Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

"Water" is to "River" as "Tree" is to "__________"

Hey all,

I'm working on a personal project of mine, and could use a bit of help.

"Water" is to "River" as "Tree" is to "__________" - I need to know what I should put in the blank. Context is a bit irrelevant, but creativity + thinking outside the box is going to help a lot more than "Forest", "Grass", etc.

Thanks ^_^

forest.

How about paper? Can't have one without the other on both. Or something similar to that if it'd fit better like wooden furniture, wooden fences, etc.

Or for something more "deep" how about air or life?

Oh, how about rings! Tree rings! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    chainsawfood
    This is genius. Except I don't get it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomec View Post
    How about paper? Can't have one without the other on both. Or something similar to that if it'd fit better like wooden furniture, wooden fences, etc.

Or for something more "deep" how about air or life?

Oh, how about rings! Tree rings! lol.
    Is there a synonym for ring that might indicate directly about a tree? Very unique conceptually, but I'd need a word that brings it full circle and is relevant to a tree.

forest would be the most obvious and probably most fitting choice

You can make a River out of a bunch of Water. So just put something that you can make a bunch of Trees into (Log Cabin, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Log floom.

A is transported along B.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

My ass. I think that's pretty creative

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Is there a synonym for ring that might indicate directly about a tree? Very unique conceptually, but I'd need a word that brings it full circle and is relevant to a tree.
    Well you do have circle and round. Trees are generally more circular and round. So that could maybe work somewhat.

"Water" is to "River" as "Tree" is to "Forest"/"Jungle". is the only logical answer. Why would the tree part be "out of the box" while the result of water is just river?

But ok ill give my "Water" is to "River" as "Tree" is to "Oxygen".

Water is to river as tree is to long tree.

Deleted
    log truck

Flowchart or Computer Program

Water is to river as tree is to trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tree -> Minecraft?

Wouldn't the logical reasoning behind it be Water -> River, Earth/Life -> Tree?
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Hippies....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Hey all,

I'm working on a personal project of mine, and could use a bit of help.

"Water" is to "River" as "Tree" is to "__________" - I need to know what I should put in the blank. Context is a bit irrelevant, but creativity + thinking outside the box is going to help a lot more than "Forest", "Grass", etc.

Thanks ^_^
    after long consideration lol... "water is to river as tree is to beaver" water and trees are needed to make a beaver dam!