Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

whats with all these weird cleave names for arena

hitlercleave
    bumcleave
    meowcleave

-snip- cleave

seriously i dnt understand all these dodgey names no wonder some ppl get confused
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-29 at 10:49 PM.

well, to start those aren't real comps.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Deleted
    i dont get the cleave names, no idea what each one means. no idea who comes up with the names either.

None of those are actual names. As for the real names, I'm pretty sure they're just to make it easier to make strategies, instead of saying War/DK/Pally you can just say TSG, makes it simpler.

10+ Year Old Account
    because when you make a comp that works and play it at a competitive level, you get to name it

and when someone can give their kid a retarded name, odds are they can give a name to something less significant that makes even less sense / is just as terrible

My friend used to say TSG stood for "Tree Storm Grip" even though I later found out that it did not and was "teh super gosus" or something that is an inside joke.

Deleted
    As a multiglad I can safely say I have never heard of the comps you named, though I think I know most, if you have any questions about what comp is which ill gladly answer it

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah none of those are real names, and most are easy to figure out or a quick google search will find your answer. For example...

Vanguards cleave - was the team vanguards played in S11.
    Jungle Cleave - Feral/Hunter/X (obvious)
    Thug Cleave (can at least tell it will involve a rogue)

Before, the comps used to be about making a strong hard switch to a target and cleaving them down. Now... I think its just to give a ring to each name because literally every well known comp has become something-cleave or something-play.

Never heard of those names.
    Most of the names originated from rage threads on AJ.

For example, I remember the birth thread of "wizard cleave", somebody ranted about S8 casters and made a very beautiful paint picture, describing the pain of S8 with Wizard Hats. Wizards were born.

TSG was also named after the players who played it first (I cant remember exactly who it was, valrath was one of the I think)

http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/644...ion-tier-list/

Heres a list of almost all viable comps, if the name you heard isnt on the list, its not a thing.
    Last edited by pawsz; 2013-04-29 at 11:45 PM.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    None of those are actual names. As for the real names, I'm pretty sure they're just to make it easier to make strategies, instead of saying War/DK/Pally you can just say TSG, makes it simpler.
    but what does tsg mean?

Barack Obama Cleave - When we win its because we're pro ...when we lose its Bush's fault and/or cause you're racist.

Ha ha for jokes ..also kinda for serious.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-29 at 11:52 PM.

TSG was also named after the players who played it first (I cant remember exactly who it was, valrath was one of the I think)

It was just their team name.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

Because calling every comp after the classes in it, ie RMP/PHDK, is boring as hell. Anyone remember spicy chicken cleave with DS trinks? Fire mage/boomkin/healer

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    but what does tsg mean?
    Teh Super Gosus. Named after the first competitive team that played it I belive.

I like the cleave names, saying I play Man cleave is alot more fun than saying I play double warrior pally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    well, to start those aren't real comps.

according to wowwiki hitlercleave is, 2 unholy dks and holy paly. called hitlercleave because 2 unholy dks are sure to spread around lots of toxic gas.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Cleave_(arena_term)

people are morons

Infracted.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-30 at 01:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    would be handy to have an up to date list of all the team comp names for beginners reference :3

Deleted
    Cleave names have got stupid, I'd rather they just list class abbreviations than use retarded names like "kung fu cleave" to describe a team without a Monk. Plus whenever I see KFC I keep thinking of fried Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    according to wowwiki hitlercleave is, 2 unholy dks and holy paly. called hitlercleave because 2 unholy dks are sure to spread around lots of toxic gas.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Cleave_(arena_term)
    Funny thing is UH Spec lost its Desecrated Ground ability so it doesn't really apply nowadays.

Probably would be better off calling it the STD Cleave (UH DKs spreading AIDs), or Necrotic Cleave.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-04-30 at 08:07 AM.

Leave Cleave

Forgot: I have no friend cleave

The most obnoxious pvp'ers will name things considering everyone hears them due to their huge mouths and egos.
    Most comp names seem to derrive from them, spreading the retardednes.

Some comp names are funny, some are just retarded (like "hitlercleave", really?)
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-04-30 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    TSG is indeed from Teh Super Gosus, the first team to play warrior-dk-paladin on a competitive level, the people were zilea, veev and valrath