10+ Year Old Account
    I'm itchin to know what the remaining races & classes are yet to be revealed. Like i literally am withering away every day i cannot plan my main character on a game i wanna play badly.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    How come a company making a MMO dont have backup internet access? Its 2013 its kinda funny that happens.
    Pretty easy. MMO servers are in the dedicated Datacenter, that have all the backups they need. But their office has a regular internet provider, the same that Joe The User uses too.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Haven't seen any info, but I sure hope the raids are distinct for 20 and 40 person groups. I greatly dislike multi mode raiding.
    I remember seeing a Carbine dev on wildstar-central confirming 20 man and 40 man raids will be entirely different raids. I don't remember the thread or the dev's name, but I'm 100% that's what he said and I wouldn't lie.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 03:19 AM ----------

Some guy who said he played at PAX said he was browsing a vendor and saw an unknown class icon that looked like a cane or staff. If what he says is true, we could be seeing another caster type class. It could also be some sort of wacky martial artist class.

I heard you can level to level cap through PvPing hope it's as fast as questing because i'd love to do that, Leveling through PvP was fun in WoW but got nerfed too much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    I heard you can level to level cap through PvPing hope it's as fast as questing because i'd love to do that, Leveling through PvP was fun in WoW but got nerfed too much
    Yes, it will be an option to level in pvp. It's a way of "play the game how you want to play it". I dont know how they nerfed leveling in wow, in ol 2011 they had weekly battlegrounds and you could pretty much level to max in battlegrounds during those weekends, if they removed weekly battlegrounds it's a shame.
    However, I have no doubt xp gain will be sufficient in wildstar battlegrounds, especially if they want it to be a viable option. But a great option, I love battleground leveling, it was fun in wow, in rift, in starwars =)

I just hope you can get gear from leveling with PvP otherwise you might have to quest to gear up, I would like to start an mmo and just PvP from start to finish I only ever quested in WoW because I had too because PvPing wasnt as fast as questing was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    I just hope you can get gear from leveling with PvP otherwise you might have to quest to gear up, I would like to start an mmo and just PvP from start to finish I only ever quested in WoW because I had too because PvPing wasnt as fast as questing was.
    Because wow leveling out in the world is extremely fast =) However, if they want to make it a viable option there must be gear to get as well, and there will probably be some pvp currency you can get. Star wars solved it nicely in that way, also Rift a bit... had greens drop as loot from players so you could get a little bit of gear. I wouldn't worry about it, Im sure that's the first thing beta testers that try pvp leveling would complain about: xp-gains, gear upgrades. Those two things is what makes or breaks the systems viability

Ofc I wasnt talking about world PvP ;p but questing in WoW for me atleast was a lot faster than queing random bgs was.

but yeah atleast do something like have a daily quest that gives an item or you get honor or a chance at a piece of loot after every battleground something where you can get gear to stay competitive while lvling up in bgs etc, not saying I wont actually quest it will just be nice to not have to if I dont want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is too bad they aren't having a GuildWars type pvp, I like the idea of making a level 1 character and going to the mists and be lvl 80 so I can pvp with any class I want to. Along with pvp rewards would being able to transmute your pvp gear onto your pve gear.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    It is too bad they aren't having a GuildWars type pvp, I like the idea of making a level 1 character and going to the mists and be lvl 80 so I can pvp with any class I want to. Along with pvp rewards would being able to transmute your pvp gear onto your pve gear.
    well not everyone likes guildwars and we already have guildwars....

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    well not everyone likes guildwars and we already have guildwars....
    You could just as easily say
    "well not everyone likes WoW and we already have WoW"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Yeah, except that number of people who dislike it is vastly smaller. The point is that people keep asking Wildstar to be some other game, but we already have those games. So any comparisons, misplaced desires, etc...is kinda...well, not fruitful.

I understand we don't have much to talk about and with a game that seems to be pulling most great features from several games and improving them, it's easy to get into comparisons and wishing x feature was more like y game, but it's not really productive other than to say you like x feature from y game, which belongs in that game's forums.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    cause wildstar has 10 man raids instead of 40.. kk. wow has paths? warplots, housing, dynamic events.. ah yeah exactly the same. my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no W*W.

I think I'm going into withdrawals.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    People like the free of progression even on PvP characters. GW2 PvP rewards felt kind of boring and useless since you didn't really "gain" anything (Not just talking about stat gains). Cosmetic rewards are a good idea but there's nothing to aim for like in WoW, arena rating, elite gear etc. Anyone could get anything in GW2 so you didn't stand out.

Anyway..

Really looking forward to this game, going over with my GW2 team so should be alot of fun. Just can't decide on class/race without those final two been released yet.

I guess it will be worth to check out for the PvE aspect - if it's B2P.

I don't get the class-system yet. I heard each class has only 1 weapon to play with - is this correct? So a warrior only has a 2h-sword available? How does the skillsystem work? Are there different playstyles for a class? How many skills are available during fight? Are skills unlocked like in WoW or bought or found?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I guess it will be worth to check out for the PvE aspect - if it's B2P.

I don't get the class-system yet. I heard each class has only 1 weapon to play with - is this correct? So a warrior only has a 2h-sword available? How does the skillsystem work? Are there different playstyles for a class? How many skills are available during fight? Are skills unlocked like in WoW or bought or found?
    1) Having one weapon is a mostly cosmetic and loot system design decision. It does not affect the class at all b/c this isn't GW2

2) There are 2 playstyles per class of the typical 3 roles inthe trinity.

3) Skills work by having a limited number that you choose to customize your playstyle. If you've ever played TSW, it sounds like that in terms of your actual bar.

4) Number of skill slots is not finalized. They just decreased it recently, but I expect it to go back up at least to 10. Just speculation on my part though.

5) Skills aren't finalized on how you acquire them, but some statements make it sound like you'll get some while leveling and be able to get new/custom ones from max level activities.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    cause wildstar has 10 man raids instead of 40.. kk. wow has paths? warplots, housing, dynamic events.. ah yeah exactly the same. my bad.
    We were talking about pvp.
    But since we are randomly changing the topic...

Your mothers custard was far too tart. I think you are lying about where you hid the gold. Furthermore, Pluto is no longer a planet.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Your mothers custard was far too tart. I think you are lying about where you hid the gold. Furthermore, Pluto is no longer a planet.
    F--k that, Pluto is a planet. All the books from my childhood tell me it is.

On topic: is Carbine's Internet up yet? lol

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    F--k that, Pluto is a planet. All the books from my childhood tell me it is.
    You must have read some pretty strange books then. I had books and television shows that prove Pluto is a dog.
    BAD WOLF