Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    If the ones with the so called "rose-tinted glasses" would indeed keep on playing it would prove that it wasn't just nostalgia, people actually wanted all those things back.

I don't agree with OP 100%, but I like the idea behind it all. Sadly we'll never see it happen because Blizzard decided to cater to a wider audience in order to get more money, which is absolutely a logical thing to do. It's a business, and businesses most of the time wants to maximize their profits. What I want to see is a team of developers that can develop a game to a specific target of people that have been begging for harder games that takes more effort and/or time. Not to get as much money as possible out of it, but because it would be a game they wanted to play themselves. Instead of bloating the game they would cater only to the more "hardcore" players. It's a dream that I'll probably never see unless I make it myself.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 09:18 AM ----------

People complain about the attitude behind OP's ideas, but sarcastic posts meant to ridicule the OP are completely fine.. -_-
    Your idea will likely never happen. People like you or me or the OP are a minority in the world when it comes to video games. As soon as a few "casuals" start playing, the game would get nerfed into the ground to suit their desires over ours. You can see that simple fact all throughout WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Another batch of ideas that just make the game more tedious, difficult, and annoying. Let's make LFR more difficult because your schedule doesn't allow for normal raiding... that's a great idea!

I've seen plenty of ideas that would be terrible for this game, but the OP just loves to pack a bunch of them into one post, eh?
    Not only that, but you also get punished if you have a slower connection speed and can't move out of AoE's as fast! Oh, and you can't use it till you grinded your ass to exalted with everything!

I feel like we're taking a step back not forward :/

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

I would like "Challenge Mode" level difficulty, without the timer, and better loot than heroic. Maybe an actual 'heroic' mode.

I would like a "LFR" with normal difficulty and gear. However the current easier LFR model still needs to remain. This would offer the dedicated people (or people whose guild just collapsed to drama) to do normal raiding without the set schedule.

I'm not exactly sure how you would "Bring Back" player housing. I think you got so lost in your own rant, you forgot what the title was. Regardless, player housing would be nice, however it's a HUGE undertaking. If it gets there, it gets there. If not, it doesn't. Haranguing the devs won't make it go faster. They know.
    Even if Blizzard did add those things, they would surely be nerfed by people wanting easier content, because "they pay just like everyone else"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Your idea will likely never happen. People like you or me or the OP are a minority in the world when it comes to video games. As soon as a few "casuals" start playing, the game would get nerfed into the ground to suit their desires over ours. You can see that simple fact all throughout WoW.
    Because video games like WoW should only be available to those who have to dedicate their lives to it right? All of us "casuals" who would rather enjoy ourselves then go to an online "job" after our day of work just to get to see content beyond the starting zones should just go back to playing pokemon right? Because we're "casuals" of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Because Heroic raiding doesn't reward the best gear and unique titles/mounts.
    If that's true, why didn't I get a dragon mount from LFR Dragon Soul, and why haven't I gotten a full set of t15 on my rogue from running scenarios?
    Someone obviously hasn't paid attention to Heroic raiding and Challenge Mode 5-mans.
    Heroic raiding, Tyrannical Glad, Challenge Mode. Next patch, Heroic Scenarios. There you go, go have fun playing the hard content catered toward your demographic.
    I think what you mean is 'have fun enjoying the difficulty of H Scenarios, then enjoy watching them get nerfed as the hordes of people who don't want to try that hard scream "WE PAY AS MUCH AS THOSE DIRTY MEAN ELITISTS!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd personally bring back old school AV. No time limit, and the quests matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Wish blizzard would so do this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what you mean is 'have fun enjoying the difficulty of H Scenarios, then enjoy watching them get nerfed as the hordes of people who don't want to try that hard scream "WE PAY AS MUCH AS THOSE DIRTY MEAN ELITISTS!!!"
    Because they have done such a grand job nerfing Challenge Mode, Tyrannical Glad, and Heroic raiding?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'd bring back all removed mounts and achievements. That's about it.

Oh, and blood and thunder for my prot warrior, I miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I would re-introduce the Burning Crusade difficulty.
    You mean, the trash is a huge pain in the ass but the bosses are pushovers? And you can't do anything unless you have a rogue or a mage?

Personally I think they went a bit far making MoP heroics easy - yes CMs are meant to replace the challenging parts of heroics, but still I'd like em a bit harder than they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now there's an idea I can get behind. Those were fun!

Not sure where people seem to get this idea that Heroic raiding, Challenge Mode 5-mans, and high-end arena aren't there for them anymore. WoW's big draw is that it has something for every skill level, from dailies and Scenarios at the casual end of the spectrum and Heroic raiding and high-rated Arena at the hardcore end; shoehorning people back into a more hardcore endgame with no casual-friendly options is a failed philosophy as Cataclysm showed in the first two tiers.

Welcome to MoP, have you played it at endgame?
    'Welcome to MoP" doesn't counter what I said.

I'm sure you will again say "too bad" when I mention things like this, but on my server many of these things aren't possible. There are very few Guilds, especially GOOD ONES recruiting. I've spammed chat for Challenge modes, but can;t get a full group. I'm not skilled enough to get to high-end arena.

Here is the real question, why weren't Normal Dungeons "good enough" for "casuals" since you know, I'm being told that timed challenge modes are "good enough" for me.

The thing is, "heroics" are now just a 5-10 minute aoe grind fest... where you just follow the tank to the boss, then AOE adds, then easily and without fear kill the boss. That is the epitome of grinding, yet people here are screaming "NO GRINDS NO GRINDS!"

While we're at it, why not remove bonus rolls, because that makes it too easy to get gear. Revert the alchemy changes so that flasks expire on death and so that you are not limited to 2 potions in a fight, because we need more stuff to farm! Bring back attunements, so guilds have to take new/returning players through old content just to raid current content.

Get rid of the BMAH, because you should have to EARN those mounts. Get rid of the new series of legendary chains because legendaries should be unique and super hard to get instead of, you know, rewarding and fun. Get rid of heroic modes and make normal modes as hard as they were in BC/Vanilla. Get rid of the new talent system, because the old system where the only decent spec was the cookie cutter EJ spec and anyone diverging from it was seriously gimping their character was so much better!

Bring back dishonorable kills, because I'm feeling nostalgic for a terrible mechanic. Get rid of pet battles, because I don't use them so I can't see why other people do. Get rid of the Treasure scenario, because you should have to work for gold and loot, not just have a carefree run through a room full of chests!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Because video games like WoW should only be available to those who have to dedicate their lives to it right? All of us "casuals" who would rather enjoy ourselves then go to an online "job" after our day of work just to get to see content beyond the starting zones should just go back to playing pokemon right? Because we're "casuals" of course!
    With an attitude like that, I'm surprised you enjoy life at all to be honest. Well being overly sarcastic and whiny totally is a good way to debate or argue. I have no idea what to call players that have an opposing game desire as me. They seem to have adopted the term "casual' so thats what I go with. You don't need to quote it back at me in an attempt at condescension.

If you start dating someone that doesn't dress the way you like, who are you to try to make them change? You should probably just date someone that dresses that way in the first place. This is why I hate what WoW has become. Blizzard has sold out to accommodate a player base that didn't even seem to like anything about the original game.

'Welcome to MoP" doesn't counter what I said.

I'm sure you will again say "too bad" when I mention things like this, but on my server many of these things aren't possible. There are very few Guilds, especially GOOD ONES recruiting. I've spammed chat for Challenge modes, but can;t get a full group. I'm not skilled enough to get to high-end arena.

Here is the real question, why weren't Normal Dungeons "good enough" for "casuals" since you know, I'm being told that timed challenge modes are "good enough" for me.

The thing is, "heroics" are now just a 5-10 minute aoe grind fest... where you just follow the tank to the boss, then AOE adds, then easily and without fear kill the boss. That is the epitome of grinding, yet people here are screaming "NO GRINDS NO GRINDS!"
    If you can't find Challenge mode groups on your server, you are more than capable of forming a cross-realm group, especially through openraid.us or openraid.eu. You can also easily find tier 14 raids there. It's no one's fault but your own that you are on a bad server.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Yes please!

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 07:51 PM ----------

Because they have done such a grand job nerfing Challenge Mode, Tyrannical Glad, and Heroic raiding?
    Please stop quoting those three very specific and exclusive game mechanics as the only thing I'm allowed to do if I want more than a 7 minutes grind fest.

I can't imagine how sad you'd have to be that you get cut up that content you've already completed has been nerfed.

Did it ever occur to you that every single week content becomes easier regardless of nerfs because more gear becomes available? If you clear HM ToT a month from now it won't be remotely the same accomplishment as Method and Paragon clearing it now. That's the nature of the game, your QQ makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    One of the things that's wrong with the community these days is how entitled they are. No one feels that anything should require any effort or work to get what they want. If I had it my way, these are just some of the things I would introduce into the next expansion and bring back.

Truly Heroic Heroics
    Challenge Mode dungeons were a nice feature but finding a group for them after the initial launch is kind of a pain. If you don't have friends interested in running them you have to try to pug them... and as usual, people leave after one wipe in most pugs. I would re-introduce the Burning Crusade difficulty. There wouldn't be cloth characters tanking dungeons again and CC would be back on the action bars.
    Challenge modes are the most efficient way to get Valor in the game at the moment. If you have trouble finding people for those, why do you think that these would be any better? The "promise" of loot? I enjoy difficult content, but frankly, this just wouldn't be worth it. The only way it COULD be is if you had a challenge/heroic mode which was MUCH more difficult, and dropped LFR-caliber gear and equipment, but even then, it would likely not see much use.

Flying Would Be Worth It
    Remember when you got your initial flying for the first time and how much work it was to get epic flying again because not everyone just had the gold sitting around? The epic and long chain in BC was a lot of fun when you look back at it, because you earned it.

In the new expansion, here's how I would handle flying:
    - No flying until level cap
    - Players must explore every area of every new zone before opening up a quest from the flight trainer
    - The quest will send you to various dungeons to collect materials from bosses.
    - The materials will form together to create your final quest
    - The final quest will send you to various raids to collect body parts/things from bosses that will need to be inscripted into a quest item (Tome of Higher Flying).
    - Once all the pieces are collected and the quest is complete, THEN you would use flying.
    Awful. Also, the exploration requirement is terrible because once myself or a friend got flying, we'd just fly the other around on the rocket/nightwing/vial and call it a day. And what of people that don't like PvE? Does this mean that my characters that I only use for PvP will not be allowed to fly... Just because? Glad you're not making design decisions for the next expansion.

Looking For Raid
    - The difficulty for LFR would be gone, it would share the same difficulty with Normal.
    - Players who AFK and consistently get hit by Area effects or ignore boss mechanics would be punished with stacking debuffs and a lesser chance of obtaining loot.
    - On the other hand, players who are consistently avoiding Area effects and doing boss mechanics correctly would be rewarded with a higher chance of loot.
    - In order to use the Looking For Raid queue, your character must be exalted with all of the heroic dungeon factions in the expansion.
    Punishing/rewarding players for their performance in LFR is a horrible idea and would serve only to make things less accessible in the future. LFR does need its only difficulty, and while I'm on the subject, gating LFR behind reputations is probably the worst idea I've heard so far.

The Removal Of Justice/Valor Points
    While I like the idea behind this, I think it could use a little re-vamp.

- First, in order to even collect any "points", you would be required to have obtained exalted with all of the heroic dungeon factions which would lead to the opening of a chain quest.
    - This chain quest will send you all over the world on a massive collecting quest. You will be given a cube that sits in your inventory and you must siphon the souls/essences of monsters and bosses from heroic dungeons.
    - The next and final part of the chain will require you to queue up for a solo scenario where all of the souls you have collected from bosses will be released one by one and you must defeat them all. They'll be made easier so that you can defeat them 1v1. Once complete, your cube will be permanently bound to your character and you may now siphon the souls from bosses. It won't require any action on your part once your cube is bound to you, you will automatically get the boss from a soul once you kill it.
    - You may then craft gear that would have been considered Justice/Valor points with various crafting materials and materials from raid bosses such as hearts, eyes, etc.
    Just no. While I agree they do need a revamp to the system in concept (make Valor gear accessible to everyone, have rep gear purchased with Justice or gold, or something like this) what you suggest is probably even worse of a system than what we have had in the past.

Guild Hopping
    Guild hopping in MoP is a huge problem because of just how easy it is to gain reputation. I know more structured 25 mans and heroic guilds don't have this problem, but with this being so easy, a lot of players don't have any intentions of helping their guild out and usually just join for free perks.

- Access to perks would be based on how much experience you have generated for the guild. It will take a rather significant amount to finally unlock the Level 20-25 perks.
    - When you join a guild, your account will be marked as a "trial" internally and if you leave within that 7 day trial, you will receive an invisible account debuff that will not allow you to gain guild reputation or experience for any other guild for 7 days. Being gkicked from a guild will not give you this debuff.
    - Players who have this debuff will show up with an icon next to the game in the guild roster that's visible to everyone including the officers/guild masters.
    And the purpose of this would be, what, to make players stay in an environment they don't feel comfortable in because you don't want people leaving a lower-level guild for a higher-level one? I'll be the first to agree that guild levels had a minor negative impact on the community, but this is not the way to fix that.

Player Housing
    While this feature has been demanded far more than once, I would do it a bit differently than some have suggested.

- It would be instanced and available from Orgrimmar/Stormwind (or wherever the capitols are in future expansions).
    - In it would be similar to an Inn room with a bed but leading from the bed would be a "Trophy Room".
    - In here would be where all of your current outstanding achievements are placed.
    1) You will have a wall of various pieces of armor/parts from final bosses that you have defeated. This will only be view-able for bosses that you defeated while the tier was current and not a tier behind.
    2) You will also have a wall that shows all of your gear sets such as Tier sets that you have collected. They will also act as storage for your tier sets where you can easily xmog your gear or equip the gear with the click of a button.
    - You can invite friends from your friends list or guildies to your house to show off your trophies/collections.
    - You can purchase upgrades for your house as well as a gold sink such as an upgraded bed, accessories, etc. Some of them will provide benefits such as 20% extra rested while sleeping in your bed (at level cap, you'll gain 20% extra reputation and gain rested for reputation gains when you sleep in your upgraded housing bed.)
    - You'll additionally have the option to allow 3 of your non combat pets to live in your house which will be visible when you visit.
    - However, you're not just going to be given player housing. You see, with a war at hand, resources are short and you'll have to earn your right to own a home so conveniently close to your home city. Your faction leader will send you on a long chain list which includes resource gathering, killing raid bosses and so forth. Then you must pay taxes to keep your home afloat or it will disappear (I'm guessing the Dwarves/Goblins will repo it).
    So, you want a private area for you to stroke your epeen, visible only to your friends and guildies? Strut around in your elite/heroic caliber armor around the capital of your choice and you'll realize that... No one cares about your achievements unless you're someone rushing for world-firsts, and even then, your "audience" will be incredibly small. The best way to work in player housing would be how they worked out the farm in Halfhill, but with more general options not focused to a specific expansion.

That's just a few of the things I would implement/change in the next expansion and the game in general.
    Again, I must reiterate my previous statement of thankfulness that you aren't working on the next expansion. Your obsession with needless grinds, gathering quests, and boss drops would only serve to obfuscate the fun for the majority of the player base and cut the sub numbers down by more than Dragon Soul ever did, and are based in needless elitism and self-importance.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Please stop quoting those three very specific and exclusive game mechanics as the only thing I'm allowed to do if I want more than a 7 minutes grind fest.
    They aren't exclusive, you simply choose not to do them. Probably because they require organisation. Which is exactly the quality you need if you want to do challenging content.

hmmm most of what u said would chase away plenty of people wene not all nut case hard core raider playing wow, some of us do like to play casual so the lfr difficulty is good as it is. and as for the mount chain quest to get to fly. another hard time consuming idea. pay,get skill ,fly away
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

A) Calling someone an elitist because the way they want a game differs from yours? Okay, you're just a "casual" wittle baby in that case.

B) I raided just fine from Vanilla - Wrath WITH a:Girlfriend, Job, High School/College classes, Wrestling Team, Many Engineering extracurriculars.....Imagine that?

C) Also imagine where many of these ideas came from; BC, which did better than Cata and MoP..[COLOR="red"]
    Hes calling the ideas elitism, not the person. Forcing extra difficult or extra long grinds are stupid. Even Mists is way to overboard with grinds. If I can play as good as that hardcore person in skill, why should I not be able to actually try? All the OP is asking is for people with stupid large amounts of game time to be so over geared that gear means more than skill.

TBC had little to no true difficulty anyway, flying was easy, epic flying was easy (it was only slow on a fresh toon, any toon that had some build up gold from vanilla should have had no trouble getting it if they really wanted), dungeons/heroics were easy (the ones people chain ran anyway). T4/T5 except vashj/kael were easy and via Badges you could buy fairly top end gear (my pally had similar stat numbers to t6 progressed ones without ever getting drops from t5 and above). Most of the mechanics were either simple or badly designed, for some reason people keep putting that with hard.

Not sure where you get that BC did better than MoP. In fact the early BC which was when heroics were hard lost subs from vanilla and it was only much later that they came back fast - surprisingly when most people could AoE farm heroics fast.
    Edit : It seems they peaked at 10mil about 8-10months prior to Wrath.

As for Ony - Requiring a item which needed to be skinned from a boss - ie requiring over max level skinning (RNG for one of your skinners to get one of the 2 +10 skinning drop items) to raid another tier effectively was silly. As bad as the resist sets farms from Vanilla and TBC. Imagine today needing 3-4 sets of gear extra, no one would have the bag space.

Player housing... we pretty much have what it is on our personal farms. Aside from moving it to a city and adding more gold sinks to it, its essentially what it is.
    Last edited by Dazu; 2013-04-25 at 11:59 PM.