Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belsebob View Post
    Greetings there, I'm looking for a new MMO to play, I've played WoW since vanilla and are now burned out.

What I look for is a MMO with a strong playerbase and active players!

I'm not looking for games equally to LoL etc.

Do someone out there got any suggestions on some MMOs who got an active playerbase worthwhile to check out?

Thanks!
    Tera - especially if you've never done an Action Combat MMO
    Rift

For fun,
    Planetside 2 - for something completely different but worth playing at least once.
    Guild Wars 2 - just don't blame us if you get bored within a week... It's hit/miss for different people and it still meets your requirements.

would need more specifics about your interests for an mmo in order to recommend one. Otherwise people can just give you a list of a 100 mmos out there.

Greetings there, I'm looking for a new MMO to play, I've played WoW since vanilla and are now burned out.

What I look for is a MMO with a strong playerbase and active players!

I'm not looking for games equally to LoL etc.

Do someone out there got any suggestions on some MMOs who got an active playerbase worthwhile to check out?

Thanks!
    I would personally buy GW2, that game should keep you busy undtil something new comes like Wildstar which looks very promising and ESO and the like.

If you want a f2p game there is Tera, SWTOR (Pretty bad F2P model tho), Planetside 2 (FPS MMO), and some more which i can't remember. I wont recommend Rift since i recently tried to play the game, and i find the leveling absolutely horrible, but if you are okay with it, i herd that the endgame is very good.

What I did say, The MMO i'm looking for just has to have many active players, an strong playerbase, See folks around every corner you go around, thats what I want. Genre doesnt matter, as long as it aint something like LoL or Diablo.

What I did say, The MMO i'm looking for just has to have many active players, an strong playerbase, See folks around every corner you go around, thats what I want. Genre doesnt matter, as long as it aint something like LoL or Diablo.
    That's just about every MMO currently active except warhammer online.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That's just about every MMO currently active except warhammer online.
    Indeed. I could just post the mmorpg list from mmorpg.com and say have at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh, no. This entire paragraph is full of not good.

Here is the thing, make sure you like ARPGs first before investing in any ARPG.

If you have to ask what ARPGs are, then Path of Exile is definitely not the game for you to even a small degree. Don't misunderstand, Path of Exile is currently [with the exception of Diablo 2] the finest designed ARPG of all time.

Path of Exile is most definitely not casual friendly or "new to the genre" friendly at all. In fact, the game is designed intentionally to not be so. By design. By design the developers made a purposefully difficult, obtuse, high grind, high commitment game. That was their intention and they nailed it pretty much dead on.

If you are new to ARPGs and don't yet know if you like the genre long ter; Torchlight 2.

Firstly, Torchlight 2 is just a mere $20. Often cheaper as the games is on sale often for $10. I believe it is cheaper still for multiple copies.

Secondly, Torchlight 2 is a very simplistic ARPG that gives you the basics of what the genre is about in essence. So one would likely walk away with a firem idea of what other ARPGs are like in basic gameplay; point & click, loot farm, never-ending.

Diablo 3 is $60 and little lengthier than TL2. In cost efficiency here TL2 is a better bet for a newish person.
    I think you misunderstood.. i mean, I want a "casual mmo" I.m good at games, any game I put my mind to, I'll do well. By "casual" I mean a game where I font have to commit, do raids for gear, have to be in a guild etc. I play every game on hardest settings, got my 1000/1000 on Dark Souls and the rest. I am from the Baldur Gate era

By casual, I mean an mmo I can hop in and out without fear of being out geared if I don't log on for a few days, or a week.
    Last edited by mmocee3513510f; 2013-04-19 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis12 View Post
    By casual, I mean an mmo I can hop in and out without fear of being out geared if I don't log on for a few days, or a week.
    That would be GW2.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I think you misunderstood.. i mean, I want a "casual mmo" I.m good at games, any game I put my mind to, I'll do well. By "casual" I mean a game where I font have to commit, do raids for gear, have to be in a guild etc. I play every game on hardest settings, got my 1000/1000 on Dark Souls and the rest. I am from the Baldur Gate era

Casual has nothing to do with difficulty. Casual/hardcore are measures of commitment. Your reply is illogical.

Also ARPGs are not MMOs. POE, TL2 and Diablo 3 are ARPGs.

Guild Wars 2 is an MMO.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... are there any casual yet difficult MMOs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Eh... are there any casual yet difficult MMOs?
    World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 1 come to mind.

Outside of the leveling content, the bimodal endgame of WoW seems sufficiently difficult compared to many competing MMOs. The only endgame of a modern MMO that is on par is Rift. Which is not particularly casual in it's endgame structure.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Yea I'm looking for a new one myself bored out of my mind recently, currently waiting on Wildstar and FFARR/Blade & Soul to come out. Recently got a new comp and got nothing to play on it besides WoW and all i have there is to do raids. Don't feel like lvling any alts because guild needs me to tank, been tanking for the past 7 1/2 years on various games. Played Swtor/EQ 1 and 2/Rift/DC Universe/Age of Wushu/Mabinogi/Defiance/Tribes Ascend/Crystal Saga/Allods Online/Scarlet Blade/Aion/Tera/Vindictus
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Casual has nothing to do with difficulty. Casual/hardcore are measures of commitment. Your reply is illogical.

Also ARPGs are not MMOs. POE, TL2 and Diablo 3 are ARPGs.

Guild Wars 2 is an MMO.
    Re read what you wrote, I was replying to what were you saying about me and path of exile.

I've read a few of your posts, you have a way with your words.. Which comes across as a mix of condescending and arrogance.. Then I seen you were a moderator. Chill out friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yea I'm looking for a new one myself bored out of my mind recently, currently waiting on Wildstar and FFARR/Blade & Soul to come out. Recently got a new comp and got nothing to play on it besides WoW and all i have there is to do raids.
    The Secret World is pretty darn good. It's more like a Co-OP RPG than MMO; very story driven, very cerebral. It's a really interesting game with interesting systems.

B2P, so no sub fee. Buy once, play forever. $40 on Greenmangaming.

Even if you don't stick with the full endgame raiding of TSW, the story progression and game systems are well wroth the $40 value.

If you haven't tried it, natch.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Yea i've tried TSW didnt really click with me but my brother loved it.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Re read what you wrote, I was replying to what were you saying about me and path of exile.

I've read a few of your posts, you have a way with your words.. Which comes across as a mix of condescending and arrogance.. Then I seen you were a moderator. Chill out friend.
    Whoa, whoa. Apologies if that post read as condescending. Fencers is not cuddly.

"I never played Diablo before" <- that is problematic when it comes to a quintessential gaming series. As Diablo has come to define the ARPG genre in total.

Ergo: If one is new to ARPGs [which you stated] and interested in a casual play experience [which you stated] the worst possible choice would be a game designed to not service either casual or new players to the genre. I.E. Path of Exile.

POE is intended to be both obtuse and time consuming. Fantastic game- if one have the time to sink into the game.

Which it seemed you did not/do not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yea i've tried TSW didnt really click with me but my brother loved it.
    Seems like a wide cross section of MMOs there then. Maybe you just should play another genre for a while if nothing tickles your fancy.

I do that sometimes "between MMO content" cycles.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    POE is intended to be both obtuse and time consuming. Fantastic game- if one have the time to sink into the game.

Which it seemed you did not/do not want.
    I'd recommend Torchlight 2 first, if you like it then go PoE

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a game that has awesome PvP in it. I have been playing Rift since launch and did a lot of PvP in Rift, but lately it's been super crap and nowhere near as good as what it once was, so i'm looking to situate my time and money elsewhere.

I used to play Diablo 2 for about 7 years (and counting) and did a lot of PVP in that game, which by far had the best PVP (in my opinion) - so if there's any games out there that function the same i'd love to hear about them.

I don't mind PvE also, and I can do both.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottes View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a game that has awesome PvP in it. I have been playing Rift since launch and did a lot of PvP in Rift, but lately it's been super crap and nowhere near as good as what it once was, so i'm looking to situate my time and money elsewhere.

I used to play Diablo 2 for about 7 years (and counting) and did a lot of PVP in that game, which by far had the best PVP (in my opinion) - so if there's any games out there that function the same i'd love to hear about them.

I don't mind PvE also, and I can do both.

Thanks.
    So you are looking for a game with pvp elements and/or pve elements, a few comes to mind...

I would recomend dark souls it's a grate game with lore that needs to be discovered and won't be showed down your throat.
    there is also a pvp aspect to the game which is quite different from what most players is used to i guess. You basically invade other players games in the form of a phantom. You can also summon other people into your game and have them help you with bosses etc. Be warned though, the PC port is bad and I would recomend playing the game with a gamepad.

I'm old. Not retired-old, but old enough that my reflexes aren't supersharp.

I love WoW, but the thought of gearing up another alt has me thinking of dropping my subscription, and I'm mostly just signing on three times a week to raid these days. So I need something to fill up my other hours.

I hate pvp, because I suck at it. Too much randomness, too many things to pay attention to.

I think I'd like to try another MMO. I tried SWTOR but it was buggy on my machine, animations felt horrible, and I never found a server community I liked. I tried Guild Wars but combat was too fast-paced and the cutscenes and voice acting bugged the heck out of me. I tried Rift and thought that the talent trees were bloated and wasn't comfortable with tanking. I tried and enjoyed LOTRO, but the climb up to endgame content seems very steep and it seems very alt-unfriendly. EVE just wasn't fun for me.

If I enjoyo an MMO, or even a single player game, I like to spend a lot of time not in the game reading the wikis and the forums. I like to think that even though the folks on my raid team are faster than me, I make up the difference by preparation. I'm the sort of person who will file detailed bug reports so I would probably be a decent beta candidate. I don't mind a buggy beta so long as the bugs I report show signs of being fixed. Occasionally.

I really do not like shooters. Slow reflexes make me quite bad at them.

So, is there a game out there for me?