Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Secrets of Ragefire Scenario, Blossoming Ancient Pet, Blue Tweets, News Recap

MrMonstrosity's 1.0.9 Suggestions, Community Commentary: Video Guides by ChromeOnRust, Fan Creation of the Week: The Art of Samo Kramberger

Patch 5.3 - The Secrets of Ragefire Scenario
    Today we take a look at one of the shorter scenarios added in Patch 5.3, The Secrets of Ragefire. The Gob Squad has tracked the people that disappeared from Durotar to Ragefire Caverns, a supposedly abandoned section of Ragefire. After blowing open the door, you will find a large cavern filled with Kor'kron that are hostile.

The first miniboss you fight is Dark Shaman Xorenth, presumably related to the low level friendly quest NPC Invoker Xorenth. The Gob Squad warns him that Goblins are not his enemy, and he responds by calling them a lesser race.

After disposing of Xorenth, you look through piles of things around the cavern, such as discarded artifacts from the digsite in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Another set of crates contains Kor'kron weapons and supplies, with the text "From the look of things, Garrosh is planning an invasion". The third thing you come across is Proto-drake eggs, causing one of the goblins to suggest that Garrosh may be working with the Dragonmaw.

Upon noticing a large door on the other side of the cavern, Ticker produces a Mantid bomb, which you collect parts to help and modify (including a pony). Unfortunately the bomb has no effect on the door, only inuring the other members of the Gob Squad. More Kor'Kron attack while the remaining members of the Gob Squad build a teleporter to escape and tell Vol'jin what you have seen.

Patch 5.3 - Blossoming Ancient Pet
    The Blossoming Ancient pet coming in Patch 5.3 will change models with the seasons. It will be purchased from the Blizzard Store.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    any ideas on making casters actually go oom aside from healers? Atm only spriests do. Mages stay full mana
    Arcane can run OOM, which is by design. Other casters are not intended to. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Are you happy with Death Knight's Rune enchanting?
    No. We've had long-term plans to revisit it. (Source)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    can you elaborate on the reason for the feral buffs? (or point to somewhere they've been discussed)
    We thought their sustained DPS was a little low. (Source)

No changes to resto Druids? like we do need some changes cant just forsake us because a new class for the same niche is out
    We don't make changes to every spec for the sake of it. Many players focus way too much on number of patch notes per class. (Source)
    However, having said that, we did make some Resto druid changes just today. You'll see them soon. As ever, nothing is final in 5.3. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Any info on the Wild Quiver data mine? Curious as to if it's a tool tip fix or a hint at something new.
    Just a bug fix to make the effect use the correct weapon. (Source)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    the TeB change on MMO champ has left the entire monk community in confusion.. care to elaborate? nerf? buff? confused.
    Bug fix. All of that is to prevent monks from benefiting from mastery before level 80 (when they don't have mastery). (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Holy Paladin T15 4pc is incredibly weak, a 20% bonus on something that makes up 5% of our healing? Offset pieces are better.
    5% from Beacon? That seems low to me. 10%+ is more typical. (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Any plans for holy priests 5.3 (chakra rework maybe?) if not any future plans? Would love to see some changes soon.
    Not for 5.3. Long term we'd like to keep the idea of Chakra but make it easier to use and more fun. (Source)

Are you really nerfing Smite by a flat 20% with the glyph change? It's already the weakest spell in Atonement by far... ugh.
    Atonement is really overpowered. We're trying to nerf it without removing all of its fun. (Source)

It might just be a tool-tip change. If not, why nerf the damage of Penance? Disc damage in PvP is already garbage.
    We want to make sure healing someone with Penance heals more than Atonement DPS with Penance. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    As I read the 5.3 patch notes, once you activate Fire & Brimstone you have to exhaust your embers to turn it off. Correct?
    It will auto turn off, but you can also click off the buff or just click the spell again to toggle it off. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    So when is the minimum range for Heroic Leap going to go away?
    It's not. That would be more of a Heroic Hop. (Source)

Why the change to Enraged Regen for Warriors? I'm not a fan of it myself.
    Curious as to why. Overall, the feedback was that having to cache rage for an emergency button was hard to use. (Source)

Character
    You dislike the idea of account-wide gear. Is that why its taking so long for cross realm BoAs?
    I dislike shifting lots of gear to be BoA. I like existing BoA gear being easy to transfer to all your characters. (Source)

Well since you seem to like to deflect your failures in MoP, lets ask why everything in WoW is still BoP. Make stuff BoE.
    There is a big risk there of making the AH the best way to gear. Another recent game had this problem. (Source)
    I'd love it if bop items that haven't been equipped could be mailed between chars and only locked if equipped
    We dabble with that, but it ultimately means your hunter gets all geared up without you ever having to actually play them. (Source)

Do you think that all players are able to play 12 hours a day to get a better gear ? I don't have so much time.
    You can make progress at whatever rate you are comfortable playing. You just won't make the fastest progress. (Source)

Could you explain why we can't use legendary meta in upgraded 504 helms? It seems a little silly.
    The intent was always for Throne of Thunder helms. Apologies that we did not communicate that intent well. (Source)

I have almost never tweeted. Please never allow this. No one will have anything but legendaries. Be more creative.
    To devil's advocate, players might also get sick of them if everyone has them. The same happened to paly T2. (Source)

Have you discussed maybe making thunderforged items not upgradeable? You could make non tfed gear turn into tfed after upgrade
    The main goal with Tforged was to keep those earlier bosses still feel exciting. If Tforge was just Valor savings not sure. (Source)

I have a reputation on my realm. (community) Thats useless in LFR. (anti social concept)
    Agree that LFR is an anti-social concept. To be fair, that's not it's goal though and the benefits far outweigh that cost. (Source)
    But we realize we have some work to do to get the social elements back into the game. Cutting LFR just isn't among our options. (Source)

wow needs a decent guildfinder tool. XRealm and Armory linked either through the website or in game (or both)
    Yeah, we agree. (Source)

community in wow has severely degraded with lfd/r. could they at least try to prioritize same realm groups?
    They do. It's just a compromise to avoid players having excessively long queue times. (Source)

Loot is a bonus to raiding. A community is a must have for an MMO. Otherwise we have only LFR/LFG, no guilds.
    My personal conviction is you will have more fun playing WoW with friends. Solo LFR is for when that isn't feasible. (Source)

There's currently a bug with rppm trinkets which let's you guarantee a proc on pull if you don't release after wipe, Fix inc?
    You'll get a proc pretty quickly regardless - should be within seconds, just not necessarily the very first hit. (Source)

PPM bad-streak protection, does it suggest a 5 min break between pulls is optimal? It promotes boring gameplay if so.
    If you are out of combat for even a minute, you should get the hit on one of your first few attacks. (Source)
    This is true for fast trinkets like the 3.3 RPPM Agi ones, but a UVLS user has to wait many minutes for the bonus.
    Should only be true of your very first attack. It will still proc in the first few seconds. (Source)

at the bmah i see a lot of brawler guild invites noone bids for. Is it probably not as successfull as you planned?
    I think we're at the point where most players who wanted invites have them now. (Source)

Weekly News Recap
    Lots of news this week, so here is your chance to catch up if you missed a day of news:

Gargoyles: Ji-Kun Kill Video
    Another nice intro from Fifth Element!

Is anyone else getting an issue lately with some ad blocking the top right corner of a post?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a big risk there of making the AH the best way to gear. Another recent game had this problem.
    A comment about applying a coolant to tissue damage caused by heat is probably required here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    There is a big risk there of making the AH the best way to gear. Another recent game had this problem.
    A comment about applying a coolant to tissue damage caused by heat is probably required here.

I commend him for even referencing their past blunders. (He is talking about D3, right?)

15+ Year Old Account
    There's currently a bug with rppm trinkets which let's you guarantee a proc on pull if you don't release after wipe, Fix inc?
    You'll get a proc pretty quickly regardless - should be within seconds, just not necessarily the very first hit. (Source)
    As if lazy people needed more of an excuse to never run back after a wipe :P

Deleted
    Man man man what's the genre of this song? Celtic folklor metal?

Good that GC and Blizz at least recognise what many people have been telling them for years: that LFR/D have a very negative impact on realm community and the social experience.

I joined a LFR tonight on Lei Shen. I was polite, friendly and keen to learn the tactics, and even cracked a few jokes. The responses I got you would think no one had seen a friendly player before. (Literally several whispers and some /instance comments...) Perhaps that just highlights the very negative social experience people expect from these environments. Its a shame, because half of them may never experience the funship and comradeship of proper guild raiding. I don't propose removing LFR, but be interested in seeing what Blizzard suggests.

Loot is a bonus to raiding? I think not. Which of you can 100% honestly say that you would still raid weekly if there was no reward?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    which song?

EDIT: Nvm, it's from Fairy Tail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feazzptg0ms
    Last edited by bohapjut; 2013-04-21 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feazzptg0ms

Main theme of an anime called Fairy Tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.

And invented the fantasy genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not many people know that Tolkien was born just outside Goldshire, and EverQuest was originally a bugged quest line from Mankirk's wife that required you to go in endless loops up and down the Barrens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Good that GC and Blizz at least recognise what many people have been telling them for years: that LFR/D have a very negative impact on realm community and the social experience.
    This is another of "if pigs had wings" things. If all people were nice and friendly and wouldn't have the tendency to auto-segregate themselves from others, then realm communities would work. Problem is, most people don't behave that way on the Internet when their number reaches a certain critical mass. Which WoW crossed long ago.

I joined a LFR tonight on Lei Shen. I was polite, friendly and keen to learn the tactics, and even cracked a few jokes. The responses I got you would think no one had seen a friendly player before. (Literally several whispers and some /instance comments...) Perhaps that just highlights the very negative social experience people expect from these environments. Its a shame, because half of them may never experience the funship and comradeship of proper guild raiding.
    Yes, I saw that happened as well. We got a friendly tank once in LFR and people were like "omg, a friendly player". Alas, basic psychology has that people will remember negative experiences more than positive ones.

I don't propose removing LFR, but be interested in seeing what Blizzard suggests.
    "That's a verrrry good question, cadet" (c)
    Frankly, there is not much that can be done in a massively multiplayer game to make people not behave like a-holes. Heck, other games have the same issue, people will insult each other for nothing and all the rest of it, just because they can.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    It actually exists and there's a lot of good music out there.
    Folk / Celtic / Viking / Pagan / etc. - Metal

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeNicotine View Post
    Loot is a bonus to raiding? I think not. Which of you can 100% honestly say that you would still raid weekly if there was no reward?
    I stopped playing right after christmas because there was no reward. No lie, 4 weeks in a row of not a single raid drop in LFR or normal modes. Got sick of grinding dailies and raiding with no rewards. Longest I've been without WoW in 5 years.

P.S. Neverwinter is effing awesome!!!
    P.S.2 So is Planetside 2!!!

Dat fairy tail intro. <3 <3 <3

Thanks for linking our Fifth Element video! It's always super cool to see our videos on Mmo-Champion.

Oh hey look, more Horde lore.

It's called "Fairy Tail Main Theme" from the Fairy Tail anime. It's pretty amazing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool new pet ... From Blizzard store. Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Cool new pet ... From Blizzard store. Of course.
    Beats having it be from TCG. I'd rather shell out a few pound than pay an arm and a leg trying to get it via packs of cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will the blossoming ancient have different abilites which vary from season to season? For example in winter he has a blizzard which damages but in spring that changes to a heal?