Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    What you see in game is supposed to be a representation of what would be left of that very city.
    Very well said.
    It's there to show that there once was a great city of a great kingdom. In rational thoughts, it would make very little sense for the development to put a lot of time in it, to create a vast zone of ruins, that are never used anyway. I believe it's fairly save to say, that the Kingdom will never be re-established, and therefore it would be a waste of time to create a city of ruins.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

It is strange that it was not truncated in the shattering rejigger of the map. Same as the emerald dream portals being untouched. Perhaps they are saving it for something? Doesn't mean "OMG NEXT EXPANSION HIGH ELVES CONFIRMED" but just that they have something on the idea board they dont want to write off completely when its an idea they could visit some time.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It is strange that it was not truncated in the shattering rejigger of the map. Same as the emerald dream portals being untouched. Perhaps they are saving it for something? Doesn't mean "OMG NEXT EXPANSION HIGH ELVES CONFIRMED" but just that they have something on the idea board they dont want to write off completely when its an idea they could visit some time.
    One thing I wish we had was the Nightmare dragons. I know they removed them as the "nightmare" story was finished. But i dislike the fact they no longer respawn.

Same with azuregos, miss the fact you could kill him. Although I wish they would up the spawn time on the two remaining world bosses in TBC. I can never find them when they spawn as someones killing them on CD and knows the timing :/

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Or they don't want to mess with it because some time down the line they will be integrating the actually Quel'Thalas into the Eastern Plaguelands on the Eastern Kingdom server. Fixing it up now will be a wasted effort when they have to redo it again when they do the merge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Previously confused with Northeron, that area will be vital in the future: that area is Greenwood, last refuge of the Quel'dorei.

Mysteriously some High Elves have disappeared at the end of the expansion of Wrath of the Lich King. They have migrated, but where?

If we combine this fact with that all the resources of the Silver Covenant (mounts, ships, war machines, etc.) do nothing but increase, and obviously, they have had to come from somewhere... it seems that the High Elves have at least a stronghold somewhere in Azeroth, with stables, shipyards, cities, etc., not being unreasonable to think that that hidden area, the last reserve of the High Elves of the Alliance, can be Greenwood.

Greenwood is an area not yet available in World of Warcraft but that we visited slightly in Warcraft 3. This area comes to be a natural sanctuary in every sense: barely tainted by the Scourge and the Burning Legion, aside from the progress of the Sylvanas' Forsaken and the adhesion attempts from the Blood Elves and well protected by its magnificent natural barriers.

Located in the northern part of the Plaguelands, right on the border between Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas is the home of the last High Elves of Azeroth. Characterized by its thick green forests, its steep and snowy mountains, its rivers and clear lakes, its fresh climate and especially the abundant mystical energy that pervades the place in every corner, in every millennial building and even in each of the unicorns that still gallop freely through its fields.

Ironically Greenwood has always been among the realms of the humans and the elves, in every way, hence its distinctive culture, where elves and humans intermingle in harmony. However, in recent times, after the events triggered by the Cataclysm that struck Azeroth, the High Elves have gone into action. The Silver Covenant was the example to follow; the Quel'dorei cannot remain indifferent and oblivious to the outside world events: they must organize and choose their position for the impending challenges ahead.

Will they remain true to their roots and customs and stay on the side of the Alliance as before? Or maybe will they forget the quarrels and reintegrate with the Blood Elves and join the Horde? Golden Phoenix or Silver Unicorn? That is the question...

Both for the one as for the other, a surname resound from afar: Windrunner. The return of Alleria will make the High Elves rethink many things... and the Blood Elves too...

Glory to the Quel'dorei! The banner of the silver unicorn will wave again! For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I'm talking about an empty zone which is called as a placeholder "Quel'Thalas".
    As i just TWICE said i'm not talking about quel thalas lore wise.

I'm talking about THIS : http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...nWorldMap.jpeg

And when you access it (exploit bug) in the game, the location (above your minimap) is called "Quel'Thalas".
    You are over-analyzing this and thinking too hard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    We have no idea, that is correct.. However, we have an official statement that suggests, the zone is destroyed by the cataclysm. Someone posted it
    With Cataclysm the other zones were removed/sunk into the sea, this zone actually got larger though

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    I would love to see this map implemented. there are a ton of things they could do with this. Looks like it would be a fun WPVP area during questing. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, but. It would be quite cool, i'd love to see an Quel'Thalas zone. We can only hope and see in the future =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Previously confused with Northeron, that area will be vital in the future: that area is Greenwood, last refuge of the Quel'dorei.

*snip*
    Pretty sure Greenwood is the former name of the Ghostlands. The scar cuts straight through Ghostlands to Silvermoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before cata, it was just another undiscovered zone. Pre cata (as in the concept stages and stated at blizzcon the announcement of cata) this zone was going to be called deathwing's scar AND the entrance to deepholme, as he would burst out of the ground from here. Well they changed it by cata alpha/beta to the maelstrom. easier work basically.

And also, people who keep saying it is stratholme, you would be correct, if you guys didnt mention that the developers also said that the cities and wow are NOT built to scale. So, that Zone, IS NOT stratholme, as it is far to large for any city, as why build one city to scale but not all. So, we have an unknown deadzone, as with i believe the other is to the right of redridge?

So, there you go, its not strat. Time to figure another name for it. It seems to be apart of the country known as Quel thalas, but hell if I know. My lore is simply from the warcraft 1-wow. no books.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Before cata, it was just another undiscovered zone. Pre cata (as in the concept stages and stated at blizzcon the announcement of cata) this zone was going to be called deathwing's scar AND the entrance to deepholme, as he would burst out of the ground from here. Well they changed it by cata alpha/beta to the maelstrom. easier work basically.
    that was the zone between stormwind and dun morogh

It is supposed to be a zone where some high elves still live. If Blizzard adds high elves next expansion then for sure their starting area will be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    that was the zone between stormwind and dun morogh
    stand corrected then. =( I remembered it and thought it was that. But ehhh. w/e. Still, the zone is far to large for the city in itself. The importance of scale is the determining factor then. Cause, if that zone was made into the entirety of the city, scale for scale, then it would be larger than any city currently in game.

If i remember correctly someone asked why that little area wasn't opened after the cata revamp and they say that a zone here wasn't needed in the levelling flow; right now that zone is still accessible with a glinch, there is unistanced stratholme, a elf ruin and some scourge scenenery nothing more; search youtube for the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

Mysteriously some High Elves have disappeared at the end of the expansion of Wrath of the Lich King. They have migrated, but where?

If we combine this fact with that all the resources of the Silver Covenant (mounts, ships, war machines, etc.) do nothing but increase, and obviously, they have had to come from somewhere... it seems that the High Elves have at least a stronghold somewhere in Azeroth, with stables, shipyards, cities, etc., not being unreasonable to think that that hidden area, the last reserve of the High Elves of the Alliance, can be Greenwood.

Greenwood is an area not yet available in World of Warcraft but that we visited slightly in Warcraft 3. This area comes to be a natural sanctuary in every sense: barely tainted by the Scourge and the Burning Legion, aside from the progress of the Sylvanas' Forsaken and the adhesion attempts from the Blood Elves and well protected by its magnificent natural barriers.

Located in the northern part of the Plaguelands, right on the border between Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas is the home of the last High Elves of Azeroth. Characterized by its thick green forests, its steep and snowy mountains, its rivers and clear lakes, its fresh climate and especially the abundant mystical energy that pervades the place in every corner, in every millennial building and even in each of the unicorns that still gallop freely through its fields.

Ironically Greenwood has always been among the realms of the humans and the elves, in every way, hence its distinctive culture, where elves and humans intermingle in harmony. However, in recent times, after the events triggered by the Cataclysm that struck Azeroth, the High Elves have gone into action. The Silver Covenant was the example to follow; the Quel'dorei cannot remain indifferent and oblivious to the outside world events: they must organize and choose their position for the impending challenges ahead.

Will they remain true to their roots and customs and stay on the side of the Alliance as before? Or maybe will they forget the quarrels and reintegrate with the Blood Elves and join the Horde? Golden Phoenix or Silver Unicorn? That is the question...

Both for the one as for the other, a surname resound from afar: Windrunner. The return of Alleria will make the High Elves rethink many things... and the Blood Elves too...

Glory to the Quel'dorei! The banner of the silver unicorn will wave again! For the Alliance!
    Nice fanfiction, but I just don't get why you call it "greenwood". All evidence points that "Greenwood" was the name of the pass now named "Thalassian Pass", at best Greenwood was the name of the area surrounding it. Warcraft III maps show it east of Stratholme, So naming the whole "Northern Lordaeron" area "Greenwood" doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was an awesome fan made wiki page about what was supposed to be in that area. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Which is supposedly Northeron. Which is also curios, since that's where the wildhammer dwarves supposedly lived/lives, which we now know is in twilight highlands.
    Yes it was clarified that was in TWHL but that area which is unanmed is theorised to be an area where a large number of High elves went after the blood elves and scourge etc which was made more believeable by some pictures of elven building in it taken from the sea near by.

10+ Year Old Account
    It accessible thru glitches right now its just storage area for the original Naxx, a back door to strtath (the one u see after baron) because thats how your were supposed to get into naxx originally, and a lone tower. I dont see them using it for anything game related in the future unless they in-instance BC starting area as that is what supposed to be there (use your imagination)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    In fact Stratholme was a city of Lordaeron.
    But the capital city of Lordaeron was also called "Lordaeron".
    And i doubt about it being greater, simply cause Lordaeron's ruins only remains on Undercity, in a pretty good condition : how would it be possible ?
    I mean, how could this part of Lordaeron stay in this condition while all the rest of it would obliterated at that point ? (Cause we can't see any ruins of the Lordaeron City otherwhere than on Undercity)
    I think the capital was changed to be referred to as Capital City (not original, eh?) Sort of like the Kingdom of Stormwind used to be Kingdom of Azeroth in early references.