Thread: Warhammer 40K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    This thread needs more heresy.
    Well the Forgeworld stuff is pretty heresy. Sadly it's also more expensive...

10+ Year Old Account
    Vellerix, how about sticking with the necron black ghost ark but with bone details?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Vellerix, how about sticking with the necron black ghost ark but with bone details?
    I may do just that, if I can ever build the damn thing, this is turning into a nightmare, the thing is needlessly complicated to construct -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I may do just that, if I can ever build the damn thing, this is turning into a nightmare, the thing is needlessly complicated to construct -.-
    Aren't you supposed to partially assemble before painting?

Deleted
    Aren't you supposed to partially assemble before painting?
    yeah thats what I normally do, but even constructing tiny bits of this thing is a mindfuck, you should see the sprue for this damn thing, so many parts I can't even identify because they all look so damn similar, it's taken me about 2 hours just to assemble the cross sections because they are in tiny pieces too, some parts I looked at and thought to myself "why isn't that already part of that piece" Fiddly as hell, needlessly so IMO, I've constructed land raiders, predators, Leman Russ' and even helped my friend with his Baneblade but this is just silly :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    yeah thats what I normally do, but even constructing tiny bits of this thing is a mindfuck, you should see the sprue for this damn thing, so many parts I can't even identify because they all look so damn similar, it's taken me about 2 hours just to assemble the cross sections because they are in tiny pieces too, some parts I looked at and thought to myself "why isn't that already part of that piece" Fiddly as hell, needlessly so IMO, I've constructed land raiders, predators, Leman Russ' and even helped my friend with his Baneblade but this is just silly :P
    That would be implying rhinos, land raiders and such are difficult to assemble to begin with lol... I mean dreadnoughts are a million times harder to put together than a rhino.

10+ Year Old Account
    After much deliberation, I have followed Omnoms advice and given my Rhino tracks a basic Angrax Earthshade wash

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO \o/!
    too much studying, too little painting... X_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO \o/!
    too much studying, too little painting... X_x
    Gotta study for my single final too... Eh... Tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    What is everyones opinion on Missile Launcher vs Plasma Cannon for devastator? Plasmas are more fun to paint but id also like them to be useful..

Deleted
    What is everyones opinion on Missile Launcher vs Plasma Cannon for devastator? Plasmas are more fun to paint but id also like them to be useful..
    Been a while since I played but do plasmas still have the habit of blowing up and kiling half their own squad?

Also on a side note, since reading the lore does anyone else find that horror films are nothing compared to what is in the warp.

Plasmas only kill the one shooting now.
    And yes, the warp is terri-effing-fying. It's the worst things you can imagine... at all... and it even surpasses that... Gahhh, noty..

Deleted
    Plasmas only kill the one shooting now.
    And yes, the warp is terri-effing-fying. It's the worst things you can imagine... at all... and it even surpasses that... Gahhh, noty..
    Aww I remember when I played and if my memory serves you had to put a blast disc over them.

Have you read Liber Chaotica? it really messed with my head lol.

I have not read it. Is it something that is Black Library published?

Deleted
    I have not read it. Is it something that is Black Library published?
    Yea it was published a fair amount of time ago, it was back when it was hinted at that 40k and fantasy had some connection (something they reconned).

Very good book for learning more about the 4 chaos gods.

I'll give them a read. I'm quite the fanatic when it comes to the chaos gods.

I have Liber Tzeentch from ages back.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I'm looking forward to the new Soul Drinkers book. Redemption. They're a great chapter with heavy warp influence... I've even considered painting them as a loyalist chapter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news everyone, there is a high chance Phil Kelly will be writing the Eldar and Ork Codices!

Deleted
    Good news everyone, there is a high chance Phil Kelly will be writing the Eldar and Ork Codices!
    Been a while but I remember him been decent at them.

I'm still hoping for 40k lore to change so that it isn't C'tan did it for every great plot twist. Also is it still cannon that papa smurf punched an avatar to death?