Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    I recently ran a few sims for my character. Simcraft suggests using Soul Fire: Meta during DS. For me it's 143k SF: Meta dpet vs. 88k ToC dpet. So far so good. The question is, do i have to pool Molten Core proccs for DS? Any experiences?

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...100#entry20470

When Soulfire got buffed 22%, it became a higher priority with Molten Core procs and Dark Soul up. If Dark Soul isn't up, you want to save Soulfire for caster form because of the higher Demonic Fury generation. Soulfire, if done properly, should appear twice on World of Logs. One form will be the one that cost a shit ton of mana (caster form) and the other one will hit a crapton harder (Meta form). Basically in Meta, your priority is this:

1) Touch of Chaos if Corruption duration < 2 sec
    2) Doom if Unerring procs, cycle targets
    3) Doom if not applied
    4) Soulfire if Dark Soul is up
    5) Touch of Chaos

Basically if Corr is about to wear off, use ToC at least once. I usually do it twice for 12 additional seconds. After that, make sure Doom is flying on everything that it will tick on at least once, especially if Unerring procs. If Dark Soul is up, use Soulfire; otherwise, use Touch of Chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'm curious about something, and I'm sure a few people here could test it. Running 8097 haste, how short is the Imp Swarm CD if you use it with the Meta Proc, Blood Lust, and Berserking?
    Was actually gonna test this this morning, but I didn't really have time. My haste his lower (5523), but with the Meta and Berserking up the CD was just barely over 1 minute. I'd be curious as to what it is with 8097, Lust, Meta, Berserking.

I'm currently gemmed Int/Mastery in Red, straight Mastery in Yellow, and Hit/Mastery in blue. With those gems and my current gear I can't hit 8097. Should I regem for haste in order to hit 8097? I had thought I just wouldn't worry about it until I got BoTH, but I could be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    I'm currently gemmed Int/Mastery in Red, straight Mastery in Yellow, and Hit/Mastery in blue. With those gems and my current gear I can't hit 8097. Should I regem for haste in order to hit 8097? I had thought I just wouldn't worry about it until I got BoTH, but I could be wrong?
    Only with U.Vision the Full Haste Build worth it.

Deleted
    That's what i figured already by looking at the priority list form simcraft. The question still is: Is it worth it to pool 9 - 10 stacks of molten core before DS comes up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Yeah I have UVLS. So I guess I'll switch mastery gems to haste in order to hit 8097. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    This isn't actually true. The 8097 haste breakpoint is worth it regardless of Unerring.

Also, please don't link Icy Veins as a source. That site has a horrible reputation for good reason; I rarely see correct class specific research other than the basics there.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-04-18 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Hello, got a question about trinkets
    Why is volatile talisman so high on the trinket list and wuusholai so low?
    I have wushoolay normal, UVoLS normal, and shock charger upgraded 2/2 and I can get breath / cha-yes also if needed. But atm I don't know wich one to use , or wich is better..

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Also, please don't link Icy Veins as a source. That site has a horrible reputation for good reason; I rarely see correct class specific research other than the basics there.
    I see lot of ppl here talking about that, but no one cares to do some math or something like that to show what is right or not. At least the warlock which is taking care of Lock session in Icy Veins do something and show some math and results.

I think ppl need less criticism and more posts which could help the newbies and non-hardcore players like me.

Hi.

I'm currently playing Destro mainspec with an extreme emphasis on mastery. I'm wondering how 12k mastery with the UVLS trinket will work on paper. Would it be better to have the same amount of haste instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Hi.

I'm currently playing Destro mainspec with an extreme emphasis on mastery. I'm wondering how 12k mastery with the UVLS trinket will work on paper. Would it be better to have the same amount of haste instead?
    If you roll destro main spec, keep whatever you're rolling with it. The dps gain going to demo with favoring haste and giving your destro spec a decrease will not differ and if it does, not by much. I tried going for 8097 but saw a decrease overall; keeping in mind I only have one PPM trinket (BoTH w/ the valor trink), no meta or UVLS. I personally believe it really favors the two PPM trinket side and not so much on just one. The only spec I really see hurting because you don't have a correct breakpoint for it is affliction, which even then I still don't see it being worth it hurting your main spec if you don't play the off spec enough to justify it.

Demonology Trinket Question

I'm looking over 2 lists for BiS trinkets for demo, but they vary a bit. I'm not sure which is more credible or not.

Lei Shen and Volatile Talisman are shown as BiS (normal).

But a post on Icy Veins (located here) suggests Lei Shen and Wushoolay's Final Choice.

Is there a clear answer to this?

Demo will want UVLS that's pretty much agreed upon. Second slot is either chan or hydra depending on playstyle. I'm seeing higher sims with hydra than chan but its something to check for yourself. Keep in mind simC has gone through many APL updates since that list was published with APL's specifically tailored to UVLS. If you OS aff then I'd def go for hydra. Generally the amount of haste you want for demo w' UVLS (and UVLS itself) doesn't do as well for destro...esp w' the new metagem. This tier there is so much conflicting info, viable specs, and options people who want a canned answer will be frustrated. My "gut" is trinket breakdowns are something like:

Demo = UVLS + chan or hydra
    Aff = Wush OR UVLS + hydra (don't mix UVLS+Wush since odds of procs lining up are lottery small)
    Dest = Wush + chan

I also have a "gut" that destro should avoid haste like the plague once it gets the legendary meta and that mastery is significantly undervalued in terms of functional application in ToT raids but I digress...

Is UVLS a necessary prerequisite for demo to be viable or will it still be competitive with the other specs at ~525il.

Thanks. That Violate just rubbed me the wrong way when I saw it appear so high up in that list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalislol View Post
    Is UVLS a necessary prerequisite for demo to be viable or will it still be competitive with the other specs at ~525il.
    The Lei shen trinket isn't a MUST, but does really ramp up opening sustain for demonology warlocks, especially if you have the Meta gem. Having a decent secondary trinket will help you catch up to demonology warlocks with UVLS later on, but if fights have downtime, like lei shen, UVLS shines so well.

Im receiving conflicting reports on stat priorities Demo.

Right now I am a 510~ ilvl warlock. Most of my gear is littered with crit. I was reading in the demo warlock thread that it was crit>mastery>haste until you get the LS trinket and then it goes to a haste build. Right now I have Cha-Ye's and Wush.

Before the LS trinket is it still best to go Crit>mastery>haste? I keep looking through threads and im receiving a lot of conflicting reports.

I have a somewhat simple question. I haven't been Demo much this tier and we are currently working on Heroic Dr.MooMoo, I was wondering is it better to go sacrifice on this fight since my pet seems to constantly be despawning? and with ice walls as my primary focus on damage would it be better for Lei Shens or for Wooshlays? Also if not sacrifice im assuming servitude is the best second option for burst on walls? Any advice would be really appreciated! Thank you!

Here's my armory if needed

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...evega/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by maelcrum View Post
    I have a somewhat simple question. I haven't been Demo much this tier and we are currently working on Heroic Dr.MooMoo, I was wondering is it better to go sacrifice on this fight since my pet seems to constantly be despawning? and with ice walls as my primary focus on damage would it be better for Lei Shens or for Wooshlays? Also if not sacrifice im assuming servitude is the best second option for burst on walls? Any advice would be really appreciated! Thank you!

Here's my armory if needed

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...evega/advanced
    He despawns because you can't summon him on or before the bridge on your walk back to him, so simply summon him past that bridge and you won't have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    He despawns because you can't summon him on or before the bridge on your walk back to him, so simply summon him past that bridge and you won't have problems.
    You're awesome. Thank you!

Deleted
    I have a couple of quick questions and i hope that some of you can help me with it . I didnt read through all the pages here, but the last 2-3, sorry if I missed something.

1. What do I do in quick burst AoE phases? Obviously dotting everything should not make sense here. I have the problem, that I dont know what to do, after I activated immo aura in Meta. do I spam felflame?? Do I have to spec Harvest life to have a filler in AoE sitations? This is not covered in the guide

2. When is it worth it to dot targets with doom? I mean, how long must the targets live until it is a viable thing to do? Same for corruption!? Does it make sense to use corruption if I cant hit all the targets with felflame(meta) to refresh?

3. How do I use UVoLS as a demo? do I just go meta + doom + toc + back to casterform when it procs? What is the best sequence?