Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nice job on finding this, it used be much more efficient than it is now back before mop.

giving this a try with my rogue for boredom purposes

Sorry for nubbing it up, but the HoT he is casting on himself that is healing him like crazy, what is that? 12-20k a tick?

not worth it anymore, blizzard broke low lvl pvp twinking by making gear and stats scaling
    was using this and price dropped down from average 150g to 30g when this fucking pvp change went live, now it's just a waste of time running those dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    not worth it anymore, blizzard broke low lvl pvp twinking by making gear and stats scaling
    was using this and price dropped down from average 150g to 30g when this fucking pvp change went live, now it's just a waste of time running those dungeons
    well then your server is unlucky. on defias horde they still go for 250g each

Deleted
    IIRC they are adding a vendor to Hyjal and Vashj with cataclysm grade starter items, just like they have vendors with green gear in Pandaria to catch you up across gigantic ilvl and stat gaps, easening questing.

I farm in cata content a lot, mostly cloth (which i turn to greens and DE - 300 gold per stack dust), tiny treasure chests, dropped greens themselves and 1500 vendored/looted gold per hour on top of that.

Deleted
    afaik you get the opportunity to buy items with the appropriate ilvl from special merchants in Cata when 5.3 hits live servers, much like they did that with Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    afaik you get the opportunity to buy items with the appropriate ilvl from special merchants in Cata when 5.3 hits live servers, much like they did that with Pandaria.
    And it's totally not worth it the ilvl from those items is the same gear you get for a 80 dinged scroll character. I think 252/255.

Easy run, just wondering what you do once your finished? Did you set your hearth nearby or run all the way back out and reset?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

You guys with good realms are lucky. There's little to no twink market in ANY bracket on my server. However, thankfully the dusts and essences will be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    And it's totally not worth it the ilvl from those items is the same gear you get for a 80 dinged scroll character. I think 252/255.
    I think SoR gives you 232 ilvl. It will be good for people who want to make the ilvl for Cata dungeons which is the only reason I use lvl 80 crafted gear. Its usually in the bags anyway since BoAs give +xp and you dont need 226 ilvl to do BRC or Throne.

Did 6 runs, sold about 5 pieces (out of about 35) for 150g each, make more farming straight cloth in deepholm, but it could be a viable alternative. We shall see how many sell by the time the auctions are over.

It’s a good market for those in large to medium sized populations. People seem to want those greens to speed through the level 75-80 zones and go into the Cata zones all geared up. If you have a crafting profession that allows you to make gear this is also the best selling gear to make along with Panda gear that can be worn by a level 85. I can attest it really does accelerate leveling from 78-87 especially since your heirlooms start to run out of gas at level 80.

As far as greens to craft the Panda gear that can be worn by a level 85 sells even better as all heirlooms have run out of gas at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Did 6 runs, sold about 5 pieces (out of about 35) for 150g each, make more farming straight cloth in deepholm, but it could be a viable alternative. We shall see how many sell by the time the auctions are over.
    Last edited by BillyG; 2013-04-22 at 07:24 PM.

Out of about 35 pieces picked up, maybe 8 sold for roughly 150g each. I also did an hour of farming deepholm with my tailor/enchanter and made 1200 cloth and around 20 greens, along with 600g in coin/trash. Overall, farming deepholm with pot of treasure finding is more profitable. Potential gold gain < actual gold gain. I guess it is possible to make a ton of gold farming blackrock, but it requires you to be able to actually sell all the greens. Greens are an iffy market, cloth/dust/bags is more profitable for me (YMMV).

Cheeers.

Chinese gold sellers are farming this items with bots and flooding the AH with them from a few months.
    Last edited by Adlian; 2013-04-23 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Easy run, just wondering what you do once your finished? Did you set your hearth nearby or run all the way back out and reset?
    Ran back & reset

deepholm with treasure finding pots is vastly better, barring you having a lot of opposing faction there via CRZ.

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing, appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Chinese gold sellers are farming this items with bots and flooding the AH with them from a few months.
    Ya i have noticed that on some servers too

Ok, so this is why my market has been flooded with Cata Greens! I have been buying and selling lvl 77-79 Cata greens for a long time now and have made a good steady income from it. As someone previously mentioned; the market has significantly slowed after MoP release - but there is still a market there. I personally do a lot of pvp (battlegrounds) and players in the 75-79 range hunger for this type of gear and are willing to pay for it.

Here's the thing though; I have find-tuned what I sell and how much I sell it for. Even with these new sellers on my realm dumping stacks of greens on the ah I'm still able to make gold. I don't personally farm, I just buy low, sell high. I don't sell weapons as the market is constantly flooded with them. I also find Plate sells well and Mail doesn't. You will need to use trial and error to meet the demand of your particular realm - but it isn't a case of simply dumping them on ah and crossing your fingers as you will find your listing costs will exceed sales very quickly.

Anyway, I didn't want to give to much away as I prefer to keep my knowledge to myself - I have seen many sellers of cata greens come and go and when they come, my marketing strategy is to price them out. Many people don't have the patience and due to over-listing just simply don't bother anymore. Having said that; I am respectful of the casual lister like myself who don't flood the market. This gold making technique is not a get rich quick scheme - you'll be disappointed and you will definitely not make 9,000g per hour - there simply isn't the demand for it. This is however, a good steady source of income if you have the patience.