Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Perfect storm should not be needed for Master of eye of the storm

it's almost impossible to get now that you can't get into regular bg's with more than 4 other people and also you can't get the achies in RBG anymore.

Anyone else think it shouldn't be needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindayse View Post
    it's almost impossible to get now that you can't get into regular bg's with more than 4 other people and also you can't get the achies in RBG anymore.

Anyone else think it shouldn't be needed?
    I do not agree. I successfully pugged the entire battlemaster achievement. Its possible.

Deleted
    I agree so much with OP.
    Anyone who says otherwise is retarted and did the achiev between '08 - '10 (when Cata was released the pvp system changed to fill up all bg's to the max ppl vs max ppl)
    Now, i've gotten this achiev about 3 times in RBG but it never popped up ? ... I guess you can't get it from RBG wich is to start complete bullshit since it's the same bg ... (yes im aware you cap towers in a different way but still ...)
    So yeah .. This is my very last achiev i need to obtain the Battlemaster title. And i'm pretty sure unless i do something against the rules of the game (premade it with Preformav addon to make 15 ppl group) it's the only way to do it most likely.
    Sure some people got it by PURE rng, but i tell you the luck you had was insane!!
    I have the 100 win achiev and every other battlemaster part ready .. but yeah never will get this retarted perfection ....
    Best bet you have is try it on low level alts who are high level for there bracket when Eots is CTA battleground if you wanna try it the legal way. But then it's still very hard if not next to impossible to do (random idiots and shitloads of bots you know ..)
    And i repeat almost everyone who i inspect who has the achievement got it datestamped between '08 - '10 so it's super stupid for people who tried to get it after that ...
    Since back then you could end up in an Eots with like 15 vs 8 people .. not hard to do perfection then huh?! But now the pvp queue tool is different and it will constantly try to fill up the bg to max slots (15 in eots).

So - YES REMOVE THIS SHIT ACHIEV FROM META OF EOTS

Infracted, No need to call others retard.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-04-25 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    I do not agree. I successfully pugged the entire battlemaster achievement. Its possible.
    With or without the use of OQueue? And before or after they limited group sizes that can sign up for random BGs together?

You can still queue for randoms with more then 5. Look for an addon called oQueue. I used it to get a 13 man group to do Resilient Victory (which is also impossible in a pug).

Deleted
    They are not impossible by any means, I got the *cough* we had it all along achi pre-nerf in AB by solo queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozafy View Post
    You can still queue for randoms with more then 5. Look for an addon called oQueue. I used it to get a 13 man group to do Resilient Victory (which is also impossible in a pug).
    You don't see the problem with needing a 3rd party addon to complete achievements?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The problem about perfect storm that unlike "cough" and "resilient victory" Its fully dependant on enemy team. If 10+ people rush one base on enemy side they will get this 1-10 points and there is nothing you can do about it. This achievment either needs to be removed from meta or changed to "win with enemy team scoring less than 200 points"

Deleted
    I got it in a random group only last week It's not that hard, it's mostly a L2P issue, I think!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    I got it in a random group only last week It's not that hard, it's mostly a L2P issue, I think!
    It's hardly a L2P issue unless you all by yourself can rush four bases simultaneously. It's luck pure and simple. To discover if it's really a L2P issue why don't you queue up for a random EotS and tell us if you emulated your success.
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2013-04-24 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    Anyone who says otherwise is retarted
    compelling argument

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    You don't see the problem with needing a 3rd party addon to complete achievements?
    I do. However the problem lies with the queuing system, not the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Yes, because you can carry a BG by yourself.

Depending on pugs is never good, especially when they never listen to anything and spam "GO FOR THE FLAG" in EOTS.
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-04-24 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really the problem lies with blizzard being ignorant and never finishing the job. When they introduced changes to pvp in cata it was obvious that some achievments simply require revamping to make them possible to obtain with 5 man group. Hell how long did it took blizzard to change "cough" achievment from 10 points to 50 ? Let's face it some achievments sound cool on paper but are more or less impossible to obtain given how much the game have changed. But oh well i guess it will take them next 5-10 years to notify the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Not really the problem lies with blizzard being ignorant and never finishing the job. When they introduced changes to pvp in cata it was obvious that some achievments simply require revamping to make them possible to obtain with 5 man group. Hell how long did it took blizzard to change "cough" achievment from 10 points to 50 ? Let's face it some achievments sound cool on paper but are more or less impossible to obtain given how much the game have changed. But oh well i guess it will take them next 5-10 years to notify the issue.
    This is all true, but the complaint should be about the queuing system not the achievement. I think it's horrible you can't queue with more then 5 people. It's an MMO why restrict group play? IMO one should complain about the system, not the achievement, and with tools like oQueue available you can even circumvent the queue problem and just find a group of 10-15 people and do the achievement without hassle.

And if they're unwilling to change the queuing system, they should change the achievement to reflect that, or simply remove it from the criteria for Master of EotS.

If you think Perfect Storm is a difficult achievement achievement to do in a PUG then what is your oppinion on Stormpike Perfection in Alterac Valley? Try having 40 random ppl work together... That's the only difficult ach that I'm still missing for my Battelmaster

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all true, but the complaint should be about the queuing system not the achievement. I think it's horrible you can't queue with more then 5 people. It's an MMO why restrict group play? IMO one should complain about the system, not the achievement, and with tools like oQueue available you can even circumvent the queue problem and just find a group of 10-15 people and do the achievement without hassle.
    Fully agree with you on that and you know what is worst ? IT WAS ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS !!! Raid group removal was justified by baddies crying about being rolled by premades, so now instead of being raped by 15 people in 5 minutes they are being raped by 5 people for 15 minutes. What a great change !!!
    I myself run a totally cheesy setup with my friends ( Warr, DK, Mistweaver, Rdruid and shadow priest) and we have streak of 43 victories in 10/15 mans now. Lets face it, if someone bothers to make 5 man group for wsg/storm, have fully geared experienced people who have voice comm, the will always own enemy team. But i guess blizz is too arrogant to admit making mistake and reverting that horrible change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some PvP achievements are ridiculous and crazy, like

Stormpike Perfection - Alterac Valley
    Alterac Blitz - Alterac Valley
    "Get a win after 500p defeat" (don't remember the name) - Arathi Basin
    Flurry - Eye of the Storm
    Perfect Storm - Eye of the Storm
    Not even a scratch - Strand of the Ancients
    Defense of the ancients - Strand of the Ancients
    Jugger Not - Battle for Gilneas
    Cloud Nine - Twin Peaks
    Ironman - Warsong Gulch
    Mine - Isle of Conquest
    My Diamonds and your rust - Silvershard Mines

Nothing is impossible, but you can't get closer to impossible, then with these achievements. They are INSANLY hard, and I expect people today, to play at least 500-1000 victories in each BG to get them all.

I got all but "Diamon and Rust" in Cataclysm, and I thank God for that, I can't even imagine the frustration people feel over these now when you can't make premades

In my opinion, Blizzard KILLED normal Battlegrounds when they removed the ability to make pre-mades. They focus on RBG, but all kind of Rated stuff, like RBG and Arena are completely worthless and insanely boring imo.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Some PvP achievements are ridiculous and crazy, like

Stormpike Perfection - Alterac Valley
    Alterac Blitz - Alterac Valley
    "Get a win after 500p defeat" (don't remember the name) - Arathi Basin
    Flurry - Eye of the Storm
    Perfect Storm - Eye of the Storm
    Not even a scratch - Strand of the Ancients
    Defense of the ancients - Strand of the Ancients
    Jugger Not - Battle for Gilneas
    Cloud Nine - Twin Peaks
    Ironman - Warsong Gulch
    Mine - Isle of Conquest
    My Diamonds and your rust - Silvershard Mines

Nothing is impossible, but you can't get closer to impossible, then with these achievements. They are INSANLY hard, and I expect people today, to play at least 500-1000 victories in each BG to get them all.

I got all but "Diamon and Rust" in Cataclysm, and I thank God for that, I can't even imagine the frustration people feel over these now when you can't make premades

In my opinion, Blizzard KILLED normal Battlegrounds when they removed the ability to make pre-mades. They focus on RBG, but all kind of Rated stuff, like RBG and Arena are completely worthless and insanely boring imo.
    The problem with these achievments is that they aren't about how good YOU are, but about how shitty enemy team is. I remember doing not even a scratch where alliance was simply camped so hard when we were defending that majority of them left before our attack turn leaving like 4 defenders on they side. Its not about outclassing enemy team its about not giving them a spark of hope with typical horde-150 kills alliance-0 outcome. Its pointless and require major revamp but hey, why would we hope for a single pvp centered patch per expansion right ? Daily quests and pet batttle balance is apparently higher on priority list.