Poll: Do you own/how many guns?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    none I feel that guns are not needed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm a small guy with thin wrists! I even have trouble with 45s D:
    Start bodybuilding. The first time I applied to join the forces they turned me down for being too underweight, I only weighed 45kgs, A year of bodybuilding and I was a healthy weight and much stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. 5.56 can be deadlier than 7.62 at sufficient velocity.
    Are you trying to be a clever ruseman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Start bodybuilding. The first time I applied to join the forces they turned me down for being too underweight, I only weighed 45kgs, A year of bodybuilding and I was a healthy weight and much stronger.
    I have chronic laziness. It's a very serious and incurable condition.

Besides, in my area muscle bottoms aren't a valuable commodity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly; FAL's are too heavy for me.
    Heavy as in just the weight or heavy kick? Carbine length modern FAL's like the DSA Para SA58 can be pretty light(~8lbs). The Kel tec RFB is
    the same weight, if you like bullpup rifles (only commercially available bullpup 7.62x51 that I'm aware of, aside from chassis mods for the M14).

thats only 1.5 lbs heavier than a standard DI AR-15, and only 1 lb heavier than the average piston AR.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-04-23 at 10:05 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Are you trying to be a clever ruseman?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted

Nothing wrong with a muscular bottom, it looks better in shorts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    personally i have around 20-25. collectively between me, my father and my brother, in the 40-50 range

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. 5.56 can be deadlier than 7.62 at sufficient velocity.
    If money wasn't an object, I'd go with 6.8mm SPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Heavy as in just the weight or heavy kick? Carbine length modern FAL's like the DSA Para SA58 can be pretty light(~8lbs). The Kel tec RFB is
    the same weight, if you like bullpup rifles (only bullpup 7.62x51 that I'm aware of).

thats only 1.5 lbs heavier than a standard DI AR-15, and only 1 lb heavier than the average piston AR.
    Both; not that I haven't shot some pigs before, but the FAL in particular is difficult for me to handle.

But Rich is probably right, I don't handle them frequently enough to get used to them.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 02:53 PM ----------

Nothing wrong with a muscular bottom, it looks better in shorts.
    Not a muscular bottom, a muscle bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've inherited a number of older long guns. From my maternal grandfather I have a 196X Winchester Model 100 rifle in .308. From my dad I have a .22 rifle, a .410 bolt-action shotgun, a single barrel 12 guage break-action, a single barrel 18 guage break-action, and one other that I can't remember (they've been in storage for over 20 years).

I've never actually purchased a gun, but when I do it will most likely be a Ruger .357.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    the same weight, if you like bullpup rifles (only bullpup 7.62x51 that I'm aware of).

An SA80 loaded with a SUSAT sight is 11lbs, the weight is not an issue at all. I like the weight, it gives me confidence in how robust it is, if you run out of ammunition and your bayonet breaks you can still use it as a club.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm skinnyfat and I don't let it stop me. Just get an FAL carbine.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 02:56 PM ----------

Both; not that I haven't shot some pigs before, but the FAL in particular is difficult for me to handle.

But Rich is probably right, I don't handle them frequently enough to get used to them.
    I handle mine all the time, if you know what I mean. I handle that baby till I get bruises then I handle it some more.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    I'm skinnyfat and I don't let it stop me. Just get an FAL carbine.
    Or get a full size one, carry it all day everyday until you get used to it, its still much lighter than the standard British rifle the SA80.

I have none. I don't care if people legally obtain firearms, but I do think a portion of people go way overboard. I just have never felt the need to own one. Hell, I've never even fired a gun lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    An SA80 loaded with a SUSAT sight is 11lbs, the weight is not an issue at all. I like the weight, it gives me confidence in how robust it is, if you run out of ammunition and your bayonet breaks you can still use it as a club.
    Weight actually lowers felt recoil as well.

Glock 22, Glock 27, AR-15, Springfield 1911 Operator, Rock Island Armory 1911. I have the first three to protect my life and the lives around me. I have the other two for having fun at the range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or get a full size one, carry it all day everyday until you get used to it, its still much lighter than the standard British rifle the SA80.
    If I could I would, t'would be glorious. Alas, those pinko commie college professors would throw a hissy fit. I guess they just aren't American enough.

Deleted
    Weight actually lowers felt recoil as well.
    Yup, the SA80 is one of if not THE most accurate assault rifle in the world, it was designed as a target rifle first and assault rifle second, which is what caused the problems with the A1 model. The A2 has few issues nowadays however, a fine weapon.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:59 PM ----------

If I could I would, t'would be glorious. Alas, those pinko commie college professors would throw a hissy fit. I guess they just aren't American enough.
    *Belgian, credit where credits due.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with the weight either, I like it as well... one of the reasons I like piston AR's. Everyone complains about the weight (and then there's all the DI purists that hate piston just because it's the new thing), all it does for me is reduce muzzle climb when firing quickly.

On a side note, I am in love with the SA80, and I wish they made a civilian model.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-04-23 at 10:02 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.