[Movies] Ratchet and Clank Movie announced: 2015 release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDDHd-reopY

There's even a teaser trailer!

"The vibrant world of Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank is set to come to the silver screen in early 2015. The movie's being made by Rainmaker Entertainment, the animation studio behind Escape From Planet Earth, and Blockade Entertainment. Primary production is already underway on the film, which will feature voice cast members from the game franchise, including James A. Taylor as Ratchet, David Kaye as Clank and Jim Ward as Qwark."

Seriously? Dubstep? Catering to those people? I guess they want to ruin it..

R&C already has a great soundtrack, stick with that style, don't ruin it with that crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

[Movies] Ratchet & Clank...the movie? My prayers has finally been answered!

Ratchet & Clank is going to have a movie and the writer for the original games of R&C is screenwriter for this movie! Super Great!!! What do you think of this?

Here's a announcement trailer for R&C Movie :P

Deleted
    I was so fricken obsessed with R and C when i was younger... Just remembered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garp View Post
    I was so fricken obsessed with R and C when i was younger... Just remembered
    Me too, it brings such good memories and now when they make an movie I couldn't be more excited...

whelp... looks like somebody is gonna have to watch lets plays of all the ratchet and clank games
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    whelp... looks like somebody is gonna have to watch lets plays of all the ratchet and clank games
    You should get the HD trilogy & The Future games for R&C on the PS3 instead :P It's such an awesome feeling playing those games, especially Ratchet & Clank 2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    You should defiently do that! R&C is so friking great! I would recommend you to watch Developer Commentary of R&C 2 and R&C 3 if you wanna see all features and such when they developed those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydeath View Post
    You should get the HD trilogy & The Future games for R&C on the PS3 instead :P It's such an awesome feeling playing those games, especially Ratchet & Clank 2!
    i would but im a bit low on cash, ive played all of the ps2 games but i havent played any of the ps3 games. it is tempting though.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not ragging on the games, I'm sure they're awesome, but the trailer I just saw bored me. There was nothing unique about it at all. You could replace those three characters with pretty much any other 3 characters and the whole "characters vs. their animators" bit would be unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I'm not ragging on the games, I'm sure they're awesome, but the trailer I just saw bored me. There was nothing unique about it at all. You could replace those three characters with pretty much any other 3 characters and the whole "characters vs. their animators" bit would be unchanged.
    well, i think it was mostly just a thing to say "hey were making a movie"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Seriously? Dubstep? Catering to those people? I guess they want to ruin it..

R&C already has a great soundtrack, stick with that style, don't ruin it with that crap.
    Judging a soundtrack from the last 5 seconds of a teaser trailer, lol ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they dont try to work in the plot of the movie into games released after it I wont mind this to much (assuming its not a retelling of one of the older games).
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-04-24 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    As long as they dont try to work in the plot of the movie into games released after it I wont mind this to much (assuming its not a retelling of one of the older games).
    Well they finished the game's most recent arc, so I'm thinking new story.

I don't know about this, I enjoyed them because they were games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hopefully it will turn out to be a great movie like the older games were...