Quote Originally Posted by mystimine90 View Post
    Hi,

I am next in line to get UVLS if it drops. I was planning on using it originally as Aff, but after browsing through a variety of material on lock dps, including these forums, I decided it was worth giving Demo a shot. I played Demo briefly last tier (H Feng/Windlord) so I have an idea of how to optimally do the rotation. Problem is, a lot of the fights are more hectic in this tier and it seem like it would be more difficult to do the rotation perfectly. I was wondering how important the following actions are for Demo (in terms of dps loss when not performed on time/when not performed at all):

1) Shadowflame weaving and going into Meta when the 2 stack of HoG is about to be applied
    2) Refreshing corruption only with Touch of Chaos instead of hard casting corruption

The main thing I'm worried about is not hitting these points exactly, and more importantly, having Meta be on its 10 second CD as UVLS procs.
    Well those things might not be gamebreaking if you don't do it, but you just gotta practice enough so it just sits that deep into your brain so you don't have to think about it, refreshing corruption with ToC shouldn't be a problem with UVLS anyway as u will have so much DF from the imps that ur meta uptime will just be extreme compared to without (then add in 4 set aswell and it just becomes insane).

If you have to think too much during a raid you will most likely fail on mechanics, so just go slowly with it, but meta isn't really that hard just HoG -> 2x shadow bolts or 1 shadow bolt 2 instant casts (you can also fit in 3x Soul Fires with the 8097 haste breakpoint) -> HoG and go into meta, without any haste procs that is. if u got meta just add in 1 more cast after first HoG. That's atleast what I go after.

Btw, just a question. Anyone that knows of any exact "haste breakpoints" when it comes to the metaweave, like at what haste u can fit in how many casts of spell before 2nd HoG cast? I was thinking that those breakpoints might give small dps boosts if any existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Well those things might not be gamebreaking if you don't do it, but you just gotta practice enough so it just sits that deep into your brain so you don't have to think about it, refreshing corruption with ToC shouldn't be a problem with UVLS anyway as u will have so much DF from the imps that ur meta uptime will just be extreme compared to without (then add in 4 set aswell and it just becomes insane).

If you have to think too much during a raid you will most likely fail on mechanics, so just go slowly with it, but meta isn't really that hard just HoG -> 2x shadow bolts or 1 shadow bolt 2 instant casts (you can also fit in 3x Soul Fires with the 8097 haste breakpoint) -> HoG and go into meta, without any haste procs that is. if u got meta just add in 1 more cast after first HoG. That's atleast what I go after.

Btw, just a question. Anyone that knows of any exact "haste breakpoints" when it comes to the metaweave, like at what haste u can fit in how many casts of spell before 2nd HoG cast? I was thinking that those breakpoints might give small dps boosts if any existed.
    Absolutely agree with your thoughts on practice, and I intend to try Demo for at least a few weeks before I decide between Demo and Aff. I was just wondering more as a roughly how much would my theoretical max dps decrease while I'm getting the hang of it and not doing these things perfectly. Also, is it common to run into Meta CD problems with UVLS procs while weaving + ToC refreshing? That's probably my single biggest fear, I'd be alot more open to Demo if that CD wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by mystimine90 View Post
    Absolutely agree with your thoughts on practice, and I intend to try Demo for at least a few weeks before I decide between Demo and Aff. I was just wondering more as a roughly how much would my theoretical max dps decrease while I'm getting the hang of it and not doing these things perfectly. Also, is it common to run into Meta CD problems with UVLS procs while weaving + ToC refreshing? That's probably my single biggest fear, I'd be alot more open to Demo if that CD wasn't there.
    With the UVLS the demo playstyle is just slightly different... when you enter meta to weave HoG or ToC refresh you need to stay in meta for the full 10sec duration of the Meta cooldown that way there is no chance you miss a trinket proc to get back into meta and apply doom. With UVLS you get tons of fury and the 2piece and 4 piece will also help you.. and if you stack haste you will be swimming in fury and staying in meta for 10secs while HoG weaving should not be a problem. The main point is DO NOT LEAVE META if it is on CD

Also a side question i had.. do any of you locks out there use Weak Auras or any other addon that can alert to when a trinket like UVLS procs... i watched some of the Raden kill vids and one lock had the UVLS icon pop up as big as life when it procced, it looks like he was using Weak Auras addon.. could someone explain to me how i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stedy View Post
    With the UVLS the demo playstyle is just slightly different... when you enter meta to weave HoG or ToC refresh you need to stay in meta for the full 10sec duration of the Meta cooldown that way there is no chance you miss a trinket proc to get back into meta and apply doom. With UVLS you get tons of fury and the 2piece and 4 piece will also help you.. and if you stack haste you will be swimming in fury and staying in meta for 10secs while HoG weaving should not be a problem. The main point is DO NOT LEAVE META if it is on CD

Also a side question i had.. do any of you locks out there use Weak Auras or any other addon that can alert to when a trinket like UVLS procs... i watched some of the Raden kill vids and one lock had the UVLS icon pop up as big as life when it procced, it looks like he was using Weak Auras addon.. could someone explain to me how i do that?
    Code:
     diJacaGlLOxlL0CvQMnc3wv2jOAVKDJY(vc)KQu)vf(Tedvk1GvsgUO6Gi1XePZbIfsvOftv1YPYtHwgvjphvhwQMQQAYanDkFdGlrvWLfUoI2iiTnKSzvA7akNwX0eLpRI(ovrJuP0ZaLrRumEavNukULuIRbiNxeJtj1WOQ8yjTs1x4iSHzH72RXEtTW470(hIXso2sYSWDaTuj5bi98eYfMUmBjGLqe(eckeuFHGdpNONGwV2kxOhYfwlfcWINm5rHa377LhMGsTgaaaWGKbJccK1uarPBlzWeM499YdtqPsbqLT2lizuastbciV0TLSmHU4CkSFsEiCQfMqg577MZZWXf8uHD2862uy6l81hM(cTK8qyUl4Hjm3f8WeMtsWdzYe2jTI8l0CZ5z40xiR)cU(cEQW2H7gvBXk65jtMWbuy7WDJQTyf98e65aABeCyu(eUjMZnMGdJYNqWHNt0tAQfMWgMfUBVg7n1cJVt7Figl5yljZc3b0sLKhG0ZtirPdQVqxHi0x4JKWg9LjtMmHD9f2oC3OAlwrppHnmlC3En2BQfgFN2)qmwYXwsMfUdOLkjpaPNNmHatWtZ85tMe
    That should take care of the UVLS proc.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Code:
     diJacaGlLOxlL0CvQMnc3wv2jOAVKDJY(vc)KQu)vf(Tedvk1GvsgUO6Gi1XePZbIfsvOftv1YPYtHwgvjphvhwQMQQAYanDkFdGlrvWLfUoI2iiTnKSzvA7akNwX0eLpRI(ovrJuP0ZaLrRumEavNukULuIRbiNxeJtj1WOQ8yjTs1x4iSHzH72RXEtTW470(hIXso2sYSWDaTuj5bi98eYfMUmBjGLqe(eckeuFHGdpNONGwV2kxOhYfwlfcWINm5rHa377LhMGsTgaaaWGKbJccK1uarPBlzWeM499YdtqPsbqLT2lizuastbciV0TLSmHU4CkSFsEiCQfMqg577MZZWXf8uHD2862uy6l81hM(cTK8qyUl4Hjm3f8WeMtsWdzYe2jTI8l0CZ5z40xiR)cU(cEQW2H7gvBXk65jtMWbuy7WDJQTyf98e65aABeCyu(eUjMZnMGdJYNqWHNt0tAQfMWgMfUBVg7n1cJVt7Figl5yljZc3b0sLKhG0ZtirPdQVqxHi0x4JKWg9LjtMmHD9f2oC3OAlwrppHnmlC3En2BQfgFN2)qmwYXwsMfUdOLkjpaPNNmHatWtZ85tMe
    That should take care of the UVLS proc.
    Is that the huge one Zinnin made? Because I totally took that Aura and cut it down to just the text timer and use it now. >_>

Is it worth it to line up imps with the Meta gem over dark soul under every circumstance? Lately I've been able to use my second imps ~1 min - 50 seconds left on my dark soul if I'm lucky enough to get a meta proc in between dark soul CDs and then the absurd CD reduction lets me use the third while I have dark soul up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Is it worth it to line up imps with the Meta gem over dark soul under every circumstance? Lately I've been able to use my second imps ~1 min - 50 seconds left on my dark soul if I'm lucky enough to get a meta proc in between dark soul CDs and then the absurd CD reduction lets me use the third while I have dark soul up
    Heh beat me too it . My gut feeling tells me its worth it, as the main reason you line up imp swarm with dark soul is to make up for the penalty of losing one imp if you hadn't glyphed it. But popping it along the haste meta buff has that haste affecting all five imps which I imagine outweighs the loss of the imp as unglyphed your almost certainly not going to be getting the meta proccing for every imp. I imagine worth delaying it if its like 20 seconds left to dark soul being off cd but as I said, gut feeling says that getting more imps off outweighs lining up with dark soul unless your aiming for specific burst windows.

If you can get enough haste procs when hitting imps you can get 2x per darksoul but that takes some doing. Trolls have an easier time of this due to their racial but basically if your raid warps early you can line up a meta gem proc + warp + say shadowpan trinket and get the CD down below 1 minute. Timing glyph use to just after an imp procs naturally should be a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    If you can get enough haste procs when hitting imps you can get 2x per darksoul but that takes some doing. Trolls have an easier time of this due to their racial but basically if your raid warps early you can line up a meta gem proc + warp + say shadowpan trinket and get the CD down below 1 minute. Timing glyph use to just after an imp procs naturally should be a given.
    It necessarily shouldn't. It's really risky kind of to hold off your wild imps if you know your metagem recently procced for example, but if you know it haven't procced for like 1 min then maybe you should do it. It's not always "hold until proc", especially not since then coef fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Is that the huge one Zinnin made? Because I totally took that Aura and cut it down to just the text timer and use it now. >_>
    Nah it's just me needing to be spoonfed my procs. :P
    on a different, and slightly off-topic note:

Have you EVER seen more imps?
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    GoSB IRL cuts your dps in half. SB damage used to be 2M on any kills, after using GoSB it felt down to 800K.
    No reason to use Imo.

10+ Year Old Account

You just made my morning, thanks.

Oh my god. That is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    GoSB IRL cuts your dps in half. SB damage used to be 2M on any kills, after using GoSB it felt down to 800K.
    No reason to use Imo.

There's no possible way this is right. Feel free to provide a log that shows it, but I seriously doubt it.

No reason to use Imo.
    I'm blanking. What's SB/GoSB in the context of Demo?

Glyph of Shadowbolt I believe? I know they changed it so it doesn't provide a smoothing out of RNG through individual crits, but I didn't heart of anything about changing DPS potential through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm blanking. What's SB/GoSB in the context of Demo?
    Shadow Bolt/Glyph of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Glyph of Shadowbolt I believe? I know they changed it so it doesn't provide a smoothing out of RNG through individual crits, but I didn't heart of anything about changing DPS potential through it.
    There was a post concerning higher proc rate. Unlikely, tested it in HoF.

There was a post concerning higher proc rate. Unlikely, tested it in HoF.
    No reason to use Imo.

That's twice in a few hours that you've made posts that say "I'm right, you're wrong and I'm doing nothing to prove it." Post something other than your opinion and you'll have my interest.