10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    49ers got a bunch more picks from Tennessee for just 6 fucking spots.
    It really is amazing watching the good teams vs. the bad teams in regards to the draft. The Raiders don't get much for the 3rd overall pick and move 1/3 of the way down the 1st round, the Cowboys barely get anything to move half way down the 1st round ... Meanwhile, the Pats get 4 picks for what is essentially a high 2nd round pick and the 9er's get multiple picks to only move back 6 spots.

Crazy.

Is Minter or Cyprien still available?
    Last edited by Elbren; 2013-04-26 at 11:57 PM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Is Minter or Cyprien still available?
    Cyprien went to the Jags and Minter to the Cardinals.

Pats take a DE/OLB rusher, who wasn't rated very high I think. Not sure with this pick. I think I'd rather have seen a CB. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks traded down with the Ravens for a 5th and 6th round pick

imokwiththis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    God damn it I was hoping the Jets would take Barkley for even more lulz.
    inorite?

as for Geno sticking around, I think he was just expressing his disappointment when he said he was leaving, I figured the backlash of him tucking his tail and running would keep him from going so it was no surprise to see him stay

and Ravens filled two big needs, this was a great 2nd round, a lot of guys teams were rumored to be taking in the first they ended up taking in the 2nd, gee it would've been neat if my team had a 2nd round pick

I really like Denver taking Montee Ball. Dude was about as reliable as it gets at the RB position.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESPN coverage of the draft ends when Mathieu gets drafted, sucks to be somebody who gets drafted in the 4 spots after him and gets totally ignored, here come the Saints again

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the seahawks pick. We lost a RB with Leon. Though I still would rather see a TE over him. Maybe the best pick available was what they got.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Nice little article on Jerry Jones and his equally-unqualified son.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    The move with the #34 pick by the Niners was amazing, trade down six spots, get another third round pick next year, and still get the guy I wanted in Tank Carradine.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints moved up and got Jenkins, hells yea, they managed to pull in a 4th for Ivory, which was pretty much as good as they were gonna get, and ended up with a solid NT prospect out of it, not bad

it was good to see Gleason, tough though, and more competition at LT is welcome

also loved the Chargers pick of Keenan Allen, that is terrific value at #76, the depth of this draft really showed, the 2nd and 3rd rounds were close to as good as the 1st
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-04-27 at 06:27 AM.

Well, I wonder if the Jets found a QB yet. Hell, maybe they can pick up Barkley too, and have 6 QBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barkley has gotten so screwed, from top 10 pick last year to 4th round or later this year

everybody is gonna come out as juniors now, he's gonna end up a backup some place with no chance to play instead of being one of the 5 rookie starters a year ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Green Bay still got Eddie Lacy. He hung around that long.

And after Dallas' bad decisions the first round, they got a no-name tight end and a wide receiver they don't need. Lovely....

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...restling-story

Lane Johnson, the Eagles new first round pick LT, apparently told the press a story that he used to wrestle bears on his uncle's farm. It was all nonsense of course, but hilarious all the same. Should be an entertaining guy in the league.

he was destined to be a jet

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the picks Dallas made yesterday, and now that I've researched him I even like Frederick, I still don't think he was the right choice for 31. I really like the Wilcox and Williams picks. I feel the tight end was a reach for a guy we didn't really need, but Witten can't play forever and Escobar reminds me in many ways of Wit coming out of college, so I can get behind that pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I like the picks Dallas made yesterday, and now that I've researched him I even like Frederick, I still don't think he was the right choice for 31. I really like the Wilcox and Williams picks. I feel the tight end was a reach for a guy we didn't really need, but Witten can't play forever and Escobar reminds me in many ways of Wit coming out of college, so I can get behind that pick.
    Cowboys weren't the only ones getting more TE's, Cincy added one too, even though they have a good one. It's a copycat league and NE's succes with double TE sets has not gone unnoticed. We'll have to see if teams have more widely adjusted to that kind of offence or if 2 TE sets continue to evolve and be succesful.

Barkley to the Eagles surprised me, but hey, it's 4th round, it's value for the pick at this point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Barkley in the 4th is really good value even if he doesn't fit the scheme. Surprised they traded up to get him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's any other Alabama fans here, but I am highly surprised Barrett Jones dropped all the way to the fourth round. he played all three spots on the offensive line, and was an All-American in all three.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't think there's any other Alabama fans here, but I am highly surprised Barrett Jones dropped all the way to the fourth round. he played all three spots on the offensive line, and was an All-American in all three.
    I hate Bama with a fiery passion, but I am damn surprised too. He can play guard, iirc, but even if he was C only you'd think a guy of his skill would go higher.

Shoelace taken by the Jags. Grats Denard, you found a team where you are the best QB on the roster.