View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    So what I'm not allowed to post opinions now because I have to be afraid you'll inspect my previous posts? That's like telling me I can't vote for a political party after 4 years because I didn't vote for it 4 years ago. Piss off.
    yeah because ignoring the fact that wow classes have around 50 or so spells and warcraft 3 heroes had 4 is logical.

also yes your opinion doesnt matter because you dont play wow and have said you wont come back unless it goes free to play
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id say paladins are really the only ones that would fit the description, sure it takes work but warlocks, mages, monks there still relatively common things, anyone can pick up a book on magic or martial arts and slowly become what they want through trial and error but the demon hunter rituals must be taught and given by another demon hunter and they keep the scrolls to learn how to become one secret so you cant just go out and find one
    So you have your own demon hunter starting zone to incorporate that lore. Doesn't mean they need to start at a higher level. Level is mostly a game mechanci rather than lore thing anyway.

Deleted
    It's disturbing to see so many people think Demon-Hunters are going to be implemented.

I mean really.

I wouldn't say no to a surprise, mind you.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    0, because I don't expect Demon Hunter to be the next class.

lots of assuming in that post OP
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    It's disturbing to see so many people think Demon-Hunters are going to be implemented.

I mean really.

I wouldn't say no to a surprise, mind you.
    people said the same thing about pandaren, then we got them.

as long as people continue to want demon hunters we will get them eventually
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    And Blizzard didn't seem to like the concept of a hero class because they haven't said a word about them since Death Knights got nerfed to the level of a normal class. Why would they go back to it?
    Hero Class doesn't mean that it's stronger than other classes... it means that it has a special background story as to how they became that class... u aren't just a generic scrub starting in the same place as every1 else of your race... you have your own origin story basically hence why DKs had their own lvling zone and weren't just spawned where w/e race you make your dk spawns, and they have an epic story of how they broke free of the Lich King's control. So yeah, I really don't think Blizz has a problem with Hero classes, they just implemented DKs badly in terms of mechanics... making them too OP unintended(or maybe at the time it was intended who knows)...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-04-25 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Hero Class doesn't mean that it's stronger than other classes... it means that it has a special background story as to how they became that class... u aren't just a generic scrub starting in the same place as every1 else of your race... you have your own origin story basically hence why DKs had their own lvling zone and weren't just spawned where w/e race you make your dk spawns, and they have an epic story of how they broke free of the Lich King's control. So yeah, I really don't think Blizz has a problem with Hero races, they just implemented DKs badly in terms of mechanics... making them too OP unintended(or maybe at the time it was intended who knows)...
    exactly right imo and very well explained.

i would always suggest pandaren in "new race" threads and everytime people would tell me "no way thats not gonna happen blah blah blah" i used to recommend brewmaster from time to time and people would tell me "lawl its just a rogue who drinks beer lawl" and BOOM brewmasters added.

as long as people like me who love demon hunters keep asking eventually blizzard will listen because blizzard likes money

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    level 1... becasue dk's worked out so well..

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Hero Class doesn't mean that it's stronger than other classes... it means that it has a special background story as to how they became that class... u aren't just a generic scrub starting in the same place as every1 else of your race... you have your own origin story basically hence why DKs had their own lvling zone and weren't just spawned where w/e race you make your dk spawns, and they have an epic story of how they broke free of the Lich King's control. So yeah, I really don't think Blizz has a problem with Hero classes, they just implemented DKs badly in terms of mechanics... making them too OP unintended(or maybe at the time it was intended who knows)...
    If it's just a special background story, then starting at level 55 doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    again as others have explained, death knights didnt work out well because they tried to make them dps and tank in every spec

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah because ignoring the fact that wow classes have around 50 or so spells and warcraft 3 heroes had 4 is logical.

also yes your opinion doesnt matter because you dont play wow and have said you wont come back unless it goes free to play
    So even though I played wow for 8 years and Warcraft 3 for over 10 years I have no say in whether Demon Hunter class makes sense in a game where all its core abilities have already been distributed? That's like telling me I can't criticize Harry Potter because I didn't read the Magnificent Creatures sidebook for children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again dks weren't a pain coz they start at 55 but because they tried to make them seem more OP and they failed(well they didn't but it sucked for every1 else)... so they could still add Demon Hunters at lvl 75 or w/e and not make them OP ... the level at which it starts doesn't matter since Blizz only balances for max level anyway

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    If it's just a special background story, then starting at level 55 doesn't make sense.
    think of it this way, when you make a monk you are just a lowly student trying to learn, you slowly become a hero.

as a death knight or in this case demon hunter you would start out as a hero, you wouldnt have to move up the ranks and prove yourself because you already have.

when your a normal class you are a nobody who becomes a somebody

when you are a hero class you are a somebody who picks a side

I feel 55 would be appropriate. It would be kind of lame to skip Outland on a Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Death knights are even more far from Demon Hunters than warlocks are.

Demon Hunter is a melee class, thereby, they do not fit with almost all of Warlock's spells. (MELEE CHAOS BOLT LOL)
    Warlocks enslaves demons to fight, Demon hunters do not.
    Demon Hunter is able to manaburn, warlock is not, and it would be the only melee class that would be able to manaburn, could easily lead to interesting combat mechanics.
    Demon hunter are able to infuse life in shadows and felfire, and makes it swarm by parasiting ennemies, warlocks aren't able to. (C.f Illidan, his felfire elementals and his shadowfiends)
    Demon hunter can feed on their opponent's soul (C.f Illidan), warlocks can uses ennemies soul to cast certain spells but they can't feed on it. We could say that warlocks are using their opponent's soul to heal themselves while life draining but nothing shows that.
    Warlock's immolate is a mono-target dot while demon hunter's immolate is an aura (Bringing the activate/desactivate your aura whenever you wants concept which could be interesting).

Demon hunter uses fire, felfire, and shadow magics, only common points with warlocks, but certainly not with the Deathknights which are nearly the opposite.
    If you have played Demonology before the redesign you would realize that most of your spells became melee attacks when you used metamorphosis. Pretty much everything else you mentioned has been at some point in the warlocks arsenal, warlocks use to have drain mana even if its not mana burn it was basically a weaker version of the same thing. Now they can even use fel fire with the quest chain. The soul thing is ridiculous, ever heard of soul stones, drain life, soul drain, hell even healthstones. Again with the immolate aura, its covered in demonic form it becomes a fire and forget AoE the same exact thing demon hunters have. I can even quote Blizzard saying that Demon hunters are pretty much addressed by the Warlock, Hunter, DK class and that they had planned them for Wotlk but decided to go with the DK's. So yeah my argument is very valid you just don't want to accept it.

Ghostcrawler on DH's :
    Aulupe: "@Ghostcrawler You've said WoW cannot support an infinite number of classes.With DK and now Monks added will we ever see a Demon Hunter class"
    Ghostcrawler: "Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?"

(source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11292543741952)

I will say that Ghostcrawler has been known to talk out of his ass, like the rest of blizz so for all I know as highly unlikely as it is they might add them as a class. I still think its the least likely class to get added anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    So even though I played wow for 8 years and Warcraft 3 for over 10 years I have no say in whether Demon Hunter class makes sense in a game where all its core abilities have already been distributed? That's like telling me I can't criticize Harry Potter because I didn't read the Magnificent Creatures sidebook for children.
    yeah and when i was a kid i watched power rangers alot, i havent seen any of the recent seasons, i am not buying their product (or in the case of tv generating their ad revenue) so they dont cater to me, nor do they try to except in specific cases like special anniversary events.

a better version of your harry potter argument would be if you decided who got to kill voldemort but stopped reading after goblet of fire

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly didnt work out well I mean as someone who played dk from the very begining I was very satisfied with the gameplay. Remember shadow of death where you got ressed as a ghoul after death? That was pure awesome. It was a OP class I agree and it got nerfed to ground but it worked well for those who played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    lvl 1 for sure. With the reduced xp needed to level and the invaluable learning that happens when you have to fully level your toon i think no class should ever start half leveled like DK's did.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing