Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Only thing I wish to change about this fight, is the only thing I want to change about ToT in general. The ground effects match the ground way too well. The dark purple/grey on grey/blue stone work is annoyingly difficult to see if there is a cluster of folks around. I get that its thunder and lightining, but make the ground a different color or go with a bright blue and not these dark shades that match the flooring, but have small sparkles in them. Only complaint about the raid as a whole is that. ToT is pretty good otherwise, oh and I could stand to have a couple trash packs removed.
    This hasn't been a problem for me at all on Lei Shen; Durumu is definitely the culprit here. Council, Tortos, Consorts, Iron qon and Dark animus have this problem but only very slightly to the point where it almost isn't even worth mentioning it.

Deleted
    This and Garalon pre-nerf, for once LFR feels like a real raid.
    Boss is tuned nicely, not too difficult but not /follow and collect loot boss either. Sha of fear LFR is one of the most boring encounters ever (12 minute patchwerk style nuking), while this is still in-depth 3-phase fight with mechanics that need to be taken care of.

I like how you die if you stand in thunderstruck. I like the adds spawning from the bouncey balls (they could use 3-bounce cap, ball that spawned add 3 times already could vanish), and the last phase being doable with half of the raid alive.

Deleted
    Static shock is fine, just like on normal and heroic, you only solo-soak if you are fully immune or have +90% reduction :

Deterrence - Cloak of Shadows - Dispersion - Bubble - Diffuse Magic and Ice-block (I think). Might be more, can't recall all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even getting to 10 stacks of the lfr 'buff' still makes this fight impossible for those that don't take the time to move outta shit and learn.

It doesn't need a nerf, just needs people to probably experience it for a few week before getting the pattern down correctly for one-shotting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Just need to explain bouncing orbs, and inform the tanks whats going on.

You can really fudge the rest.

or just get lucky and ported into an LFR with 9 stacks and solo tank it. been there done that, ppl thought i was so amazing, because the previous tanks would just tank lei shen next to a pillar til 3 stacks and wonder why they would wipe shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Don't think that i'm saying this boss is overtuned for LFR, that couldn't be further from the truth; You can kill this boss with less than 10 people alive for phase 3, which I think is really good design. I just think that 1 mechanic is doing to much damage.
    lfr is already too easy as it mostly skips normal tactics, saying 1 mechanic that is meant to one shot ppl if not dealt with correctly is doing too much damage would make fights even more trivial, i would rather lfr be reasonably hard for casual groups to at least give a moderate challenge instead of facerolling it for months to come, i have not checked but the ability probably does more damage on 25 player since there is more people to soak, just hope you get a group that spreads evenly on transitions and can at least stack to soak.

10+ Year Old Account
    We just got it on 4th attempt. We only had problems with not getting adds in the intermission phase but after that we were peachy.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had a player in our group pull the boss before hearing the mechanics because he needed to take a dump. Needless to say, we all died before we could even get the determination buff because we weren't able to go through all the mechanics and what to stack and spread out on.

The boss doesn't need to be nerfed. Some players just need an intellect buff.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

It became a lot easier once we realized how pathetic his aoe damage is and just kept him not charging pillars for 20-30s at a time.
    Transitions are much easier with conduits at level 1 and maybe 50 energy on two of them.

I think everythign is wrong with Lei Shen LFR, having done him on normal already I try to lead ppl and expain what to do and there we find the first problem, there are way too many abilitys and complexity to properly explain this whithout voice chat to a crowd that dont realy want to pay atention with a wildly varying level of skill/dedication to the game, this is one boss that could use less complexity in LFR for sure.

Than when the fight starts another problem surfaces, there are way too many unforgiving mechanic for an LFR and too much personal responsability, ppl arent used to get one shot if they make mistakes, ppl arent used to see wipes happening because of 1 bouncing bolt that went unchecked for 2-3 bounces and above all else ppl arent happy when they die because someone that arent themselves made a mistake.

These things make it so you actualy need to progress kinda like you do in normal or heroic in order to beat the boss, and that would be fine if it werent completly against the nature of LFR players, ppl simply quit in droves regardless of stacks of determination, and what is happening now is that whenever the raid gets to Lei Shen everyone quits, and anyone new that joins the group also leaves, ppl arent even trying anymoe.

Making LFR hard (or at least a bit chalenging), as much as it pleases almost everyone that frequents these forums (me included), is an enormous mistake because the usual LFR customer dont want chalenge, he doesnt play the game for chalenge he plays the game to relax and get some cool looking amor with a purple name and some nice stats in it, he doesnt want to learn complex boss mechanics and he doesnt want to be penalised for making 1 or 2 mistakes, and you know what thats fine this raid dificulty isnt aimed at the chalenge seeking ppl so no boss should ever be this hard on LFR.

diffusion chain really needs a cap (maybe 3) on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What I think Blizzard should do is make a couple of baked in raid warnings saying spread out there and stack there. Honestly that would solve most of the frustration.

Blizzard shouldn't be using the ridiculous determination buff as a free pass to overtune an end of tier LFR boss to give the illusion of challenge and progression, just sayin'.
    How is this LFR fight a "illusion of challenge and progression"?
    Even 40% more damage/healing/reduce damage is not going to save anyone from the 1000 adds from incorrect execution during transition phases, and that is the phase most raid wipe on. This is the most well-designed fight in LFR, you can't just get 10 stack of determined then burn or anything, you must do the transition phase right or you will wipe. In other words, it is not overturned. Just people need to learn the mechanic. In the end many LFR group did killed means it is possible for people execute the fight right. More damage, healing, etc. is not the problem.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-04-21 at 04:32 AM.

What I think Blizzard should do is make a couple of baked in raid warnings saying spread out there and stack there. Honestly that would solve most of the frustration.
    Players will learn the fight through repetition or watching strats just like they do with every other one. There really isn't more hand-holding needed on this fight. I frankly enjoyed it a lot my first time through, can't wait for reset.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    the usual LFR customer dont want chalenge, he doesnt play the game for chalenge he plays the game to relax and get some cool looking amor with a purple name and some nice stats in it, he doesnt want to learn complex boss mechanics and he doesnt want to be penalised for making 1 or 2 mistakes, and you know what thats fine this raid dificulty isnt aimed at the chalenge seeking ppl so no boss should ever be this hard on LFR.
    The usual LFR customer is, more likely, a potential raid quality player who doesn't feel like dealing with guilds, or a guild raider who's doing LFR as an offset (or gearing an alt).

Folks who don't play for any challenge whatsoever can grind vp's and get epics in several other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Players will learn the fight through repetition or watching strats just like they do with every other one. There really isn't more hand-holding needed on this fight. I frankly enjoyed it a lot my first time through, can't wait for reset.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:31 AM ----------

The usual LFR customer is, more likely, a potential raid quality player who doesn't feel like dealing with guilds, or a guild raider who's doing LFR as an offset (or gearing an alt).

Folks who don't play for any challenge whatsoever can grind vp's and get epics in several other ways.
    No thats what good/decent players idealise LFR players as, the relaity are the guys doing LFR only are te for fun/extremely casual crowd, the one that play games on easy or just because they think the graphics look pretty, who dont research squat about theyre class or the bosses, this kind of ppl dont want to slowly progress to kill a boss, if they think its too hard they give up instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    just like on normal and heroic
    This is the problem i'm having; it shouldn't be just like normal and heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    lfr is already too easy as it mostly skips normal tactics, saying 1 mechanic that is meant to one shot ppl if not dealt with correctly is doing too much damage would make fights even more trivial, i would rather lfr be reasonably hard for casual groups to at least give a moderate challenge instead of facerolling it for months to come, i have not checked but the ability probably does more damage on 25 player since there is more people to soak, just hope you get a group that spreads evenly on transitions and can at least stack to soak.
    In my opinion not dealing with it correctly is running away from everyone and not using a cooldown to survive. But since I used 2 forms of damage mitigation I should be able to solo soak. Even if 2 or 3 of us stack up during the transition it's likely that one of us will die because of how much damage that spell does.

Edit: Thunderstruck is also a mechanic that will one shot you; however doing the mechanic correctly will result in insignificant damage to your character; unlike static shock where if you do the mechanic correctly you can still get hit for 400k+ damage.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-04-21 at 05:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Edit: Thunderstruck is also a mechanic that will one shot you; however doing the mechanic correctly will result in insignificant damage to your character; unlike static shock where if you do the mechanic correctly you can still get hit for 400k+ damage.
    No, if you do the mechanic the way you wanna do it you'll take 400k. That's not the same thing as doing it correctly. You feel that it should be doable that way, and that's fine, but it isn't so obviously doing it that way is not doing it correctly.

The correct way to soak Static Shock is not to Pain Sup and PW:S, its to run into the melee clump and take basically 0 damage.

The part where its a little harder is transition phase, but even there it still has enough of a delay that you should be able to find and get to a clump of 3-4 players. The transition phase is really the main issue for this fight on LFR. It requires at least 1-2 brains per quadrant which means you'll need 4-8 decent players in the raid to spread among 4 quadrants. Not all LFR groups have that.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Not from what I've seen. At least half the LFR players that I come across couldn't derp their way through a normal mode fight regardless if they wanna "deal" with guilds (is being in a guild really such a chore?). The other half are a mixture of all the things you mentioned.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2013-04-21 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post

I always laugh though. Half the time you can't get these baddies in LFR to avoid standing in fire, but on a fight like Lei Shen were you wanna stack in something you can't get these people to do it. lol

You, Sir, are the most right person of internet. Ever. Period.

Deleted

Blizzard shouldn't be using the ridiculous determination buff as a free pass to overtune an end of tier LFR boss to give the illusion of challenge and progression, just sayin'.
    You can talk to your lfr member to gather here or spread out if something happens

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    No, if you do the mechanic the way you wanna do it you'll take 400k.
    More like 900k

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    The part where its a little harder is transition phase, but even there it still has enough of a delay that you should be able to find and get to a clump of 3-4 players.
    So if i'm lucky enough to have 4 people stack on me it may or may not kill us since were probably hovering around half health already from people doing the electric rings incorrectly at the start of the transition (which will pretty much always be the case).