Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiYeon View Post
    only an hour left.. everyone is just chatting now and sitting everywhere.
    it's funny when they made the announcement awhile ago, players were saying goodbyes. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hoist View Post
    actually, i just checked their skill tree and it is not complicated but more like wow hehe just saying
    havent tried wow. but yeah, their skill tree was alright.

Quote Originally Posted by kalilyrr View Post
    tell me about it. FUN SUCKERS!
    It has something to do with legal issues such as licencing a game.
    if you have 2 servers, for example SEA and NA then SEA players can access NA, what would be the point of having that server.
    Turf and control over the player base not to mention when item malls are implemented.

RO2 is really cool and all but It's really sad they changed the card system that ragnarok 1 had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    RO2 is really cool and all but It's really sad they changed the card system that ragnarok 1 had.
    Gravity pretty much took a dump over ragnarok online 2 (well same can be said after episode 10 on RO1), glad that RO1 creator is working in a new project with the initial design of ragnarok online in mind (the "spiritual sucesor" to RO1), It's pretty sad to know that the game that was extremely competitive and somewhat balanced (RO1)... I loved the game but RO2... why gravity, after you failed with R.O.S.E. :'(

I miss the good ol' WoE days and the competitive scene, playing tourneys and having tons of fun at WoEs, glad that GW2 and L2 tend to work around that massive pvp style.

So I saw a video where this lowbie thief was killing GTB. Alone.

?

So have they completely nullified the entire "get to max level and then start MVP hunting" aspect of RO1 that actually made it unique?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Gravity pretty much took a dump over ragnarok online 2 (well same can be said after episode 10 on RO1), glad that RO1 creator is working in a new project with the initial design of ragnarok online in mind (the "spiritual sucesor" to RO1), It's pretty sad to know that the game that was extremely competitive and somewhat balanced (RO1)... I loved the game but RO2... why gravity, after you failed with R.O.S.E. :'(

I miss the good ol' WoE days and the competitive scene, playing tourneys and having tons of fun at WoEs, glad that GW2 and L2 tend to work around that massive pvp style.
    omg me too.. but for me it is still playable..

Btw there is a game called Royal Quest. It's very nice and can be called spiritual successor of RO but with it's own ideas and many improvements over RO features (like castles)

well, the only thing lacking with ROSe ONLINE are updates. if they complete the seven planets a lot of players would still want to play it.

now i wonder when this "new project" will actually be finished. LOL i hope i don't have to wait 10years or so...

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

?

So have they completely nullified the entire "get to max level and then start MVP hunting" aspect of RO1 that actually made it unique?
    im not sure about this part but spice were added a bit on thief class

10+ Year Old Account

?

Well you could still solo amun-ra (iirc that was his name, the mvp sitting on the throne) with a high lvl merchant + priest (like lvl 70~ with some nice gear) .

Deleted
    do players have to download a new client for the release on May 1st?

do players have to download a new client for the release on May 1st?
    probably :3

Well you could still solo amun-ra (iirc that was his name, the mvp sitting on the throne) with a high lvl merchant + priest (like lvl 70~ with some nice gear) .
    The point is that they took away the meta game of going back to lowbie zones and MVP hunting for hours. I've really never seen that kind of gameplay in other games (not that there isn't there, I just haven't seen it). One of the reasons I'm really disappointed with RO2 -- it's just WoW with a ragnarok skin.

I don't know why everything tries to be like WoW. Well I do know why, since they all want a slice of the giant pie, but it's just getting old.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started RO in the original open beta, and I played for years. I've also quit for years, not without isolated waves of nostalgia and attempts to return (which ended within the first hour).

No interest in returning for the second act, unfortunately. Gravity did a lot of great things, though, a lot of decent memories. For example, I still like listening to my RO soundtrack ... but playing the game ... naaah ...

Good luck and happy leveling to all those returning!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiYeon View Post
    It has something to do with legal issues such as licencing a game.
    if you have 2 servers, for example SEA and NA then SEA players can access NA, what would be the point of having that server.
    Turf and control over the player base not to mention when item malls are implemented.
    well, how about having better latency? :P

yeah. i thought having a revamped card system is better since you can swap it at will but after seeing the initial cards, i'm not sure. maybe it'll be changed for better later or better cards will be introduced.

?

err, was this RO1 or RO2? i think a thief in RO1 would die in just 1 mammonite from a GTB.
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    err, was this RO1 or RO2? i think a thief in RO1 would die in just 1 mammonite from a GTB.
    Obviously RO2, by process of elimination.

Pretty hard to confuse the two, too.

Deleted
    probably :3
    oh okay. i thought players who joined the OBT will just have to update its patch...

Obviously RO2, by process of elimination.

Pretty hard to confuse the two, too.
    sorry bout that, mate. i wasn't able to reach far into the game. i stopped at level 10 just to keep my IGN safe :3

oh okay. i thought players who joined the OBT will just have to update its patch...
    wut? we have to download a new client?! OH NOES11!!!
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The graphics are turning me off. I miss my little sprites!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.