Thread: Class counters?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Class counters?

So i have been playing a Shadow Priest since Start Wotlk and through all expansions i have allways had a
    problem with Rogues 1v1.

So i was thinking what classes have you guys had a CONSITENT problem with?
    (not count for OP times like DK 3.1) CHANGED TO 3.1

What is your class and what have countered it consistently though all patches?

Your class's counter class?
    Last edited by mmocac820410e9; 2013-04-20 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    As Ele shaman, rogue completely decimates me. Almost zero chance vs a good rogue without a string of lucky lava surge procs. Another two would be DK and windwalker.

I don't really counter any class...maybe a mage since I'm nearly immune to deep freeze. Generally I do ok vs casters and terrible vs melee.

Blood DK, especially now they have double grip. "Oh, didn't get my DS off? np, grip again."

Also when were DK's OP in 5.1 (that's last patch)? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Shadow Priest the only class I always have problems with is Frost mages. This patch is basically frost mages and warlocks, can't do sh*t vs a good one in 1v1. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Blood DK, especially now they have double grip. "Oh, didn't get my DS off? np, grip again."

Also when were DK's OP in 5.1 (that's last patch)? O_o
    That double grip is retarded, whoever thought of that shit man...

If I grounding totem the DG, doesn't matter, still does it despite him playing like shit. Rewarded for being bad...the epitome of MoP PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    If I grounding totem the DG, doesn't matter, still does it despite him playing like shit. Rewarded for being bad...the epitome of MoP PvP.
    Because there is that much you can distance yourself from him in a 3s window, right? Gimme a break.

Also, who still loses to Blood DKs these days? Hit him at range if you can't hit harder than a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    That double grip is retarded, whoever thought of that shit man...

Well, it's his 4set. Your 4set is lower tstorm cd right? So you can blow everyone back twice as often.
    It might be better if dk 4set reduced the cooldown of grip instead of making it double, dunno.

To me it feels that my rogue is countered hardest by warlocks/windwalkers/hunters and my windwalker is countered by hunters. My rogue counters prot warriors and my windwalker counters most classes it seems.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks seem to get me every time, but right now I'm a noob so it might just be me :<

Hardest counter for me on any of my characters is Hunters when I'm on my WW Monk. Ring of Peace is pretty much useless against them and I can't stop any of the damage from the pet. Disengage one roll, stun the second, freedom my flying kick and then they can kite for 30 seconds because Monks don't have a ranged slow - I am completely useless against any somewhat decent hunter in a 1v1 situation.

As a rogue, hunters. Though the battle might be slightly in my favour if I'm assa, which could be due to me running with Shuriken as opposed to mfd when sub.

I really, really, really hate hunters.

Tanks if they have no stacks in a ctf, yeah, I tend to stay away from that shit.

Moonkins just give me aids. Jesus fucking christ, so fucking annoying! Root, vortex, FF, typhoon, dot, dot, dot, when I get a hold of the fucker, bear form, displacer beast. Maybe a little cyclone too! Just... oh, so rage inducing, but I'm not sure if they actually counter me - haven't fought that many.

On ele ... well, everyone. But I'd put hunter at the top of the list.

On moonkin I cringe whenever I see a warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    On my boomkin, mages and shamans counter me.

On my healing monk not much counters me....1v1 I can kill almost every melee. Casters are I guess my counter but they really do not counter me hard, priest and warlocks in arena but 1v1 they are not effective, mages counter me the most I guess, they're kitablity is very strong.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I tend to play healers and i find melees in general as a hard counter. Specifically death knights and rogues.
    Current season with dks and rogues being pretty much the best classes in the game its alot of fun playing healer :/

As any melee spec, your counter is a hunter.

Actually, aside from maybe a demo warlock, does anything counter a BM hunter?

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I tend to play healers and i find melees in general as a hard counter. Specifically death knights and rogues.
    Current season with dks and rogues being pretty much the best classes in the game its alot of fun playing healer :/
    How many tier 1 comps have a DK? DKs and rogues are the only melee allowed in RBGs because of Gorefiends and smokebomb, respectively.

There is no way you can seriously claim that melee are in any way superior to ranged DPS.

Simple fix to most of peoples counter "hunters" is to nerf BM and make them go surv/marks

I play enh, Hunters/rogues/ww = hard counters, being locked fully out of all defensive/offensives 100% of the game is just gg
    but yeah BM hunters need a nerf in some department, either there burst, there random 100x petstuns, or something its turned into the dumbest overpowered class in the game and its 2 seasons they have been this out of control...

Rogues? can u even keep them out of stealth anymore, do you remember when u always tried to put dots on rogues to keep them outta stealth? ive even opened on rogues "while in stealth" and they dont even break out, just get a free opener still "while stealthed"

WW? they are just a flat stunbot, and do 0 dmg, but are just anoying as shit, i went vs War/ww/disc in 3's the other day while streaming, and i recapped and watched it, i had 6 free globals all game, i was tech chain cced for 2 1/2 mins from stuns alone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    As any melee spec, your counter is a hunter.

Actually, aside from maybe a demo warlock, does anything counter a BM hunter?

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 02:33 PM ----------

How many tier 1 comps have a DK? DKs and rogues are the only melee allowed in RBGs because of Gorefiends and smokebomb, respectively.

There is no way you can seriously claim that melee are in any way superior to ranged DPS.
    This topic is about counters, right? As a healer i feel countered more by dks and rogues rather than mages, warlock or spriests.
    The only ranged class that really fucks me up as a healer would be hunter perhaps but nowhere near as bad as melees in general do.

If you disagree with that then you are free to make your own post and state what you feel is more correct

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a causal PVP Mage: Hunters, Druids and 5.2 Rogues.

Silencing Shot, Scatter Shot, launched freezing trap. You can't cast crap for most of the fight as they turn you into a pin cushion. When out of CC they just Deterrence and laugh in your face as their pets chew you to bits. Then Readiness to do it all over again if for some reason you aren't dead yet. Your CC to almost completely ineffective against them as they are ranged too. You can't even interrupt them as they aren't casters.

Shift, shift, shift ... immune to polymorph ... might as well just stand there, AFK and get a drink.

Opening from stealth with full DPS CD + CloS effectively making them immune to everything you can throw at them. ST ensures you will never get a breather. Vanish when about to be counter-attacked.

for my arms warrior 1v1, just cant seem to kill a good hunter. some are bad and dont know how to use their 2deterrences/jumpback/web, but ya usually pee'd in by hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    for my arms warrior 1v1, just cant seem to kill a good hunter. some are bad and dont know how to use their 2deterrences/jumpback/web, but ya usually pee'd in by hunters
    Have you ever thought that they don't always have Readiness?