys.

Something I'm not looking forward to is that, if they don't find a MLB in the draft, you may see them talking to James Harrison again. -.-
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    its starting to look like the Chiefs will trade Albert to the Dolphins which just makes too much sense not to happen

the Chiefs would get a 2nd rounder and be able to settle in on a LT with the #1 pick
    the Dolphins have 2 2nd rounders and 2 3rds so they can stand the loss of a pick and probably get Albert signed to a long-term contract, then they have more options with that #12 overall pick

the ones who would lose out are the teams trying to trade back from the top 6, thats one less team in the market to move up and draft a left tackle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    For Oakland's sake, I hope the owner is patient and realizes the fallout of the last couple of years is finally starting to cease, and that last year didn't really count as far as "rebuilding".

For my own sake, I hope he doesn't.
    Last year was a crap year we had to suffer with a broken team and no draft picks till the bottom of the 5th to start a rebuild with. Anyone who even considers last season as anything other than a combined pile of years of festering crap all coming to the top at once is a delusional idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case you live under a rock, like me. The schedule is being released in 30 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    In case you live under a rock, like me. The schedule is being released in 30 minutes.
    I know, but I could not care less. Been watching ESPN today because I'm waiting for skateboard big air. Love the fact that the X-Games is more than just one single weekend event this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I know, but I could not care less. Been watching ESPN today because I'm waiting for skateboard big air. Love the fact that the X-Games is more than just one single weekend event this year.
    Thats almost as bad as me watching the Mariners this season.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 05:10 PM ----------

https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/stat...37455474561025

Better than the two without the SNF flex last year. And the bye is the 12th week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pats seem to have an okay schedule at first glance. First 3 weeks against Bills, Jets, Bucs, and then in the last month they face Browns, Dolphins, Ravens, Bills. Bye week in week 10. Worst we got is Week 4-6 @Falcons, @Bengals and then home against the Saints. I'm pretty pleased I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints and Seahawks on Monday Night, awesome

the brutal part is 49ers on a Sunday and then going to Atlanta to play the Falcons on Thursday, then 10 days without playing before the Seahawks game Monday Night, that mid November to early December stretch will be killer