Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    You mean you actually go out of the city to level? There's your problem right there.

It astounds me how the two most reasonable points made against the OP's stance were immediately tossed aside. This is clearly not a discussion, as patrons against ganking are too stubborn to compromise or even attempt to understand the opposing side. They'd rather vilify those who disagree with their supposition, falsely equivocate ganking with griefing, and selfishly demand that the options be altered to sate their personal desires, at the cost of both Blizzard's design philosophy, and the collective playerbase for whom they do not speak.

If you want to suppose that attacking a player who does not consent to your aggressive actions is somehow harassment, it's both hypocritical and completely absurd to turn around and say "But PvE realms don't allow me to initiate combat!" You can't have your cake and eat it too, folks. In essence, the suggested change can be summarized as such: "I should be allowed to attack whoever I want regardless of their own desires, but people shouldn't be allowed to attack me at lower levels, because I think it's dumb."

Since it will likely come up, I want to clarify that this isn't a strawman. You would also be obviously confined by the level-deviation limitation, but since you consent to it already, this point is irrelevant. No actual limiting change is enacted upon your gameplay. It also may be claimed that no one likes being on the receiving end of lowbie ganking, but this is in and of itself false, as evident by not only my own thoughts on the matter, but those of others as well. It's ridiculous to speak on the behalf of an entire player-base, and then turn around to say "What's the data on that?" when someone provides contradictory examples to your own sweeping generalization. The demand is entirely egocentric.

To summarize, the proposition is to completely remove an aspect of the game that frustrates you, personally. This while vilifying the opposition as cruel maliciousness, and without compromising on your own desire to gank people at will. Because what do you think surprise world PvP is, exactly? Ganking isn't just a high level against a low level, and anyone with a solid understanding of PvP mechanics should also understand the validity of that point. To be quite blunt, so much of this thread is just gamer entitlement at its worst.
    Last edited by Anonymous1038853; 2013-04-20 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I know, it's a PvP server. And I want to play on a PvP server. But I see no sense in having high level characters be able to kill lower level characters. Nobody plays on a PvP server because he wants to be killed by a level 90 player at level 30. People play on a PvP server to do compelling world PvP, and that isn't the case when a level 90 character ganks low level characters. There is not a single good thing this brings and taking away the ability to attack players that are, let's say, more than 5-10 levels below you would not cause any harm to PvP servers.
    Just the fact that you are bothered by the fact that someone of higher level is ganking you has just given that guy sadisfaction and incentive to continue ganking low level players in the future.

If you really want that to "change the world" then discourage that behaviour by NOT GIVING A DAM so that they get bored quick and move on.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Not everyone is equal in the Warcraft universe thats why. Everyone should experience the joy of killing lowbies.

*raises glass filled with lowbie tears*
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, it's a PvP server. And I want to play on a PvP server. But I see no sense in having high level characters be able to kill lower level characters. Nobody plays on a PvP server because he wants to be killed by a level 90 player at level 30. People play on a PvP server to do compelling world PvP, and that isn't the case when a level 90 character ganks low level characters. There is not a single good thing this brings and taking away the ability to attack players that are, let's say, more than 5-10 levels below you would not cause any harm to PvP servers.
    Only thing you can do is to either be sneaky and adapt to the situation, or log onto your main and kill the ganker. The latter is what I usually do when I'm being ganked continiously after I've already tried being sneaky.

Sometimes it's actually quite fun to play the cat and mouse game with a lvl 90/any higher level. Being able to outplay them while having 1000x less hp, abilities and damage gives me quite a rewarding feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I think Blizzard needs to pick up GW2 zone scaling situation.

At least this way a legit level 40 player could still kill a level 90 scaled down. Because we all know that 99% of the people that gank lowbies have absolutely no skill in PvP whatsoever. If they did, they wouldn't be out ganking players many levels lower than them.

The world on a PvP server is supposed to be a potentially dangerous environment. You get killed? Deal with it, move one. You get killed again? Ask somebody to help you or log on to your main character and show them who's in charge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    The world on a PvP server is supposed to be a potentially dangerous environment. You get killed? Deal with it, move one. You get killed again? Ask somebody to help you or log on to your main character and show them who's in charge.
    This guy hits the nail on the head.....a pvp server is meant to have added danger, your meant to fear high level players your not meant to feel `safe` at all times if you want that kind of environment get your ass over to carebear land ie pve and stop trying to dictate to the rest of us how to play the game.

Im leveling at the moment a druid....guess what? ive been ganked a few times! do I cry about it? no! because its expected and ive done it myself on my main.

If your that emotionally affected by someone killing you in a video game you have mental issues anyway.

I'm a carebear player. I just want to get my leveling done and over with, without having to deal with other people further complicating the chore-like process of getting 1-90. I have alts on PVP servers, and I usually play with friends when I go out questing for the sake of the experience. High level gankers exist, and while dying numerous times isn't exactly fun, the frustration over time becomes challenge and it's just something you have to deal with. I get ganked, and do my fair share of ganking.

I think it's naive to bring up the subject of PVP level imbalance now when it's been a part of the game since forever, and is working as intended. This is the nature of the PVP environment. If you didn't sign up for it, then that's your misunderstanding of what you thought PVP realms are about. It's not about fairness and balance, it's about a constant threat of being ganked any time.

Deleted
    Well, you say ''Nobody plays on a PvP server because he wants to be killed by a level 90 player at level 30. People play on a PvP server to do compelling world PvP'' but the problem is that many people play on pvp servers exacly so they can gank low levels that don't stand a chance, not to do compelling world pvp, otherwise there wouldn't be people doing this to you, and if blizzard made it so high levels can't attack low levels all of these players would cry about it so blizzard won't do it when they can just say ''that's what pvp servers are for, pvp, if you don't like it play on a pve server''.

It has been that way and rightly so for 6-7 years. It won't change now. If it changes, it will stop being WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people making out like they get ganked every 30 seconds... I swear people just rage when they get ganked once. I leveled my Monk from 1-70 not long ago and i got ganked a total of TWO! times and i quested the whole way. I also would have only seen 10/20 90s the whole time.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    It has been that way and rightly so for 6-7 years. It won't change now. If it changes, it will stop being WoW.
    WoW has changed alot since vanila, I guess it's not WoW anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    People gank they have nothing better to do or they think it's amusing. I may not have played WoW in 8 months, give or take, but I'm fairly certain that you can roll a character on a PvE server that has a nifty little gadget that lets you turn on PvP, letting you avoid this kind of situation.

No changes are made to this because of the fact that being ganked is one of the most preventable things in the game, and you have to be a special kind of stupid to whine about it to this detail. Being upset about being ganked is fine, whining about it and demanding it to be changed because you're too lazy to go to a PvE server... not so ok.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-04-21 at 09:54 AM.

Back when I was on a PvP server during vanilla, TBC and Wrath, I thought the threat of high level players finding you and killing you was part of the fun while leveling... Sure, I got ganked at times, but that just made it more challenging to get away/organize a counter in /1. To me, it was all part of the experience. And even in the bustle of vanilla and TBC, it did not happen all that often. So the people who rage over getting ganked all the time either have very bad luck, are terrible at getting away/countering, or are just exaggerating the experience because they got mad.

I don't gank low levels ever, even if they're being cheeky and attacking me. That said, the people in this thread comparing ganking on a PVP server in a game that's all about war and conflict to bullies and bullying in real life are the saddest and most pathetic people I've ever come across. Please stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it part of a PvP server? Because it's possible. Because that's the rule on that type of server. But the question is, why is this possible. Is there some kind of universal rulebook that tells us that on servers that are called PvP they should encourage and allow griefing? You can do PvP on PvE servers, and even on PvP servers there are zones where you can't, or where there are guards that punish players-
    In case you still don't grasp what the bolded and underlined term means, here goes; PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
    No where, at no time in the games history.., EVER, have it been labelled Player versus appropriate level Player!

To the people who kill lower level characters, it probably brings a laugh and is not considered grieving.., who are you to tell them how to play their game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Back when I was on a PvP server during vanilla, TBC and Wrath, I thought the threat of high level players finding you and killing you was part of the fun while leveling... Sure, I got ganked at times, but that just made it more challenging to get away/organize a counter in /1. To me, it was all part of the experience. And even in the bustle of vanilla and TBC, it did not happen all that often. So the people who rage over getting ganked all the time either have very bad luck, are terrible at getting away/countering, or are just exaggerating the experience because they got mad.
    And this often also lead to the massive world pvp events a'la South Shore / Tauren Mill.., I guess it's a hard concept to deal with in today's 100% anti-social fast food game..
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-04-21 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I don't gank low levels ever, even if they're being cheeky and attacking me. That said, the people in this thread comparing ganking on a PVP server in a game that's all about war and conflict to bullies and bullying in real life are the saddest and most pathetic people I've ever come across. Please stop.
    Good point!

But the thing with stupid people who enjoy bullying is that they dont see whats wrong with it, they will continue to argue there's nothing wrong with what theyre doing just like we've seen from people in this thread.

I'm going to fly down to STV and kill lowbies until I have to start cooking dinner, this thread has shown me how much sniveling idiots will whine about it and it pleases me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    I'm going to fly down to STV and kill lowbies until I have to start cooking dinner, this thread has shown me how much sniveling idiots will whine about it and it pleases me.
    See i have nothing against ganking its part of the game... But don't you get bored doing that? They can't even fight back where is the entertainment in that? I don't view gankers as assholes or anything but i view them as boring people because there is ZERO fun in oneshotting level 30s. And to do that for hours you would have to be a boring person.
    Aye mate