Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There's a lot of factors to consider, but the mindset of anyone successful can by summarised by
    "I don't suck and blame it on my class".

Quote Originally Posted by midgetsj View Post
    If you are just a good player most of the time you will outheal the other guildies on that alone. I rank on WoL on occasion but my other healers never do. If the other healers happen to be at an equal skill level well, you are not going to beat them. So just play the best you can, the goal is to down bosses not beat your teamates.
    I totally aggree this. If your healers not skilled other than resto shaman you will see the best shaman on meters. Shamans mastery work with this way.
    But your healers are good as his jobs then shamans does only filler and utility players.

Sorry for my english.

Deleted
    That goes for all healing classes though, if you play together with good healers then it will be less to heal overall which means no parses unless you underheal the fights. Which is also why you can't really judge and compare healers in different guilds based on how much hps they do.

top dps on heroic durumu? 1 of if not the best platform dps for ji-kun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    our resto shaman in 10 man normally tops meters..a good 90% of the time. no clue what hes doing but hes pretty damn good.
    In that case your healers sucks donky ass(much)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    In that case your healers sucks donky ass(much)
    Why does every1 think resto shamans are so bad? Sure we might need a buff for spread healing, sure we will never beat a paladin or disc priest. But we are still good at what we do, keeping people alive. And our cooldowns are so strong, when things go wrong or a we time our cooldowns right with the mechanics, we can keep up with any healer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really it's not about topping the meters. It's about healing well. It doesn't really matter if you're the top healer, especially with paladins being how they are right now, if you're out healing one of those you're probably wasting a lot of your heals. You provide some pretty good utility and you're a solid healing class, it doesn't help that my class (pally) is too strong right now.

Justify your raid spot by it being what you have fun with, and as long as you're competent it doesn't matter if your class isn't the best unless you're rushing for world firsts or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man perspective 4/12H: I stack a lot of spirit to act as a mana battery for our Disc Priest and Holy Pally. I am the source of Bloodlust in our raid. And I carry a strong DPS offspec since I am not optimal for 2 healing with those 2 here (though I CAN do it. Did H Horridon this week when H Pally was absent and did 152% of rank limit). I am also feast bitch for the raid so I have that going for me too. I am always there for raid and I don't die to mechanics. I think that justifies my spot quite well.

That said I'd love to see a buff for 10 man resto that doesn't affect pvp too much (since a 10 man buff would likely be a buff to single target throughput or to smart heals both of which could potentially unbalance pvp resto). My idea for it is to increase the duration of Healing Stream to 30 seconds. It will still get stomped in pvp and you won't see another in half a minute (unlike if say you reduced the cd to 15 seconds which would make it a more constant threat). And it would buff our smart healing portfolio which is typically the strongest part of our healing due to our lack of absorbs. We still wouldn't hang with absorb healers. Spread healing would still be an issue. But it would be a step in the right direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    How do you justify your spot as a resto shaman?
    I became raidleader.

Deleted
    Manatide. pls

Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    That goes for all healing classes though, if you play together with good healers then it will be less to heal overall which means no parses unless you underheal the fights. Which is also why you can't really judge and compare healers in different guilds based on how much hps they do.
    not true for holy paladins and disc priests. These two classes stop the damage from appearing on characters and have almost no limit in how much hps they can do above other good healers since other healers have to wait for their abilities to run out first.

Deleted
    To all the shaman who pop in there just saying "don't know what you're talking about, I always top the meters" : this was useless.
    If you top the meter, then the other healers in your raid are bad, or they're not trying hard enough. Period.

Me too, I always top the meters in LFR, even in anti-shaman fights. Is that a proof that shaman are the best healers and deserve their raid spot ?

But in my guild with good healers ? They always do 130 to 150% of my healing in ToT. I try not to look at the meter and just think about how I saved people with spot healing. I try to do other useful stuff with interrupts or totems. But if some night I'm tired, I can't do that auto-conviction anymore, and just feel like if I played a priest instead the boss would be dead already.

And when we don't have quite the dps to kill the boss, I'm the one that have to go dps, no matter how bad I'm at it.

@Manhands : ok in a 25-man fight, where MTT is very useful, HR often usable and you can focus on tank healing almost exclusively if your useless for raid healing. In a 10 man the only reason not to take another healer instead of a shaman would be the lack of other choice as a healer or as Bloodlust source.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahia View Post
    To all the shaman who pop in there just saying "don't know what you're talking about, I always top the meters" : this was useless.
    If you top the meter, then the other healers in your raid are bad, or they're not trying hard enough. Period.

Me too, I always top the meters in LFR, even in anti-shaman fights. Is that a proof that shaman are the best healers and deserve their raid spot ?

But in my guild with good healers ? They always do 130 to 150% of my healing in ToT. I try not to look at the meter and just think about how I saved people with spot healing. I try to do other useful stuff with interrupts or totems. But if some night I'm tired, I can't do that auto-conviction anymore, and just feel like if I played a priest instead the boss would be dead already.

And when we don't have quite the dps to kill the boss, I'm the one that have to go dps, no matter how bad I'm at it.

@Manhands : ok in a 25-man fight, where MTT is very useful, HR often usable and you can focus on tank healing almost exclusively if your useless for raid healing. In a 10 man the only reason not to take another healer instead of a shaman would be the lack of other choice as a healer or as Bloodlust source.
    And how do we know that your not just bad yourself xD? it goes both ways, getting beaten by 30-50% healing does seem like a very high amount which indicates that either you need to drop a healer, you are playing with a disc and a holy pally or you arent doing your maximum potential yourself

I'm actually considering switching my main from a Tank/dps DK to a Resto/Ele shaman for 5.4. Currently my raid is a bit melee heavy, so it's hard to justify my position especially considering all of the melee are phenomenal (myself included). I'm not exactly in any danger of being removed by any means - but I think I'd rather provide for the raid a little more, and shamans are what we're missing.

So - for justifications the way I see it...
    General:
    Healing Raid = Great AoE Healing
    Glyphed Chain heal = Moar AoE Healing
    Glyphed Riptide + earthliving = Amazing
    Earth Shield helps considerably for spiky damage from tanks
    Ancestral Vigor (the bonus armor thing) - I don't think there's any other class that provides this - Tank survivability increase that isn't counted in healing meters
    Searing totem = Moar DPS, every little bit helps
    Telluric Currents = Unlimited mana + DPS

Cooldowns:
    Fire elemental = Moar DPS
    Earth Elemental = oh crap moment, Great for holding adds to possibly save some DPS if a tank goes down.
    Heroism - In a 25-man, you've probably got 3-4 of them... But remember having extra heroisms means that if people die and are resurrected
    Mana tide totem = Mana - everyone loves mana
    Stormlash Totem = Moar DPS
    Spirit link totem = probably one of the most under-rated cooldowns, it is likely taken for granted.
    Reincarnation - Okay, sure a lot of people will be like... you shouldn't die and you're bad if you do. While this is true everyone knows that stuff happens. Shamans reincarnation does not count against the battle res's. This means that as a healer - you will be there.

The way I see it - A lot of what a shaman brings if properly used does not show up on healing meters.

Also - If you all haven't noticed in 5.3 there were some pretty important buffs:
    Chain Heal had a ~18% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Earthliving had a 20% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Healing Rain had a 20% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Healing Rain now costs 36.6% of Base Mana, down from 43.1%.

Quote Originally Posted by delyian View Post
    I'm actually considering switching my main from a Tank/dps DK to a Resto/Ele shaman for 5.4. Currently my raid is a bit melee heavy, so it's hard to justify my position especially considering all of the melee are phenomenal (myself included). I'm not exactly in any danger of being removed by any means - but I think I'd rather provide for the raid a little more, and shamans are what we're missing.

So - for justifications the way I see it...
    General:
    Healing Raid = Great AoE Healing
    Glyphed Chain heal = Moar AoE Healing
    Glyphed Riptide + earthliving = Amazing
    Earth Shield helps considerably for spiky damage from tanks
    Ancestral Vigor (the bonus armor thing) - I don't think there's any other class that provides this - Tank survivability increase that isn't counted in healing meters
    Searing totem = Moar DPS, every little bit helps
    Telluric Currents = Unlimited mana + DPS

Cooldowns:
    Fire elemental = Moar DPS
    Earth Elemental = oh crap moment, Great for holding adds to possibly save some DPS if a tank goes down.
    Heroism - In a 25-man, you've probably got 3-4 of them... But remember having extra heroisms means that if people die and are resurrected
    Mana tide totem = Mana - everyone loves mana
    Stormlash Totem = Moar DPS
    Spirit link totem = probably one of the most under-rated cooldowns, it is likely taken for granted.
    Reincarnation - Okay, sure a lot of people will be like... you shouldn't die and you're bad if you do. While this is true everyone knows that stuff happens. Shamans reincarnation does not count against the battle res's. This means that as a healer - you will be there.

The way I see it - A lot of what a shaman brings if properly used does not show up on healing meters.

Also - If you all haven't noticed in 5.3 there were some pretty important buffs:
    Chain Heal had a ~18% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Earthliving had a 20% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Healing Rain had a 20% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Healing Rain now costs 36.6% of Base Mana, down from 43.1%.
    its ok if people actually stand in it
    not more healing
    wat
    wrong
    doesnt exist, vigor increases max hp
    waste of mana
    you net about 1000 mana for 2+seconds of not healing

more useful for empower buff from primal elementalist
    see above, its not gonna taunt anything important
    lust (if needed) and mana tide only reason worth bringing shaman
    minimal damage gain
    limited by positioning quite a bit, flat damage reduction very weak, doesn't last long enough
    could do without ankh and not even notice it missing.

already live.

shaman are in a rough state atm dps and healing. mana tide is the real only saving grace, but if your healers can do without it almost always better to just bring another priest or paladin along if you have those options for healing or just bring in a pure class to dps as they do it much better. least they are buffing resto druids so now we are gonna be all alone on the bottom without some love from blizzard.

Shamans are the best emergency healers, due to their mastery and spirit link.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Isn't the point of a healer not to top the meters, but to make sure you're keeping people up, especially at key times in certain fights? I mean, you could easily top the meters, but, for example, when the time calls for big heals at a big moment or using key spells and certain times and you fail, well, topping the meters didn't mean a thing, right? IMO anyways. If you don't top the meters, stop worrying. Remember that some classes and specs aren't going to top the dps meters, no matter what. But, as long as they're trying hard and making sure to do the right things well when it matters, two thumbs up!
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-04-22 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    And how do we know that your not just bad yourself xD? it goes both ways, getting beaten by 30-50% healing does seem like a very high amount which indicates that either you need to drop a healer, you are playing with a disc and a holy pally or you arent doing your maximum potential yourself
    Unfortunately sometimes 3 healers is too much but 2 isn't quite enough. In most on our 2-healing attempts, no matter if we go pala-druid or druid-shaman, people die to bad combos or errors. Plus the additional dps doesn't bring quite enough damage to make it worth it. And we don't really want to force healers to go dps unless needed.
    But yeah, maybe I'm just bad (but I don't think I'm that bad). For sure I could gear for haste and try to snipe hots during low healing phases, I would look better on the healing meters...

15+ Year Old Account
    Cooldown usage and preparation.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=3563

Vixsin over at Life in Group 5 is very eloquent about this issue. Kudos to her.

But if you base your enjoyment of WoW on “winning” the balance game (being the OP class of the hour), then you have a mere 2.9% chance (11 classes, 3 specs ea. / 4 for druids) to “win” at a game you can’t control or even influence. And I don’t know about you, but I think those are pretty s&*t odds.
    Read the entire post, it's worth your time.

Note: censored word by me due to forum rules.