Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Quel'Thalas" zone in a future expansion ?

Hey, i think that you all know that there is an unaccessible zone called Quel'Thalas between the Ghostlands and the Plaguelands, do you think that they will ever use it on a future expansion ?

Or will it remain an unaccessible zone closed by invisible walls ?

To be simplier, what do you think they could do there ?

I personally think about a future starting zone, High-Elfs maybe ? But i doubt about it since none remains in Quel'Thalas, or maybe they'll try to get back to it ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Uh... isn't it the starting zone for the Blood Elves?
    I'm not talking about it, i'm talking about the empty zone at South-West of the Ghostlands and North of plaguelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about it, i'm talking about the empty zone at South-West of the Ghostlands and North of plaguelands.
    Which is supposedly Northeron. Which is also curios, since that's where the wildhammer dwarves supposedly lived/lives, which we now know is in twilight highlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Hey, i think that you all know that there is an unaccessible zone called Quel'Thalas between the Ghostlands and the Plaguelands, do you think that they will ever use it on a future expansion ?

Or will it remain an unaccessible zone closed by invisible walls ?

To be simplier, what do you think they could do there ?

I personally think about a future starting zone, High-Elfs maybe ? But i doubt about it since none remains in Quel'Thalas, or maybe they'll try to get back to it ...
    Eversong and Ghostlands make up Quel'thalas, the area that is closed off is nothing but a small seaside ruin that was never intended to be used. What BC brought was i think meant to replace that ruin with the new zones, but as bionics said Quel'thalas is the Blood elf homeland, just in wow its separated into 2 zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Which is supposedly Northeron.
    Yes.
    But the game still calls it "Quel'Thalas" when you access it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Quel'Thalas is the blood elf starting Zone PLUS the ghostlands, i'm NOT talking about this and I JUST SAID IT ABOVE.
    I'm talking about the in game zone called Quel'Thalas, not the Quel'Thalas zone lorewise.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-04-30 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Quel'Thalas is the blood elf starting Zone PLUS the ghostlands, i'm NOT talking about this and I JUST SAID IT.
    I'm talking about the in game zone called Quel'Thalas, not the Quel'Thalas zone lorewise.
    I posted 2 maps. Both are the in game maps for it.
    You see the mouse pointer on it on the continent map

I believe that section you are referring to is what used to be Stratholme. Even though its an instance, blizzard used to implement the space they should take up into the real world, much how AQ uses the bottom half of Silithus, Zul'furak uses that little canal area in the Northwest area of Tanaris, etc.

Deleted
    what you're calling "quel'thalas" was just a developer playground back when the actual Quel'Thalas (eversong, sunstrider, quel'danas, ghostlands) was off-limits in vanilla. all you could ever see there was a night elf tower and dock.

Im not sure what they could do with it, it's not exactly a big zone. 90% of it is covered in hills and other generic inaccessible terrain to border around Ghostlands and eversong.

and yeah, it overlaps with strath too.

Yes.

Quel'Thalas is the blood elf starting Zone PLUS the ghostlands, i'm NOT talking about this and I JUST SAID IT ABOVE.
    That looks like the Deathknight starting area or also the ruins of Zul'Aman

The old Quel'Thalas zone hasn't been removed in Cata so that's a sign that Blizzard is saving it for something. Although I thought it was the zone map of Stratholme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    I believe that section you are referring to is what used to be Stratholme. Even though its an instance, blizzard used to implement the space they should take up into the real world, much how AQ uses the bottom half of Silithus, Zul'furak uses that little canal area in the Northwest area of Tanaris, etc.
    Hmmm....... maybe that's it, yes...... For some reason Startholme cannot be accessed from air. There's quite a long invisible wall.

It's just a map creation artifact without any special significance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I posted 2 maps. Both are the in game maps for it.
    You see the mouse pointer on it on the continent map
    I'm talking about an empty zone which is called as a placeholder "Quel'Thalas".
    As i just TWICE said i'm not talking about quel thalas lore wise.

I'm talking about THIS : http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...nWorldMap.jpeg

And when you access it (exploit bug) in the game, the location (above your minimap) is called "Quel'Thalas".

And when you access it (exploit bug) in the game, the location (above your minimap) is called "Quel'Thalas".
    That zone IS Stratholme, or the flaming ruins of whats left of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    The old Quel'Thalas zone hasn't been removed in Cata so that's a sign that Blizzard is saving it for something. Although I thought it was the zone map of Stratholme.
    For what we know is, that they revamped the entire World for Cata, with the exception of the TBC content. Since that region belongs to this content, it hasn't been touched (hence why we cannot fly there) and that may very well cause some overlapping here and there. Essentially anything north of Eastern Plaguelands is another World Server.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    op is thinking of http://i.imgur.com/Lecx5bP.jpg

10+ Year Old Account

I'm talking about THIS : http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...nWorldMap.jpeg

Yes, what Triginhil says. that zone part is 100% Stratholme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    That zone IS Stratholme, or the flaming ruins of whats left of it.
    So stratholme would be about twelves to forty times wider than the Lordaeron city while it's stated everywhere that the city of Lordaeron was the greatest of it's kingdom ?