Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Maou sama loli episode? I'm not sure I can follow, didn't really see anything loli-like :/
    The child Emilia before she was taken from her father and made into the hero
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-04-27 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    The child Emilia before she was taken from her father and made into the hero
    That's stretching it so far it adds an entire sub-text to mentioning a loli.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well, I watched the Evangelion 3.33 and... On one hand, it's an amazing take on the Evangelion franchise. On the other, it's so confusing. I would not understand a tenth of it if I was not a fan of Evangelion already, with more background knowledge of the series' world than I'd like to admit.
    I was quite disappointed with 3.0. The first two rebuild movies kinda works without seeing the TV series and EoE, but with this, as you said, you won't understand much without having an extensive knowledge of the franchise. And even if you do have this knowledge, there are a lot of possible plot holes that I honestly don't think they'll be able to explain in one more movie.
    It just feels like cheap storytelling that nobody sat down and had a five minute talk with Shinji, explaining what had happened, when he as awakened. Because it seems like that would've prevented just about everything bad from happening in this movie.

It somehow managed to feel too short and too bloated at the same time.

It honestly wasn't all that bad, I just expected so much more after 2.0.
    Last edited by Erihs; 2013-04-27 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    Your post really needs spoiler tags. ;P
    Well, yeah. I did not communicate it properly - the 3.33 disappointed me. It was too short and much too cryptic for anyone but Evangelion fans with a vast amount of knowledge about the franchise. Moreover, the decisions of some of the supposedly intelligent characters were rather... questionable. I'm all for reflecting emotions in the characters' actions and I can totally understand them being a little bit angry with Shinji for murdering vast majority of already scarce remnants of the human race, thus them giving him cold shoulder is very much understandable. But man, not a word? They just get him out of the coma, explicitly tell him no one needs him, order him around and treat him like a piece of trash they'd rather see dead; and don't even fucking explain why is he given that kind of treatment. All this towards a kid with record of emotion-inducted rage fits who is supposedly very dangerous to humanity as a whole... What a surprise, he flips them off and goes on to do what the one person in the whole world who treats him like a friend asks him to do.

All this considered, it opened some very interesting possibilities... But unless the next movie is at least 2:30h(Not really all that improbable, look at Haruhi or Nanoha movies, both over 2:30.) I find it highly doubtful they will close it up properly.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-27 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's stretching it so far it adds an entire sub-text to mentioning a loli.
    A loli is a loli, flashback or no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hyouka was pretty good. Kinda disappointed in the ending, though... Hopefully there will be a season season or a movie (apparently there isn't much more source material).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    A loli is a loli, flashback or no.
    Then what, any female character under the age of 10 would be a loli? Last time I checked "loli" was a moe-related term when it came to anime; always used with sexual implication of some degree, a fetish term. The flashback Hero was anything but moe. Using a sexual term in relation to that version of her would be rather derogative.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-28 at 02:15 AM.

Titan Ep 4 - This was a great episode. Mcs progression into a likable character continues. I'm happy to see that he gets better with every episode. Poor potato girl, being used that way to cover up Eren's fight. Mikasa was so serious when she said it lol. And I just lost it when she brought that meat out and saw her expression. I really hope potato girl doesn't die. She's a hilarious character. Annie seems like she's going to be a pretty cool character. Definitely want to see more of her.

And what a massive cliffhanger to leave this episode on. I need next week's episode now. After seeing the way these special titans appear suddenly after a few episodes, I get the feeling something is strange about them, other than the fact they're giant and eat people. That titan that appeared near the end of this episode essentially beamed down in a lighting bolt. Bit odd. And the titan that was armored and charged through the gate in a past episode almost looked robotic like in its actions. It even appeared to breathe fire after it had charged through the gate and stopped. I don't remember, but in the first episode didn't they say the titans just suddenly appeared? Something just seems odd about this whole situation. Almost as if someone is behind it. I wouldn't be so suspicious if the titans were always present, but to just show up out of nowhere is strange. That and the whole titan coming down through a lighting bolt.

15+ Year Old Account
    HenNeko - Really good episode. Kinda sad to see Azusa get friend zoned so quickly. Not surprised, though, because it was obvious that it will end with MC and Tsukiko. Not really fond of the whole "main characters met before the series, but forgot about each other" thing going on, as it is in alot of anime. I suppose it's okay though, as without it we wouldn't get any non-kuu Tsukiko.

Attack on Titan - Holy shit. I think this might have passed Gargantia as my favourite of the season. This episode was amazing. When Eren took down that one dude, holy shit that was awesome. Glad he isn't such a pansy like he was in the past episode. And that fucking ending... holy crap. I didn't see that coming. And damn, the OST is so good.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-04-28 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then what, any female character under the age of 10 would be a loli? Last time I checked "loli" was a moe-related term when it came to anime; always used with sexual implication of some degree, a fetish term. The flashback Hero was anything but moe. Using a sexual term in relation to that version of her would be rather derogative.
    A loli is anyone between about 6 and 12. Moe/fetish has nothing to do with it (though it's easily to bring them together). Loli comes from the world Lolita, a name of a book. "short for lolita meaning pre-teenage girls; should not be confused with Lolita fashion.." So she was definitely a loli, and you can pretty much sexualize anything, even flashback Hero.

I need help. I'm looking everywhere for a Full Metal Panic sub that isn't the a-S release, which is god awful. Just simple subs that are in the center of the screen, a proper translation to them, and if possible no stupid Dual Audio shit.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-04-28 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Titan Ep 4 - This was a great episode. Mcs progression into a likable character continues. I'm happy to see that he gets better with every episode. Poor potato girl, being used that way to cover up Eren's fight. Mikasa was so serious when she said it lol. And I just lost it when she brought that meat out and saw her expression. I really hope potato girl doesn't die. She's a hilarious character. Annie seems like she's going to be a pretty cool character. Definitely want to see more of her.

And what a massive cliffhanger to leave this episode on. I need next week's episode now. After seeing the way these special titans appear suddenly after a few episodes, I get the feeling something is strange about them, other than the fact they're giant and eat people. That titan that appeared near the end of this episode essentially beamed down in a lighting bolt. Bit odd. And the titan that was armored and charged through the gate in a past episode almost looked robotic like in its actions. It even appeared to breathe fire after it had charged through the gate and stopped. I don't remember, but in the first episode didn't they say the titans just suddenly appeared? Something just seems odd about this whole situation. Almost as if someone is behind it. I wouldn't be so suspicious if the titans were always present, but to just show up out of nowhere is strange. That and the whole titan coming down through a lighting bolt.
    I didn't realize it flashed in like a lightning bolt the first watch. I assumed it was by the wall and it just popped it's head over and the lightning bolt flash was just a background displaying the shock of the characters, but now that you mention it I think you are right. This show doesn't seem to do silly background splashes like that and a 60+ meter giant isn't going to be able to sneak up to a manned wall without being spotted, let alone without being heard. It's footsteps have to shake the foundation of the Earth the thing is so large.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    HenNeko - Really good episode. Kinda sad to see Azusa get friend zoned so quickly. Not surprised, though, because it was obvious that it will end with MC and Tsukiko. Not really fond of the whole "main characters met before the series, but forgot about each other" thing going on, as it is in alot of anime. I suppose it's okay though, as without it we wouldn't get any non-kuu Tsukiko.

Attack on Titan - Holy shit. I think this might have passed Gargantia as my favourite of the season. This episode was amazing. When Eren took down that one dude, holy shit that was awesome. Glad he isn't such a pansy like he was in the past episode. And that fucking ending... holy crap. I didn't see that coming. And damn, the OST is so good.
    Eren is good now, I don't find him annoying anymore and I admire his passion to "Kill them all."

When Sasha (potato girl) ran down the wall and saved her comrade by spearing him through the leg with her hookshot to avert his fall... that was so awesome. I've got the biggest crush on potato girl now. She's not only incredibly cute and foolish, she's also a complete badass.

On your comment about the OST - I agree it is very good. I am impatiently waiting for an OST release. I wonder how long it will take, most shows and anime I watch already have OSTs released. I hope I don't have to wait too long.

I keep listening to this one but I have to listen to Eren and his mother screaming in agony. I just want to listen to the music. D:

Last edited by Inner Universe; 2013-04-28 at 04:32 AM.

Deleted
    Ugh, I'm so far behind with anime, almost 2 entire weeks now...
    I should really marathon all the missed episodes one day...

Been too busy playing Fire Emblem, man this game soaks up my time lol.

Can anyone tell me if Zettai Bouei Leviathan has a plot yet? A friend was wondering if he should watch it, but I'm not sure if it's worth watching other than "yay, cuteness".

good shingeki no kyjoin ep also its quite funny to read what people write in spoiler tags i guess every one that has red the manga has a smile on his face :P

also next weak the chimera ant arc of hunter x hunter will fully start action wise >Manga spoiler i cant wait for the fight with netero + zoldyck gramps vs king also when gon ages instantly and gets his uba power boost

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

I believe that is the reaction the producers of FREE are wanting from the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post

Deleted
    Omg that shingeki no kyojin episode.. I NEED MORE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    A loli is anyone between about 6 and 12. Moe/fetish has nothing to do with it (though it's easily to bring them together). Loli comes from the world Lolita, a name of a book. "short for lolita meaning pre-teenage girls; should not be confused with Lolita fashion.." So she was definitely a loli, and you can pretty much sexualize anything, even flashback Hero.
    Outside of anime yes, but in anime Loli is used differently. So long as the body type is right it's a loli - even a 50 year old is a loli if she looks young. The term is used pretty much solely to express that the character appeals to lolicon spectrum of the audience. I disagree with that young hero comment because she was not sexusalized in any way. That being said, whatever. No point arguing on stuff that stupid. ;P

Deleted
    Does anyone else watch this? I really enjoy the show

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Does anyone else watch this? I really enjoy the show

[video=vimeo;63485487]http://vimeo.com/63485487[video]
    Is the anime as retarded as the OP? Because if so it looks mighty interesting.