Thread: [Ele] Trinket

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every piece I own is ilvl 522, except a heroic cloak. with 4 set bonus. That seems fairly close to what Bink used for the updated trinket list. I've been simming my nuts off and I get results that are totally different than what the list suggests:

Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault + Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance = 141596 dps
    Wushoolay's Final Choice + Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance = 143766 dps

This is with 2 int/stamina gems, gemming int with Echo/Elemental Blast setup and no legendary meta gem. Matter of fact, it doesn't really matter how I reforge/gem and which talent combination I pick, it's a fairly constant 2k dps gap in simcraft where wushoolay beats shado pan trinket. I've done this now again with the latest simcraft build, but was seeing exactly the same results a week ago.

Edit: just picked up the lei shen trinket from lfr and that sims at 139k, while its higher than my 2 normal ones in the bink list.
    Last edited by zenga; 2013-04-20 at 11:13 AM.

I´m atm ilvl 528, legendary meta and 4-set, running with EotE and PE, with the FE glyph. Hc Wooshlay and normal Cha-Ye, and i´m simming haste>mastery>crit.
    520-7 SimC, got the same results with 520-6. Also, 2x haste > 1x Int. All debuffs/buffs enabled, 6mins fight with 20% lenght variation. Simply because most fights in ToT are +6mins.
    I´m doing plot and reforgeplot runs now with simc, so i´ll see if anything changes, but so far i´ve almost always had haste better then mastery/crit. I´ll also try to run with Volatile Talisman and see if there are any change in dps/statweights.

*EDIT*

If anyone wants to sim my char, feel free to do so.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilthe/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    Nothing, that trinket has always been good for us. The best passive for us (Int, along with Lei-Shen) and a solid haste proc. Just because Haste becomes devalued at higher ilvls doesn't mean that Haste isn't good.
    I'm not saying that it's necessarily bad. It has good stats. I've just never seen it sim better than any of the other 522 trinkets, and the spreadsheet has it above ALL of the 522 trinkets. I'm trying to figure out why T_T
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    I'm not saying that it's necessarily bad. It has good stats. I've just never seen it sim better than any of the other 522 trinkets, and the spreadsheet has it above ALL of the 522 trinkets. I'm trying to figure out why T_T
    Vision is higher ranked than the Shado-Pan trinket, because, again, its about the INT passive and NOT the active proc. That'd be my reasoning. Shado-Pan trinket is going to rock in 5.3 with item upgrades and bad luck on TF/heroic versions, especially for 10 man Elementals.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-04-20 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Vision is higher ranked than the Shado-Pan trinket, because, again, its about the INT passive and NOT the active proc. That'd be my reasoning. Shado-Pan trinket is going to rock in 5.3 with item upgrades and bad luck on TF/heroic versions, especially for 10 man Elementals.
    The default sim in simc isn't simming just the proc. It takes the whole trinket into account, intellect and all. You can edit the program to sim the proc alone, but that's not what most are going to see when you download the program and run your toon through it.
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2013-04-21 at 01:19 AM.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    The default sim in simc isn't simming just the proc. It takes the whole trinket into account, intellect and all. You can edit the program to sim the proc alone, but that's not what most are going to see when you download the program and run your toon through it.
    I know everything of it, thanks. I just pointed out, that the high ranks of Vision and the Shado-Pan trinket are probably due to their passive INT on it, and not the 100% crit/even more Haste (which are logically half arsed for Elementals anyways).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    I'm doing a bit more advanced work than just comparing two profiles.
    Just quoting you here Bink, since I don't have a totemspot account and would like to avoid adding more websites to my list.

Anyways, hoping you'll see this. Just last night you posted this comment on Totemspot
    After conversations with the SimCraft guys it's starting to look like T15H values int at a lesser rate, which will change trinket values. This means I need to build a T15H profile and retest.
    I can only assume that with this, the Unerring Vision trinket is going to drop down heavily on the listings compared to the other 3 trinkets? Or do you feel it will just even it out so that it may be better in line with them? Having just obtained Unerring Vision tonight, I personally feel that with the proc uptime being so horrible compared to the others it will fall flat off. But I could be viewing it a bit more drastic then I should be.

I personally felt seeing Normal Unerring Vision ranking higher then Heroic Cha-Ye's was some form of insanity, so to hear the values may have been off sounds correct to me.

yes blink can you try and update that chart as soon as you can with the updated values to INT?

I also got Unerring Vision last night off normal lei shen. I got 2 procs in a 5 minute test. I'm really not liking it, but at least the flat intellect is nice.

The thing I don't understand about the new RPPM system is that (according to most posters) it means trinket proc mechanics are just for flavour. If it works the way people seem to think, BotH doesn't proc any more for heavy DoT classes than Ele, and Cha Ye's won't proc more or less depending on user crit chance; it's all normalised to 1 RPPM (+ haste multiplier). If you have a low crit chance, the proc chance will increase over time until it procs, so on average everyone will get 1 RPPM.

This contradicts how I would expect proc mechanics to work (why should a trinket proc that seems designed to favour DoT classes give them no actual benefit over classes with 1 DoT?) and also contradicts the way AMR calculates trinkets. AMR specifically states that Cha Ye's procs more often with higher crit, but if RPPM works the way people think, it shouldn't.

So, which is correct?

Deleted
    Cha-ye's has a modifier for proc chance based on spell crit chance too, so it does proc more the more crit you have like haste, however it behaves like rppm in that it should give the same uptime roughly for 1 crit every 10 secs or 100 crits every 10 secs, as long as there is the same chance. Not sure if lava burst's guaranteed crit chance counts to modify the proc chance or not though.

edit:

[0.8085*(1+SpellCritChance)] RPPM is the formula blizzard gave, it may have changed, but you should get the idea.
    Last edited by mmocdc618f2659; 2013-04-23 at 02:14 PM.