Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Actually, if you want someone to be bitten, this someone should pull the boss while everyone else stay far away (in the room, obviously) and do NOTHING (not even getting closer to the guy who has pulled if you're connected). The guy who has pulled will be bitten.
    I think it's because he is the only one who has any kind of threat on her. Or maybe not, I don't really understand why it works. But it works, we've done it several times.
    I believe she bites the first closest to third on the threat list. Examples:

10 people in raid, 4 on threat list. #3 gets bitten
    4 people in raid, 2 on threat list. #2 gets bitten

She won't bite the two tanks (the two with blood mirror) unless she has to and if she does have to, she'll pick the one with lower threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    It can be a bit tricky since you MUST have had the Blood Mirror debuff for a brief second during the fight (before the bites, as I recall). Let the lock/shammy do the pull and, after you get Blood Mirror, taunt if off him/her and do the rest of the fight normally (with the brezzes). You just need to make sure that whoever's helping you doesn't steal aggro during the first crucial seconds of the fight due to the Blood Mirror and bite requirements.

I have never tried to switch weapons but I'm quite sure you MUST be equipping it during the Blood Mirror and being bitten/biting parts (after you bite someone the first time you gain a dot debuff that will stack with each sucessive bite).
    you need to have the wep equiped when you get blood mirror (else you wont get the debuff) and you need to have it equiped when you bite, everything inbetween doesn't matter (talking from experience) but, you need to remember to change weapon (again, talking from experience)

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    woop woop 6/6 heroic bwd

6 more fights to go (actually, 3, since Ultraxion/Conclave = no, and I won't do spine)
    Grats =]! What's the news on Heroic Madness?

185k DPS Oo

It might be late, but I don't understand your question o:
    I meant your proggress on soloing it but I see I missed something and you had done it already :P. How'd you even outlast the berserk? I reckon phase 2 begins regardless if you move to Ysera's platform or not after his last grip has fallen.

- Edit -

So it seems it is posted. I had not even a remote remembrance regarding his ticking damage/energy. Guess I always assumed it grew as his hp went low (which seemed to make sense). And as such, I've never really paid attention to his energy lowering decreasing the tick damage as well. But then again, he can only heal on Heroic and since I didn't do the fight at the propper time for it to be the challenge it should, this mechanic passed by unnoticed.

Enough babbling. Grats on the kill =]
    Last edited by Chromell; 2013-04-27 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry if im late to the soloing party but how easy is it for a fresh lvl 90 unholy dk in ilvl 440ish gear to solo kael thas? is there anything special i should do during phase 3 of the advisors? it seems to be the phase i have the most trouble with on all my characters.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Pop all your cooldowns before the advisors go back (army and everything), and use AMS just before Capernian is back and destroy her. The 3 others are easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    and how much easier is it to do as blood dk?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

I don't know if it's that much easier, but I don't know how Kael'thas's mind controll gimmick works exactly. If you are alone, he shouldn't Mind Controll you during the actual fight with him. Issues however arrise because, as Blood, you are not alone, you always have Bloodworms.

EDIT: I still use the old way as a Frost knight to beat the encounter, as just zerging it at phase 3 is still killing me. I engage so that Kael'thas can do his dialogue and run out of the boss area, and kill each of the advisors in a different place, far away from eachother, like, the rooms of the other bosses, the two melee guys can stick together, they arn't much of a threat. This way, when Phase 3 hits and all advisors go at once at you, they have to travel quite a bit, giving you the time to deal with them one at a time. Kael'thas will come to you as well after that.

On a sidenote: Today I'm going to try and solo the last two achievements for the Frostbrood Vanquisher, or rather, solo one, the other one I recieve help from a healer(portal jockey)
    Last edited by susaku; 2013-04-27 at 09:12 AM.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe if you have a pet he mind controls it and you fight it....to the death. not sure if that resets him or not though i heard it does. (never got that far with my warlock so im not 100% either. only managed to solo it as prot/arms on my warrior.)

Deleted
    Bloodworms do not count as minions and will not make you susceptible to Mind Control, the T15 2-Piece Zandalari Warriors however will cause you to get MC'd and with it reset the encounter.

Kel'thas dosen't MC tanks, and everyone who have been hit recently counts as tank and as you are the main target as blood dk the MC shouldn't be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get Mind Controlled sometimes as Blood. No T15 bonus, just bloodworms. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Easier as Frost or Unholy anyway.

Mione, whats the addon for the Blood Shield and Vengeance buffs, that shows the shield/ap amount? Fancy.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I get Mind Controlled sometimes as Blood. No T15 bonus, just bloodworms. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Easier as Frost or Unholy anyway.

Mione, whats the addon for the Blood Shield and Vengeance buffs, that shows the shield/ap amount? Fancy.
    TellMeWhen

Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post

On a sidenote: Today I'm going to try and solo the last two achievements for the Frostbrood Vanquisher, or rather, solo one, the other one I recieve help from a healer(portal jockey)
    Portal jockey isn't gonna happen with only 2 person unless u can heal her to full before any portal even spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    Bloodworms do not count as minions and will not make you susceptible to Mind Control.
    That's incorrect.

You can be MC'ed because your Blood Worms are considered a player target. Kael has been able to Mind Control a tank target since 5.04, too.

I used to spec out of Blood Worms pre-MoP because of the Mind Control, but you don't have that luxury any more. I'd suggest a DPS spec with Death Siphon or Conversion.

I got the Lichking to 39% on my first first ever attempt last night. Killed all the orbs the first time thru, the second time thru i missed one and it blew me all the way back to Goldshire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    That's incorrect.

You can be MC'ed because your Blood Worms are considered a player target. Kael has been able to Mind Control a tank target since 5.04, too.

I used to spec out of Blood Worms pre-MoP because of the Mind Control, but you don't have that luxury any more. I'd suggest a DPS spec with Death Siphon or Conversion.
    Really? Figured they had made Bloodworms not count for MC as of MoP since it's rather stupid to have a default ability that randomly spawns "minions" count for MCs. Guess I've just been lucky on all my attempts (although it's been a long time since I did KT as Blood).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorbitance View Post
    Portal jockey isn't gonna happen with only 2 person unless u can heal her to full before any portal even spawns.
    It's fairly east to heal it to full before they spawn on 10 man. On 25man you'd probably want 4-5 healers, perhaps even more.
    Hi

Have you covered the available self buffs somewhere or is it just simply. Food, elixir, pre-pot, drums, scroll.......( sorry if i sound noobish )

woop woop 6/6 heroic bwd

6 more fights to go (actually, 3, since Ultraxion/Conclave = no, and I won't do spine)
    Just when I am god damn proud I can do NORMAL Chimaeron (thanks for telling me about DRW+LB it helped a TON) you go in and kill heroic
    anyways, quick question;
    judging your hp in that screenshot, did you use tank gear for chimaeron hardmode? or is your gear just that sick that you got over 250k more hp than I have in dps gear
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.