Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I have this friend...

who builds Will of the Ancients and Hextech Gunblade on Leblanc, Rylai's and Frozen Mallet on Anivia, Frozen Mallet on Graves, Warmog's + Mallet for 1st two items on Jax saying "I play full tank" and blaming everyone else when he dives into 5 ppl, gets killed immediately and screams to his teammates for not saving him etc.

He thinks that he is the best and that EVERYONE else are noobs etc, constantly cries when we are playing a match together about every teammate. When I am telling him (I am ridicously more experienced) that X is wrong, because Y, and Z is much better because A, he just ignores it, and believes that what he is doing is so clever that only he can conceive it.

He also has his older brother which is objectively not clever, and has him like THE GOD OF LOL. He never plays the game himself but will watch his brother (my friend) play, and call everyone noobs (again, he hasn't ever touched the game). He also DARES to have an opinion about any champion being good or bad.

OH GOD!

I just wanted to get it off my chest. Any thoughts/suggestions (of any nature)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop being the person's friend? Retarded people naturally exist. I simply don't become friends with those people.

Deleted
    Why would you keep playing with him? Are you a masochist?

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Stop being the person's friend? Retarded people naturally exist. I simply don't become friends with those people.
    Thing is, we are friends and antagonists since our early teen years, almost 10 years now or even more, can't remember. But yeah, all I can also conclude to, is that he is a retard! And I honestly never have used that word in any game I am playing or played. But he just makes it undeniable!! I can't bear it!

maybe try to do a 1vs1 him with same champ as him and than beat him with a better build by showing him what he does is crap and he will never get farther than bronze 5.
    just a suggestion

but honestly even if you know him for so long try to keep your distance from him as much as possible so you don't have to witness his retardness.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    That's the advice I would give to your friends about you, considering your response. Probably one of the most shallow and ignorant comments I've ever seen.

Don't insult other users.

-Duronos
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-04-28 at 08:21 PM.

He just finished a game as Garen (his all time favourite champion, he thinks he is the BEST PRO SUPER GAREN EVER) and built: tabi, chain armor. He didn't go any further. I AM SURE THAT IT WAS THE JUNGLER'S FAULT, OH YES I AM SURE!!

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    That's the advice I would give to your friends about you, considering your response. Probably one of the most shallow and ignorant comments I've ever seen.
    Try and answer to the topic please?

Sounds to me like a deep rooted psychological issue.

Honestly, is he completely incapable of looking at himself from an outsiders standpoint? If so, and if you're not exaggerating, he's probably mentally ill.
    Can you describe his social status, psychological status, etc. e.g does he have problems of the same nature in other aspects of his life?

I would not distance myself from him, he sounds like he needs a friend more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Sounds to me like a deep rooted psychological issue.

Honestly, is he completely incapable of looking at himself from an outsiders standpoint? If so, and if you're not exaggerating, he's probably mentally ill.
    Can you describe his social status, psychological status, etc. e.g does he have problems of the same nature in other aspects of his life?

I would not distance myself from him, he sounds like he needs a friend more than anything.
    As a matter of fact, I am a psychologist myself, and know him well. No, he has no issues apart some who almost everyone has. My point comes down to me not being able to stand that attitude. On the other hand, I do not want to get distance from him, because he is one of my oldest and best friends.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nightmarez View Post
    maybe try to do a 1vs1 him with same champ as him and than beat him with a better build by showing him what he does is crap and he will never get farther than bronze 5.
    just a suggestion

but honestly even if you know him for so long try to keep your distance from him as much as possible so you don't have to witness his retardness.
    He is Silver 3. (Yes I boosted and carried him hard. VERY HARD for weeks).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    who builds Will of the Ancients and Hextech Gunblade on Leblanc, Rylai's and Frozen Mallet on Anivia, Frozen Mallet on Graves, Warmog's + Mallet for 1st two items on Jax saying "I play full tank" and blaming everyone else when he dives into 5 ppl, gets killed immediately and screams to his teammates for not saving him etc.

He thinks that he is the best and that EVERYONE else are noobs etc, constantly cries when we are playing a match together about every teammate. When I am telling him (I am ridicously more experienced) that X is wrong, because Y, and Z is much better because A, he just ignores it, and believes that what he is doing is so clever that only he can conceive it.

He also has his older brother which is objectively not clever, and has him like THE GOD OF LOL. He never plays the game himself but will watch his brother (my friend) play, and call everyone noobs (again, he hasn't ever touched the game). He also DARES to have an opinion about any champion being good or bad.

OH GOD!

I just wanted to get it off my chest. Any thoughts/suggestions (of any nature)?
    Is your friend Firebert?

There is no reason to make an offensive comment towards another user.

-Duronos

[All] Brittany Sn0w (Gangplank): worth
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-04-28 at 06:17 PM.

Who's firebert? xD

Deleted
    Well do it like me, don't play with him anymore.

And what your friend does is nothing compared to the dim witt I played for a few days.

Just tell him with his attitude and way to play this game, its just no fun for me.

I did the same.

Either continue playing with your friend and stop worrying about his skills and have fun with him becuase, you know, he is your friend.

Or stop playing with him seing as he is far too below your level for you to waste your time with him, right?

Welcome to the league of legends.
    Unfortunately what you described is a very common reality, and is one of the reasons why the league community is considered amongst the worse.

League isn't particularly intuitive, has a bit of a learning curve, is PvP, and is an environment where you can blame any of your mistakes on a completely unrelated teammate who is else where on the map. Result: after getting the satisfaction of learning the game and besting a few other humans, many players end up thinking they are top shit and can't get over themselves. Frog in the well and all that jazz.

It's like people in gold or silver thinking they are anything better then average.

You could try being harsher and calling him out on all his mistakes, hoping to make him realize how bad and frequent they are, but that could easily just turn into a blame game where he continues to infinitely justify his actions while disregarding the reality before him.

Your best bet is probably to just vent in the forums like you did xD
    Last edited by Arewn; 2013-04-28 at 05:34 PM.

1) I will leave the personal insult aside, and just report you for it.
    2) You obviously have no idea what psychology is, or how it works.
    3) I won't even bother answering to anything else on this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm it down guys, we don't need any more infractions.

-Duronos
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Welcome to the league of legends.
    Unfortunately what you described is a very common reality, and is one of the reasons why the league community is considered amongst the worse.

League isn't particularly intuitive, has a bit of a learning curve, is PvP, and is an environment where you can blame any of your mistakes on a completely unrelated teammate who is else where on the map. Result: after getting the satisfaction of learning the game and besting a few other humans, many players end up thinking they are top shit and can't get over themselves. Frog in the well and all that jazz.

It's like people in gold or silver thinking they are anything better then average.

You could try being harsher and calling him out on all his mistakes, hoping to make him realize how bad and frequent they are, but that could easily just turn into a blame game where he continues to infinitely justify his actions while disregarding the reality before him.

Your best bet is probably to just vent in the forums like you did xD
    to be fair, being gold, you are above average. Bronze and Silver are lots.

Your friend sounds like the generic league of legends player, except with a bit more toxicity. I have a friend that has a bad habit of doing this yet, they are a nice person. It's just kind of embarrassing to see them do this stuff and they get upset when you tell them they're being a douche. I care about my friend so I just have to deal with it if you care that's really all I can offer as advice. It's up to that person to better themselves, not you to nag them to.
    Last edited by Acry; 2013-04-29 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I laughed.
    That just shows how bad you are

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 06:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Your friend sounds like the generic league of legends player, except with a bit more toxicity. I have a friend that has a bad habit of doing this yet, they are a nice person. It's just kind of embarrassing to see them do this stuff and they get upset when you tell them they're being a douche. I care about my friend so I just have to deal with it if you care that's really all I can offer as advice. It's up to that person to better themselves, not you to nag them to.

Indeed, it seems that I can do nothing else than vent on the forums about it

My friends friend is like this. The way my friend dealt with it is, he talked to him. He just told him that he understands that he really gets into the game but he is trying to play to have fun and he isn't cool with the constant yelling at friends and such. They understood each other and we haven't really played with that guy since.