Shitty moderation once again

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ve-time/page10

Instead of infracting people violating rules we will just close a topic that goes against our democratic beliefs.

Keep up the shitty work guys.

If the gave out infractions to everyone that posted something bad jaylock would be banned after each post. You gotta realize its hard to monitor this many people.

If you have a problem with moderation PM Sunshine
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    you should know better that we don't open new threads for every closed one.....
    That itself is a infraction worth..
    Plus you are not in a Democracy here, you are on MMO Champion. With that you abide by the rules set by the owner, just like you abide by the rules of your neighbor, when you visit him in his house.. Your constitutional rights are left at the very doorstep.

And if you post iffy sources, and the majority dismisses it as not credible, then Democracy works as intended.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-04-26 at 08:30 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

All the forums I've seen close threads if the discussion strays to far from the topic. Whats your point?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been said a million times: Take moderation issues to Sunshine or another global mod, not to the forums.

Deleted
    you made a thread about this the other day, you're going to get the same response. message sunshine if you're not happy with the moderation

The thread was closed for valid reasons. There was no "discussion" going on. It was a bunch of back and forth sniping.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    This site isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship.
    And boubouille rules with an Iron Dick!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The thread was closed for valid reasons. There was no "discussion" going on. It was a bunch of back and forth sniping.
    Shouldn't the proper course of action be to infract/ban those who have been repeatedly warned for going off-topic instead of simply closing the thread? That happened a LOT in the Throne of Thunder thread and that never got closed until the race was done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    This site isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship.
    And boubouille rules with an Iron Dick!
    Taking into acount we the users don't pay anything to use it, Boubouille and Curse could damn well fill the forum with violet penises (penae?) and close every 4th new topic. It wouldn't be a successful business model, but they could.

If you want to use a forum you should abide by its rules..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Shouldn't the proper course of action be to infract/ban those who have been repeatedly warned for going off-topic instead of simply closing the thread? That happened a LOT in the Throne of Thunder thread and that never got closed until the race was done.
    The Throne of Thunder thread served a purpose beyond simple discussion: notification of the standings in the race.

The thread chadwix opened served no purpose other than a vehicle for discussion: zero discussion was taking place, just a meaningless back and forth of "We're better" "No we are!"

The thread was closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chadwix already mentioned the mods being *bad* apparently. I think he's looking for a fight.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The Throne of Thunder thread served a purpose beyond simple discussion: notification of the standings in the race.

The thread chadwix opened served no purpose other than a vehicle for discussion: zero discussion was taking place, just a meaningless back and forth of "We're better" "No we are!"

The thread was closed.
    I dunno, it seemed like there was potential discussion there. It's a major issue. Not sure how it was his fault people handle politics like babies, unless he was directly stoking it.

Deleted
    if the mod thinks a discussion can continue in the thread, or if there is a discussion and just a few people going off topic, it usually stays open, but if the whole thread has gone off topic and not constructive, just people insulting each other etc, it usually gets closed.

i havnt read the thread the op mentioned though, so don't know the situation there.

I dunno, it seemed like there was potential discussion there. It's a major issue. Not sure how it was his fault people handle politics like babies, unless he was directly stoking it.
    Nobody ever claimed it was his "fault." The simple fact is that there wasn't any discussion going on. For 10 pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...being-enforced

Please read the response to your other thread. If you have a problem with moderation, PM Sunshine with examples.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody ever claimed it was his "fault." The simple fact is that there wasn't any discussion going on. For 10 pages.
    So would he be allowed to make the thread again? Or not?

Why aren't infractions handed out to those starting the fights after a thread is closed?

I see a shitload of those threads get closed without a single infraction. It's a never ending cycle.

I think his issue is the shitty enforcement done. Just close a thread and let everyone off to go do it again somewhere else with a thinly veiled "don't go off topic plssss" at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Taking into acount we the users don't pay anything to use it, Boubouille and Curse could damn well fill the forum with violet penises (penae?) and close every 4th new topic. It wouldn't be a successful business model, but they could.

If you want to use a forum you should abide by its rules..
    This isn't a public service, it's a site that profits thanks to the traffic which determines the ad package revenue. The users drive it. If it wasn't profitable it would be shut down.

And if the rules were enforced the way they should be fewer people would complain. The first person to report wins too often. When 20 somethings are given power, it's often misused. That's why 20 somethings are rarely given power. You don't know wtf to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As always, bring up moderation concerns to Sunshine directly.