Frost Bomb issue?

Sorry to bother you guys, but I am having an issue with Frost Bomb as a frost mage.

Its just sometimes it just dissapears of the mobs I place it on. No idea why or how, but it does land on them because the ability is on cooldown and I am hit capped so it can't miss. No damage, no Brain Freeze proc. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else, because its occured to me three times now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowserkills7 View Post
    Sorry to bother you guys, but I am having an issue with Frost Bomb as a frost mage.

Its just sometimes it just dissapears of the mobs I place it on. No idea why or how, but it does land on them because the ability is on cooldown and I am hit capped so it can't miss. No damage, no Brain Freeze proc. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else, because its occured to me three times now.
    Maybe it dies before exploding ?

Anyway there's a good chance NT would be better for you

some mobs don't actually die.. they turn back to stone or fade out or vanish when you kill them.. since they never died your frost bomb didn't trigger on death.

even on fights where there is AOE, NT still outdoes Frost Bomb.

It does? Show me.. I want numbers

Its not in a raid. Its happened while hunting rares, so far to Bonobos, Major Nanners and Scritch (all Hozen).
    Just kind of weird.

And is NT really that good, even with freezing them before explosions for a 100% crit? Hmm...

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    And is NT really that good, even with freezing them before explosions for a 100% crit? Hmm...
    You can freeze targets before throwing NT, and it gains mastery+shatter for the entire duration as well. But yes, NT is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    I'll dig up some logs. I'll be looking at Horridon, as it has the most predictable AOE.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 07:38 AM ----------

Gear is slightly different between those logs, but not enough to warrant a 50k dps difference.

Horridon logs w/ Frost Bomb: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9q...?s=2419&e=3098
    Horridon logs w/ Nether Tempest: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cg...?s=3821&e=4267

When it comes to AoE, I'd rather multi-dot w/ NT. I play Frost so I'm shooting for more BF procs and with the amount of haste I have my NT ticks like crazy.
    I may be reading the site wrong or something... but what i'm seeing is frost bomb doing 24 mil over the fight while nether tempest only did 19 mil and with frost bomb you had higher dps overall as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    I may be reading the site wrong or something... but what i'm seeing is frost bomb doing 24 mil over the fight while nether tempest only did 19 mil and with frost bomb you had higher dps overall as well.
    NT > FB by a long shot, I tested it a lot on horridon/tortos/council or whatever.

On bosses you cannot freeze em, and on horridon there's only the smaller adds who can br frozen, not worth it. NT also adds mobility and scales a lot more.

From every raid I did since the NT buff, NT > FB in single AND on AoE/Cleave bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    I'll dig up some logs. I'll be looking at Horridon, as it has the most predictable AOE.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 07:38 AM ----------

Gear is slightly different between those logs, but not enough to warrant a 50k dps difference.

Horridon logs w/ Frost Bomb: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9q...?s=2419&e=3098
    Horridon logs w/ Nether Tempest: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cg...?s=3821&e=4267

When it comes to AoE, I'd rather multi-dot w/ NT. I play Frost so I'm shooting for more BF procs and with the amount of haste I have my NT ticks like crazy.
    This really isn't even a fair comparison. The fight with frostbomb was 220secs longer, which lowered your overall dps. Even the lock did 100k more on the 2nd log, so I seriously don't think that was just nether tempest. Hell, your whole raid did at least 20k more each, so it wasn't the spell, more like the tactic increased your raid's dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those questioning Nether Tempest... NT is by far the most overpowered dot a class could have (I say that without actually really looking at other classes).. but I can tell you this.. as a 516ilvl Mage currently having experienced 12/12 ToT and 4/12 HC ToT (not to brag, just saying I have done most fights with extensive experience with all bomb talents.. NT is always (if used properly, multidotting, etc) 50%+ of my damage on aoe fights, and 30%+ on non aoe fights. You can apply NT to any number of targets, and hits enemies around each of those enemies that have them applied. Seriously, best bomb talent by far, even in fire spec i use NT.

Also, casting frost bomb for however long it takes is just not worth it over a gcd nt. plus, frost bomb doesn't do enough damage to nonfrozen targets to be viable on most fights in ToT.

I need to dig up an addon to track NT, currently the beauty of FB is that when the spell comes off cool you cast it versus NT your constantly looking to see if the thing is about to expire. Also when your multi-dotting with NT, your not doing much else in an AoE situation and you need to track DoT's on 5+ targets.

Is there an addon that will show you those 5+ targets with NT? That also allows you to reapply NT without having to tab thru them (aka sticks a potrait of each mob on your screen you can then use to cast next NT).

I went with Mage class over warlock because I find DoT'ing boring as hell, and here goes Blizz making a DoT bomb the best bomb choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage Nuggets, has a nice frame showing your bombs you have up and time remaining, as well it will show the bar timer for as many as you have put out on targets as well as the names of the targets for easy tracking.

Here's a straight answer, seeing as you have yet to receive one. Yes, it did happen on my mage and does happen constantly. Regardless if it's an open world or raid instance FB blast sometimes refuses to register. The worst thing is when it bugs out it does so till the mob in question dies. The most regular occurrence is with Zandalari colossus - 50% of my kills are with FB just dropping off and not doing damage/proccing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    Here's a straight answer, seeing as you have yet to receive one. Yes, it did happen on my mage and does happen constantly. Regardless if it's an open world or raid instance FB blast sometimes refuses to register. The worst thing is when it bugs out it does so till the mob in question dies. The most regular occurrence is with Zandalari colossus - 50% of my kills are with FB just dropping off and not doing damage/proccing anything.
    Thank you. Was wondering if it was only happening to me.
    It is super annoying, because I automatically hit BF after its supposed to explode and when it doesn't, I just begin casting it. Bah.