Thread: Justice Points?

Justice Points?

So i reached 90 recently, did alot of HCs and Scenarios to get JP, need alot for my transmog. Got alot of VP ofc and figured i'd trade it down to JP but turns out you cant? For whatever reason is that? OFC this should be possible, i thought it was a joke at first. Seriously wtf blizz?

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you are at the weekly/total cap, all VP you would have earned becomes JP.

In Cataclysm, there were still good epics you could get when a new tier came out for justice. Since there was no downgrade for currencies in Mists, there isn't much reason to downgrade valor for justice as the gear you can get for valor will always be better than what you can get for justice.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While i've come across the situation before where i've really wanted to trade some of my valor points for some justice, I think it's probably not in the game because it's very rare that that somebody would need it, and more likely then not it will confuse some newer players who don't fully understand the use of valor. You'd probably end up with people converting their valor to justice to buy the crappy justice gear rather than spending it on better valor gear.

Trading valor for justice is just not a good idea period. Blizzard is in no hurry to let you do something very inefficient and unintelligent with your currency. Item upgrades will be back very soon btw, and someone sitting on valor cap can fully upgrade 3 items instantly, 4 if you count that week's valor cap.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2013-04-23 at 04:27 AM. Reason: math is hard

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Once you are at the weekly/total cap, all VP you would have earned becomes JP.
    i really cba grinding to 3000 VP, especially since i have no use for VP since i dont do dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Trading valor for justice is just not a good idea period. Blizzard is in no hurry to let you do something very inefficient and unintelligent with your currency. Item upgrades will be back very soon btw, and someone sitting on valor cap can fully upgrade 6 items instantly, 8 if you count that week's valor cap.
    I was actually quite surprised in 4.0 when they changed to VP/JP and you couldn't down-convert. Back in Wrath you could trade in emblems of frost for emblems of triumph

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I was actually quite surprised in 4.0 when they changed to VP/JP and you couldn't down-convert. Back in Wrath you could trade in emblems of frost for emblems of triumph
    That's because you couldn't get Emblems of Hero/Valor anymore when Frost and Triumph were the currencies.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    i really cba grinding to 3000 VP, especially since i have no use for VP since i dont do dailies.
    You don't need to do dailies for the current Valor gear as long as you're doing ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    You don't need to do dailies for the current Valor gear as long as you're doing ToT.
    This i didn't know. Can you explain further.

Deleted
    This i didn't know. Can you explain further.
    Shado pan assualt reputation is gained by killing trash mobs (up til friendly) and raid bosses up to exalted.
    You buy 522 valor gear for that reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said weely/total, so it'd be more like 1000 vp. Even if you wanted to get the old valor gear, there's stuff you can get without doing any dailies that'll be worlds better than anything you can buy with justice. I mean unless you wanna be rocking 458s lol.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Shado pan assualt reputation is gained by killing trash mobs (up til friendly) and raid bosses up to exalted.
    You buy 522 valor gear for that reputation.
    so in other words im still required to grind rep -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    so in other words im still required to grind rep -.-
    Well, that's why I said "as long as you're doing ToT", because there's no grinding in that case. You'd be getting rep for doing something you were already doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Well, that's why I said "as long as you're doing ToT", because there's no grinding in that case. You'd be getting rep for doing something you were already doing.
    ah well i'm not doing ToT, dont have nearly high enough item level

Deleted
    Have you checked out the valor vendors in Nuizao Temple in Townlong Steppes? You might find that you can buy some pieces just based on the reputation you acquired while leveling. They did make some pieces available at honoured and doing all of Dread Wastes gets you close to revered with Klaxxi iirc.

You can buy a 522 neck while just neutral with the Shado-Pan Assault, but you probably know that already.

Would you like to do Looking for Raid? Or "proper" raiding even? Because doing some dailies is probably necessary if you do. The Shieldwall/Dominance offensive ones are the ones I would start on, as they unlock a story, and give 496 gear. Or do the Kirin Tor Offensive ones, as you'll end up getting elder charms you can use for second rolls on LFR loot drops.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Have you checked out the valor vendors in Nuizao Temple in Townlong Steppes? You might find that you can buy some pieces just based on the reputation you acquired while leveling. They did make some pieces available at honoured and doing all of Dread Wastes gets you close to revered with Klaxxi iirc.

You can buy a 522 neck while just neutral with the Shado-Pan Assault, but you probably know that already.

Would you like to do Looking for Raid? Or "proper" raiding even? Because doing some dailies is probably necessary if you do. The Shieldwall/Dominance offensive ones are the ones I would start on, as they unlock a story, and give 496 gear. Or do the Kirin Tor Offensive ones, as you'll end up getting elder charms you can use for second rolls on LFR loot drops.
    i leveled 86-90 from only pet battles :P

i leveled 86-90 from only pet battles :P
    So did I, fun stuff. Even with my main with the Golden Lotus 50% rep comm, my 90 priest has only 200/3000 neutral rep with Golden Lotus. I can't be bothered.