15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, for me hitting 4.5 takes too much voltage, I can hit 4.4 without even trying that much so I just let it stay there. Though I have found a good oc guide, so maybe ill revisit it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    It's obviously after he was done calculating..
    Actually not! That was after about 10 minutes, 16 minutes before it was done.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    Actually not! That was after about 10 minutes, 16 minutes before it was done.
    Okay.. that's weird :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I decided to reinstall windows and wipe my drive after a numerous number of problems( java would not update, serive manager would not open, and many other windows related problems) So I decided to start anew, so if anyone know a good link or tips after reinstalling windows it would be nice. Also I am looking for a good windows ui, any one know where to find one? Deviant art has a few but all seem to be out of date.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what do you mean "good link or tips after reinstalling windows" o_O
    You've reinstalled windows, your problems should be fixed, not much more you can do other than regular maintenance (don't install random clutter, keep stuff updated, etc).
    Well, I suppose you can set windows updates to manual if you don't want to be driven mad with the sheer number of restarts in the first couple of days after reinstalling :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    You can disable UAC, that's my mandatory thing after a w7 reinstall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh christ, yeah I pretty much automatically disable UAC (second nature) so forgot to mention it :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    So, my case has two USB3 ports at the front, and a header which is supposed to be connected to the mobo.

Worked fine on my MSI Z77A-G43. Plugged it in the USB3 socket on mobo, done. Now that I'm using an ASRock Z77 Extreme4, it doesn't actually fit in the USB3 socket on the motherboard.

Any ideas? Are there different sizes? If so, converters? I'm a bit lost.

Wha..? Wh.. Why would you do that?
    UAC is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Wait what do you mean "good link or tips after reinstalling windows" o_O
    You've reinstalled windows, your problems should be fixed, not much more you can do other than regular maintenance (don't install random clutter, keep stuff updated, etc).
    Well, I suppose you can set windows updates to manual if you don't want to be driven mad with the sheer number of restarts in the first couple of days after reinstalling :P
    I set it to manual during the day and on fully automatic when I went to bed. I left my PC on over night the first three days, it installed and restarted the ~190 updates all by itself during that time and I didn't get annoyed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Wha..? Wh.. Why would you do that?
    UAC is awesome
    It pisses me off so much so that it's an auto-disable after a reinstall.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I decided to reinstall windows and wipe my drive after a numerous number of problems( java would not update, serive manager would not open, and many other windows related problems) So I decided to start anew, so if anyone know a good link or tips after reinstalling windows it would be nice. Also I am looking for a good windows ui, any one know where to find one? Deviant art has a few but all seem to be out of date.
    Download Rainmeter, there are a multitude of skins that you can use or you can customize your desktop yourself as you see fit.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Btw the Asus raidrog express ssd is reviewed -> http://be.hardware.info/reviews/4241...it-de-toekomst

Seems to be a major overpriced useless thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh, had something wierd happen to me today, so I cleaned my graphics card(it was real dirty) and somewhere in the process I bumped my ssd cable out so I put it back and rearange all my hd cables and I kept getting a blue screen, hopefully I tried to repair windows and it ended up working....I am pretty sure my computer lives on murphy's law..or maybe even hanlon's razor >.<.

So after cleaning my gpu...it did not decrease my temperature any...guh>.<, Anyone seen any results of vga coolers? Any one that was better then the stock cooler?(6950 if that is relevant) But at that point I might just want to buy a new gpu...I can never win, I guess 80c is safe for a graphics card for a full load, but I don't like it....
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-22 at 07:01 AM.

Deleted
    text
    What's the airflow like in your case? Is it getting fresh air to suck in?

Huh, had something wierd happen to me today, so I cleaned my graphics card(it was real dirty) and somewhere in the process I bumped my ssd cable out so I put it back and rearange all my hd cables and I kept getting a blue screen, hopefully I tried to repair windows and it ended up working....I am pretty sure my computer lives on murphy's law..or maybe even hanlon's razor >.<.

So after cleaning my gpu...it did not decrease my temperature any...guh>.<, Anyone seen any results of vga coolers? Any one that was better then the stock cooler?(6950 if that is relevant) But at that point I might just want to buy a new gpu...I can never win, I guess 80c is safe for a graphics card for a full load, but I don't like it....
    Did you put the SSD data cable in the same SATA port that it was plugged in to before getting knocked out?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Did you put the SSD data cable in the same SATA port that it was plugged in to before getting knocked out?
    Yeah, the connector to the ssd>sata is what messed up, not the one to the motherboard to the sata.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    What's the airflow like in your case? Is it getting fresh air to suck in?
    It's not the best, it could be better but it is pushing cool air out. I might just throw a fan onto my fancase opening door so then it will get fresh air. I think I might reapply my thermal paste also, if I can find it.

Well.
    I just noticed something I've never seen before, which is what I blame the worse result compared to Majestiiciciiiicii.
    I blame this for everything.

One of those random BSODs resetting the clock, I guess. Ohwell.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Well.
    I just noticed something I've never seen before, which is what I blame the worse result compared to Majestiiciciiiicii (umad).
    I blame this for everything.
    http://i.imgur.com/nxUTpbu.png

One of those random BSODs resetting the clock, I guess. Ohwell.
    So what were the results with 4.2ghz? Because i find it odd how my baseclock generates only 7.3 Windows Index. I know it's an arbitrary score, but i find it interesting how two of the same processors generate such different results.

Gotta admit though, i think this was with my old P7P55D with failing 1333mhz OCZ RAM. But i doubt it'll change much.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-04-23 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Etc
    7.3 Windows Index Score? That's better than mine: 5.9... because of the graphics card? What? Huh? IT'S TWO GTX 680s!