Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Wisdom tooth problems

Howdy folks, I am having serious problems with one of my wisdom teeth, 3 of them have come through fine with no problems but my last one has been giving me terrible pain all day. Is this normal? I have never had dental pain before, not even a single cavity at the age of 29. Any tips for dealing with this?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Howdy folks, I am having serious problems with one of my wisdom teeth, 3 of them have come through fine with no problems but my last one has been giving me terrible pain all day. Is this normal? I have never had dental pain before, not even a single cavity at the age of 29. Any tips for dealing with this?
    dentist. asap. that shit can get really bad really fast
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    dentist. asap. that shit can get really bad really fast
    I don't want it pulled unless it is serious, it only got painful today, my other 3 came through without a problem. I was always proud that I am nearly 30 and never needed dental treatment, this seriously knocks my ego.

Mine has been hurting me for years I have 2 that did not come in right they later started rotting at the bottoms.
    The pain seems to come and go in batches anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks then it goes away. Best tricks I have is find what way to shift things when eating and drinking to avoid them, cold water going the wrong way can be immense pain. I have never gotten mine worked on, I was advised be a family member that $85 was too much to spend on medical care.

Rich, get your ass to the dentist pronto or I will find your unit commander and make sure he knows that you're damaging a potentially deployable asset.

Needs to be pulled. It's a quick process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Mine has been hurting me for years I have 2 that did not come in right they later started rotting at the bottoms.
    The pain seems to come and go in batches anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks then it goes away. Best tricks I have is find what way to shift things when eating and drinking to avoid them, cold water going the wrong way can be immense pain. I have never gotten mine worked on, I was advised be a family member that $85 was too much to spend on medical care.
    Shit, I am dreading this, the only time I was in worse pain was when I was burnt in Afghanistan, its nearly 3am here and I am still awake due to the pain.

My general rule of thumb is that if it hurts badly for about a week that's when it's time to see a professional.

Unless like you fall and break your leg, then you should probably go immediately, but if it's something like that I usually give it a week and see if the pain decreases or goes away, or if it gets worse, then I go from there.

Deleted
    If I get it pulled I will get pics, I know some of you folks hate me so much that you will get a kick out of seeing me in pain.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 02:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    My general rule of thumb is that if it hurts badly for about a week that's when it's time to see a professional.

Unless like you fall and break your leg, then you should probably go immediately, but if it's something like that I usually give it a week and see if the pain decreases or goes away, or if it gets worse, then I go from there.
    Makes sense, it is only day 1 so far but it is fucking agony.

Shit, I am dreading this, the only time I was in worse pain was when I was burnt in Afghanistan, its nearly 3am here and I am still awake due to the pain.
    You become accustomed to it over time. Sometimes it will hit you hard, I made some microwave smoresa few moths back, hot marsh mellow got down in the rotten area then started hardening, I went down on the floor kicking in pain. You learn what you can and can not do, keeping your pulse lower seems to help to, when I strain the pain comes back.

time to see the dentist. had one of mine taken out at 24. apparently a new one was growing below and causing all my pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want it pulled unless it is serious, it only got painful today, my other 3 came through without a problem. I was always proud that I am nearly 30 and never needed dental treatment, this seriously knocks my ego.
    Ego has nothing to do with it..it has nothing to do with poor dental care ^_^

Deleted
    If you want to numb the pain and have a 24h chemist around go and buy some clove oil, it's about £3 from Boots and the likes put it on the gum where the tooths giving you problem and it should relieve the pain for a while.

I had to have 3 wisdom teeth pulled when I was 16, because I'd just had my braces taken off and they were starting to mess up all the work that the braces had accomplished. The teeth were pulled while I was awake, no sleep-inducing anesthesia (just the numbing anesthesia). It was horrible. The fortnight after, I couldn't sleep or eat at all.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I had to have 3 wisdom teeth pulled when I was 16, because I'd just had my braces taken off and they were starting to mess up all the work that the braces had accomplished. The teeth were pulled while I was awake, no sleep-inducing anesthesia (just the numbing anesthesia). It was horrible. The fortnight after, I couldn't sleep or eat at all.
    Well that will please some of the folks that hate me on this forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I get it pulled I will get pics, I know some of you folks hate me so much that you will get a kick out of seeing me in pain.
    Pics or it didn't happen:O.

But I feel for you mean, one of my wisdom teeth still has not came out all the way,it is like half way out, does not hurt though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Are you kidding here? Dental health is serious and it's not a "knock" to your ego to need to handle it. You aren't controlling how your teeth come in, are you?

consider yourself lucky i dont have your guy's number. see what HE has to say about it. i bet youd be in a dentist chair the minute the door opened
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure it's one with visible tears, please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Make sure it's one with visible tears, please.
    Will do, extra blood for you morbid bastards that want it. I am hoping the pain is temporary though and it comes through without a problem.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Are you kidding here? Dental health is serious and it's not a "knock" to your ego to need to handle it. You aren't controlling how your teeth come in, are you?
    I am scared to be honest, the idea that someone will dig around and take away part of my body frightens me.