Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Just finished the second episode, it was ok. I expected more development of Nolan, but it gave me at least some. My main reason for posting is a question though; Does anyone know who sings the Nirvana cover that was during the final scene? I love Nirvana, and I also loved that cover. I'm currently driving myself insane trying to find the cover amongst 1000000 other covers on youtube.
    http://www.primarywavemusic.com/news...M4My1kYzQzZjc/

Looks like Civil Twilight. Great cover too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the second episode, it was ok. I expected more development of Nolan, but it gave me at least some. My main reason for posting is a question though; Does anyone know who sings the Nirvana cover that was during the final scene? I love Nirvana, and I also loved that cover. I'm currently driving myself insane trying to find the cover amongst 1000000 other covers on youtube.
    Ah sweet. Thanks for the reminder. I was watching the NBA playoffs and totally forgot about it airing tonight at 9pm

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    http://www.primarywavemusic.com/news...M4My1kYzQzZjc/

Looks like Civil Twilight. Great cover too.
    Thank you so much!!! Yep that is it, think I know what im listening to for the forseeable future.

I expected more development of Nolan,
    Wait, did they start developing characters? Because I must have missed that in the first episode (missing the first showing of E2, going to watch it later).

So I'm getting EXTREMELY frustrated trying to get the Armistice Celebration event to spawn for me. It's the last event I need to complete the Armistice Festival event, and I've literally spent at least 4-5 hours looking for it throughout the course of the past 3 or so days. I've tried all the known spawn points regularly throughout the day, and I've had no such luck. The two times I saw it, it immediately despawned when I was trying to complete it. It looks like it is both buggy and a rare occurrence. I hate to say it, but Trion really dropped the ball on this "episodic content".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    So I'm getting EXTREMELY frustrated trying to get the Armistice Celebration event to spawn for me. It's the last event I need to complete the Armistice Festival event, and I've literally spent at least 4-5 hours looking for it throughout the course of the past 3 or so days. I've tried all the known spawn points regularly throughout the day, and I've had no such luck. The two times I saw it, it immediately despawned when I was trying to complete it. It looks like it is both buggy and a rare occurrence. I hate to say it, but Trion really dropped the ball on this "episodic content".
    Every one of the episode events has a set spot it can spawn. In order for it to spawn you have to clear out the other events in the surrounding area. It will eventually spawn in the set area. Since Armistice Celebration is Raiders just go to the hill top about 120m southwest of the Miwok Hills race challenge. Complete the events on the hilltop, and the ones surrounding it. The Armistice Celebration will eventually spawn and you'll get the completion for the pursuit.

I got it to spawn twice in the same exact spot doing the same exact thing. All in a short period of time. Once was by accident when I was clearing out a rancher stuck on land mine event just for the fun of it. The second was when I directed people asking for it in clan chat and tested out the method to make sure it worked, and it did. While they could have had better indicators for the events (like maybe a marker on the world map like for ark falls and shadow war) it does fit for the type of event of random pilgrims being attacked.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm quite enjoying this game. Mostly playing it as a sandbox, doing missions and races and such as I drive past them. I also really, really like running people over.
    I don't have a lot of time right now because real life got real busy suddenly so can anyone tell me how the game holds up after like 100 hours of play? If it's even good enough to reach 100 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Wait, did they start developing characters? Because I must have missed that in the first episode (missing the first showing of E2, going to watch it later).
    Yeah they have a portion of the show where Nolan talks with the Mine Owner about how he used to live in St Louis and his family used to go from place to place. Gives at least a little backstory to the child looking up and his mother pulling him away. Arisa got a little more developed, and I can see her backstory being quite a good episode. Don't know if they plan to slowly develop or utilize an entire episode in the future to do flashbacks.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elexo View Post
    I'm quite enjoying this game. Mostly playing it as a sandbox, doing missions and races and such as I drive past them. I also really, really like running people over.
    I don't have a lot of time right now because real life got real busy suddenly so can anyone tell me how the game holds up after like 100 hours of play? If it's even good enough to reach 100 hours.
    I am well over 100 hours, and its still enjoyable. At that point it becomes more about leveling weapons, getting keycodes, and playing PvP. Capture and Hold not being implemented and PvP pursuits not working properly is somewhat annoying. Some people have already capped all of their weapons by 100 hours, and how they are doing it I cannot fathom. The highest level weapon that I have is 12, and that took some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexo View Post
    Depends. As Elgand will tell you, he still enjoys it, but after 200 hours (in the Alpha) I was more than happy to never log in again (or buy the game). Felt waaay to un-polished, and there wasn't that much different to do once you finished the story.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Depends. As Elgand will tell you, he still enjoys it, but after 200 hours (in the Alpha) I was more than happy to never log in again (or buy the game). Felt waaay to un-polished, and there wasn't that much different to do once you finished the story.
    200 hours in any game is enough to get sick of it though...

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    200 hours in any game is enough to get sick of it though...
    4 years in WoW not sick of it
    3 years in Minecraft not sick of it
    2 years in Rift before I got sick of it

took me ~400 hours played to get sick of GW2.

200 is low for me when I 'get into' a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any new patches? I'm still debating this one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    Any new patches? I'm still debating this one lol
    Wait till a 50% off deal IMO.

There's also that 20% off deal a few pages back at GMG. If you really want to try it now, that might be the best deal, at $48.

There's also that 20% off deal a few pages back at GMG. If you really want to try it now, that might be the best deal, at $48.
    Or you could wait till a steam sale.
    (also, I've already seen 50% off sales.)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Or you could wait till a steam sale.
    (also, I've already seen 50% off sales.)
    I'm probably waiting for a Steam sale aswell. A significant one.

200 is low for me when I 'get into' a game.
    Well, comparing it to games that had to continue adding content and updates to keep you interested, 200 hours is pretty high in your list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I'm probably waiting for a Steam sale aswell. A significant one.
    If you don't mind a crude google-translated german reseller : http://www.gameladen.com/theme.php?id=27
    Standard edition for 25€ and Deluxe for 35€

I've already bought some games there, they usually send the steam key within 15 minutes after ordering.
    And nope, they don't sell any mmo currency, leveling services or accounts.

Yeah while i kinda like the show i will try and pinch this game for a bargain before i give it a shot. Sounds like a pretty interesting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Well, comparing it to games that had to continue adding content and updates to keep you interested, 200 hours is pretty high in your list.
    What MMO doesn't add new content, other than Hello Kitty Online (I'm being serious with that, they haven't updated in 3+ years, don't ask how I learned that lol).