Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Fundamentalist couple chooses prayer over medicine again, kills second child

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...her_child.html

"I am sorry for your loss. Deeply sorry," Judge Benjamin Lerner told the couple. "But in all honesty, I am more sorry for the fact that this innocent little child will not be able to grow up to be what he wanted to be."
    The judge exercised rather more restraint than I would have.

EDIT: Added, since most probably won't read to the bottom of the article:

A neighbor of the Schaibles who did not want his name published said Herbert and Catherine Schaible are decent people who raise great kids. They just have one flaw.

"The only thing I can say bad about them is they never took them to the hospital," the man said. "They have one flaw, and this one flaw should make them go to jail."
    Warning: There is a fine line between discussing the topic and bashing religion. Please do not cross it.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-04-24 at 03:04 PM.

How do people not know medicine is god answering prayers?

Call me heartless, but the faster these tards breed themselves out of existence because their kids don't live long enough to perpetuate, the better off we'll all be.

These guys truly deserve a Darwin award - the irony alone would be worth it.

so the first kid dying didnt teach them anything... exactly how many kids' deaths would it take for them to learn?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    Call me heartless, but the faster these tards breed themselves out of existence because their kids don't live long enough to perpetuate, the better off we'll all be.

These two have (or had) something like nine kids, and the one who just died was born after they were put on probation. Their reproductive rate will outpace nature, easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    How do people not know medicine is god answering prayers?
    I hope this is sarcasm.

Anyway, I find it sad that I'm not even surprised by this. I can't imagine how deeply mired one has to be in one's faith to think a child doesn't need medicine when it's sick as long as you wish hard enough for it to be healthy.

I guess this is getting closed soon, by the way, since it deals with religion.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those instances where "freedom of Religion" should be trounced. You should not be allowed to force your religious standards on others, ESPECIALLY children who can't speak for themselves. These people should have been locked up for life and force-sterilized the FIRST time they killed a kid with weaponized stupidity.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I don't honestly see the point to bashing people like this. The whole story is just tragic in so many ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I demand their Humanity card.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    This is one of those instances where "freedom of Religion" should be trounced. You should not be allowed to force your religious standards on others, ESPECIALLY children who can't speak for themselves.
    Precisely. Freedom of Religion until you infringe upon the rights of other seems a suitable standard to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lzsg View Post
    I hope this is sarcasm.
    not necessarily. the concept of a deity working through worldly or mundane means is a mental compromise for many religious people to accommodate faith and science
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    im going to pray to darwin and hope their kind parish asap, these people are willfully ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    that was a quite exhilarant statement.

Deleted
    After a second death I think they should be jailed or something, sadly I don't think they can be. Clear negligence because of faith. Ridiculous in my opinion. I wouldn't even want to be neighbours with such people, just saying.

Deleted
    Old papa Darwin is playing some tricks on these people. It's like he's trying with all his might to stop these people from spreading their genes.

On a more serious note, having access to medicine in 2013 and rejecting it for prayer is kind of a fatalistic sadness.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-04-23 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    I don't honestly see the point to bashing people like this. The whole story is just tragic in so many ways.
    You don't see the point to bashing people who let their children die instead of providing easily available medical care? I mean, I have spiritual beliefs and even I think these people are fucking worthless.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Their remaining 7 children.... This is a horror story.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    These two have (or had) something like nine kids, and the one who just died was born after they were put on probation. Their reproductive rate will outpace nature, easily.
    Idiots breed most.

Did they spend some time choosing the photographs so they would represent the pair as degenerates, I wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    This mentality baffles me. Have they never stopped and thought "hey, god probably has a lot on his plate, trying to run the universe and all. Maybe, instead of demanding that he stop everything and fix my problems, I can just take the damn pills!"