Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dendrome Discussion

They are about to show off the Dendrome right now, over on Twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/old

So far, they revealed that it is about 1.5x the size of Ember Isle.. and are currently going over lore, and pictures =)
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

That open world dungeon inside that hive they showed looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    That open world dungeon inside that hive they showed looks awesome!
    Yeah. Holy F that was big. Seriously hugemongous.
    Finally something for us non-raiders to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Yeah. Holy F that was big. Seriously hugemongous.
    Finally something for us non-raiders to do!

Yeah I have been hoping for some interesting and challenging open world content this sounds like it could be what I am looking for. Also wonder if that instance portal leads to the expert dungeon that appeared briefly on the expert dungeon list on the pts? Though of course they also mentioned a raid I think. I am leaning towards that being for the new 20 man coming in 2.4 maybe?
    Last edited by Calliso; 2013-04-26 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for "lack of content" worries

Here is the new map of the Dendrome, totally different from what we got to see in earlier builds

Nearly all the north part will be taken up by the main Hive of the Architects, which will be huge underground and will be an open World Raid. We got to see level 62 Elites, was a mention of the Architect Queen been the "boss" of it

**Edit**

Just announced, three new World Bosses are up on the PTS, Tier 2 ones

Also shown was an instance portal, i "think" i heard them say it was the Chronicle?

There was no date given for 2.3 seems there's a few more polishing passes to do but...confirmed is that next Wednesday's hotfix will bring in the Hellbug Rifts, the same Hellbugs in Trion's MMO Shooter Defiance.

On show was a Toxic Hellbug mount, one of three that can drop from a Hellbug fire rift

All in all, 2.3 and the sheer size of the Dendromme both above and below ground will keep players happy for a while.

**Edit**

Just announced, up for testing on the PTS are three World Bosses, Tier 2 ones!!

Dendrome open world raid boss sneak peek.

Hey everyone, we’ve decided to bring forward a sneak peek from the Dendrome! We’ve put three of the ‘open world raid bosses’ up on PTS. You can now find Ahkane the Eternal, Senbora the Devourer and Kaaz’Ra by The Infinity Gate in The Steppes of Infinity (17030,7569). A few notes:
    • These are Tier 2 raid encounters and require 500 Toughness/Hit
    • The encounters are out in public space, so you can bring as many friends as you want.
    • Being in public space we shifted the focus of the mechanics; lower complexity with higher execution challenges designed to kill individuals for mistakes, rather than the raid.
    • Some but not all of the bosses have had VFX passes; there are a few which still need to be updated.
    • Things probably aren’t balanced right now – there will be attacks that hit too hard/not hard enough.
    • We haven’t itemized these guys yet.
    • These guys are somewhat experimental in nature and we’ll need to tune them based on what we see on PTS, so we hope to see you there!

There will be bugs. Though hopefully the modular nature of these bosses (as they’re designed for the open world) will ensure that a dev does not need to assist in a reset. If killed they will respawn in three minutes.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...neak-peek.html
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2013-04-26 at 10:29 PM.

Deleted
    2.3 will be huge and fun patch as it seems!
    Still no word for strongholds but the coming weeks im sure we will learn more!
    New faction notoriety coming also with dendrome. Are we gonna finally see the Kirin mount as a reward from the new notoriety?Thats the first thing i thought....

10+ Year Old Account
    Jumped on the PTS and we formed an impromptu raid to tackle these three new World bosses, fun fights didn't take too long to get the few mechanics down so a few "learning" wipes later all three bosses dead

Elrar shoed up to loool i mean encourage us and even "helped" by respawning Sendora as we were fighting Kaa'ra

We settled for a look at the Hellbug mount

Oh, I like world bosses. Think they are fun. Sounds cool/fun.

New mount is ugly. Wtf...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they nailed the Hellbug pretty good in that mount. Is that Elrar on it? It looks like his attire. I'm guessing it some sort of promo to get it once 2.3 launches?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I think they nailed the Hellbug pretty good in that mount. Is that Elrar on it? It looks like his attire. I'm guessing it some sort of promo to get it once 2.3 launches?
    I am loving that mount. I like Defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    New mount is ugly. Wtf...
    Ugly is the new cute.

Hmm... maybe I'll pop in to the PTS and have a look at the bosses...

Deleted
    new mount is very nice

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This Defiance crossover bullshit has me smashing my face on my desk. If this is the road Rift is going down, I'm getting off the train. It's one thing to have pets and mounts like other games do from their other titles...but to actually put Rifts with the mobs from another game. Fuck that. That's as tasteless as you can get.
    BAD WOLF

What is this Defiance crossover exactly? I do not play shooting games usually. No idea what ya'll are blabbering on about. Educate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This Defiance crossover bullshit has me smashing my face on my desk. If this is the road Rift is going down, I'm getting off the train. It's one thing to have pets and mounts like other games do from their other titles...but to actually put Rifts with the mobs from another game. Fuck that. That's as tasteless as you can get.
    Dude.. what is with your defiance hate? It's an awesome game.. The Defiance cross over stuff looks amazing, I love it when companies do this. Sorry you don't like shooters.., but many of us do, please stop complaining.
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Dude.. what is with your defiance hate? It's an awesome game.. The Defiance cross over stuff looks amazing, I love it when companies do this. Sorry you don't like shooters.., but many of us do, please stop complaining.
    Eh, I'm of a differing opinion on Defiance (it's ok, but pretty shitty quality overall. Well below what Rift was at launch). I'm fine with mounts and stuff, but I don't really get the point of hellbug rifts : /

However, I'm laughing pretty hard at how the hellbug looks WAY better in Rift compared to Defiance. Like, the fidelity of the hellbug is so much higher in Rift, it's pretty funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Eh, I'm of a differing opinion on Defiance (it's ok, but pretty shitty quality overall. Well below what Rift was at launch). I'm fine with mounts and stuff, but I don't really get the point of hellbug rifts : /

However, I'm laughing pretty hard at how the hellbug looks WAY better in Rift compared to Defiance. Like, the fidelity of the hellbug is so much higher in Rift, it's pretty funny to me.
    I agree that there are a LOT of bugs in Defiance, it really wasn't ready for launch, but the core gameplay is a blast. It's basically Borderlands and Gears of War combined.

What exactly do you guys not like about it besides the fact that its buggy?
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    What exactly do you guys not like about it besides the fact that its buggy?
    Questing content (and content in general) is beyond repetitive and boring, with zero variation. Overall content is extremely minimal (I'm just waiting for them to patch actual content in at this point, I've done all the quests and completed the reasonable non-PvP related achievements), bugs out the ass, console handicaps like a terrible menu system/horrible graphical customization options, slow response time for patches (due to consoles), poor as shit writing and voicework that don't make me give a fuck about a single character, and tons of other gripes.

Basically, if you watch/listen to Angry Joes review, he almost literally says everything I was telling my friends during the first week after release. The foundation (shooting) is fine, but everything else is pretty damn generic and definitely lacking in quality. It's especially jarring as I (foolishly) expected how Trion handled Rift to be how they handled Defiance, and that has not been the case.

But this is a Rift topic, so let's keep it on Dendrome and I'm going to stop discussing Defiance here too. Shoot me a PM and we can chit chat (or chit chat in the Defiance thread in the video game forums).

I admit when I first heard/saw about the new hell bug rifts I did roll my eyes a little. But I think the new mount is awesome so I will be trying to get one! Really these kind of crossovers don't really bother me as long as they don't go too far. I mean hell bugs spawning in one type of rift to me isn't too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's called cross-promoting and it's a great idea. I'm glad Trion is doing it. You've been talking about quitting Rift in one way or another for quite some time now. Every post you make is something negative about the game. Please do us all a favor and quit already. You can mail your stuff to Synovia on Shatterbone.

BTW, Defiance is an excellent game and is doing quite well whether you like it or not.