Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hey What u think about this blue post
    The main role of tanks in PvP is as flag carriers. There is a debuff that applies to flag carriers that causes them to take additional damage, and we made a change to have this debuff even stronger for tanks in Rated Battlegrounds. Philosophically, we’re okay with tanks being useful in PvP, but in general, characters that are hard to kill with a reasonable amount of control aren’t fun for anyone else, so we’re definitely not trying to encourage even more tank participation in PvP. With this change, you can still use a tank as a flag carrier, but it should also feel more feasible to try having other classes and specs carry the flag as well.
    So basically, tank speck aren't mandatory anymore. Which class can do this job better? Rogue/feral maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post

So basically, tank speck aren't mandatory anymore. Which class can do this job better? Rogue/feral maybe?
    Windwalker Monks might get used for their mobility and fast-caps, but they have poor survivability cooldowns.

Warlocks might get used because they probably have the best survivability.

Boomkins might get used with a warlock symbiosis because they have passive defenses and good mobility.

Mistweaver Monks might get used because they can't die inside stuns, but it means you have 1 less healer in team fights (they'll have stand at range - so they'll only be able to heal the healers).

Feral Druids might get used because they have good mobility and good defensives, but are pretty useless in team fights.

Deleted
    btw also the tactic is gonna change right?
    now u wait for 3/4 stacks for focussing fc, now u can start asap.

Deleted

It is all going to depend on how big and bad the debuff is going to be, so I can't do anything but speculate for now.
    What I think is that FC's which depend on tanking up damage (blood dk's/warriors) will be hit more heavily by this and that it will make feral druids even better.
    If the debuff doesn't apply to ''cat spec'' druids, this will make them incredibly op, since they will still have the advantage of enormous kiting together with going into bear form to get alot of defensive potential.
    If the debuff does affect cat spec druids and it is really bad on real tanks, I guess the meta will change from waiting for stacks to speedcapping and zerging fc's, making specs like rogues and ww monks or even demo warlocks work as fc.
    Overall I think that on high-level RBG tanks will still be required, this is just to make it so that low-level rbg groups don't spend hours for finding a ''real'' tank.

Deleted
    trick In Eye of the Storm as a lock:
    If u spec demo for this bg, u are able to fast cap the flag before the enemies teams arrive. With slow fall if you use Demonic Leap, you will arrive right on the flag!!
    U must Remove Demonic Leap glyph for the trick.
    I guess also monk can do the trick!

Deleted
    1 tip for isle of the storm. If they get the flag and use the "lame" way. Charge to that FC and let the DK grip him on the flag return stand. You might need to pull some moves to get the fc in range.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Windwalker Monks might get used for their mobility and fast-caps, but they have poor survivability cooldowns.

Warlocks might get used because they probably have the best survivability.

Boomkins might get used with a warlock symbiosis because they have passive defenses and good mobility.

Mistweaver Monks might get used because they can't die inside stuns, but it means you have 1 less healer in team fights (they'll have stand at range - so they'll only be able to heal the healers).

Feral Druids might get used because they have good mobility and good defensives, but are pretty useless in team fights.
    Booms and locks wont be taken. Defensives yes, but when defensives are down they drop like butter.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience, boomkins are blessings in BGs

Deleted
    Tried some RBG at 2k rating and we failed miserably with a lock flag carrier, is to easy to kill. We did far better with a proper tank.

Tried some RBG at 2k rating and we failed miserably with a lock flag carrier, is to easy to kill. We did far better with a proper tank.
    We were RBGing at 2k and have to agree with the first bit. There was a demo lock flag carrier on a 2.2k team and he just fell over whenever we made contact. Another team had an Arms warrior flag carrier though and we were struggling to do any damage to him at all. It was 8 stacks and 4-5 DPS still couldn't down him (he had 3 healers) using all CDs in a smoke bomb.

Deleted
    Like I said before, it mostly seems like a move by blizzard to make it easier for low-level (1000-1800) teams to get together because they don't have to wait to find an FC.
    For the higher level teams it will still be good to have one though.
    Also can anyone tell me if a feral in cat spec suffers from the debuff aswell because judging from the wording in the patch notes they won't, which will make them supremely overpowered compared to other fc's (where, in my oppinion, they already were abit ahead before the patch)
    Last edited by mmoc877bd117d6; 2013-05-28 at 12:43 PM.

Great Guide!!!!

There are a lot of little things in here I didn't think of and I love this thread!!!
    I am our Guild's Raid leader and our BG leader is on vacation so this will make things so much easier after reading this guide!

Thanks Again,

Seelean

Deleted
    Currently working on updated strategies on all bg's and the new bg, though refinement may take some time

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Currently working on updated strategies on all bg's and the new bg, though refinement may take some time
    Looking forward to this. After 4 months of working on it, it must be good!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Looking forward to this. After 4 months of working on it, it must be good!
    Hmm not really, I quit wow like 3 months ago because there were absolutely no good teams qeueuing in RBG anymore, havn't been able to make decent strats because all teams are equally face roll, will get back in 5.4 prolly, so will get something good setup after that

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Could you add anything for the classes who are less popular or for those who are working with those classes?

Hi, I'd like to provide an "old school" tactics for Arathi Basin, Horde side.

First of all, I PvPed recently after more than 2 years of pause, but can't see anything has changed, atleast regarding AB.

The tactics are fairly simple, yet proved to be effective.

START:

3 groups, G1, G2, G3.

G1: 7 people go to LM
    G2: 7 people go to BS
    G3: 1 person caps Farm

With 7 players at each LM and BS, 9/10 times you should be able to win those spots.

Once LM and BS are capped, 4 players remain at LM and BS at ALL time.

The rest go back and first help incoming Farm from GM. After that has been dealt with, 2 players remain at Farm and the rest are mounted and wait for incoming calls (with numbers) near the bridge; between all 3 spots.
    All you need to do is see how many incoming, make sure you have 1-2 players more than incoming at that particular spot and you should lose (Providing everyone knows how to play their class, aren't totally outgeared, etc.).

Summary:

1) 7 people cap LM
    2) 7 people cap BS
    3) 1 person caps Farm
    4) 4 players stay at LM, 4 stay at BS, 2 stay at Farm
    5) Rest are mounted inbetween all 3 points (so called Help position) and help accordingly.

Key things are:
    - Report incoming numbers
    - Dont oversend help
    - Dont stay too long when helping defend. There is no use of 5 Horde killing off 1 remaining ally. Get back to help position as soon as you see the place is defended. (Yes, I mean run away from combat and get back ASAP)

For Alliance, the same tactic could work if you replace "LM" with "GM", although due to the terrain it's much more difficult.

I have played back in the day numerous AB games (and also led a fair share of them) and I believe, while not the fastest tactic, this tactic can be used to beat any team. Mind you, this was "invented" when you played random against premade "random" groups. You can see then why we opted to take a longer game with greater chance to win

After all that, ofc some rogue can try and ninja ST for example, but only if reporting numbers indicate they are pushing hard on other place/s and the numbers tell you there's noone there.
    Apart from guidelines, plan and tactic, there's always the need for logic thinking :P

Deleted
    That's all really nice and your tactic definately works, back in wrath.
    RBG is 10v10, so that's for a starter, besides that if you spread your team out like that, they can probably send 2 healers and a tank to bs to counter your play there and rape your people on LM really fast and then have everyone (but one defender) slowfall to BS and then wipe you there.

@Drmcninja What classes are you talking about? The only class which I pretty much ignore is hunter, all classes have atleast a viable spec on the team (some even more then one), you want me to make specific strats for teams with a hunter?

That's all really nice and your tactic definately works, back in wrath.
    RBG is 10v10, so that's for a starter, besides that if you spread your team out like that, they can probably send 2 healers and a tank to bs to counter your play there and rape your people on LM really fast and then have everyone (but one defender) slowfall to BS and then wipe you there.

@Drmcninja What classes are you talking about? The only class which I pretty much ignore is hunter, all classes have atleast a viable spec on the team (some even more then one), you want me to make specific strats for teams with a hunter?
    TBH, I wanted to write something that people can apply in random groups. Seeing how we lose like 9/10 random BGs, I dont think it can hurt

RBG is a whole other game and everything I wrote is specific for randoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    TBH, I wanted to write something that people can apply in random groups. Seeing how we lose like 9/10 random BGs, I dont think it can hurt

RBG is a whole other game and everything I wrote is specific for randoms.
    Getting 15 people to execute a strategy in random bg's is going to be really hard and tbh, unnescesary. Also this thread is aimed at RBG, as it says in the title.

Getting 15 people to execute a strategy in random bg's is going to be really hard and tbh, unnescesary. Also this thread is aimed at RBG, as it says in the title.
    I noticed the title just now, I apologize. Just wanted to help.