Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahveros View Post
    Combat

sword/axe/fist weapon for mainhand and dagger for offhand

Seriously that's the smoothest leveling spec because it actually gives you a chance to live when you pull multiple mobs from 80-90. Adrenaline rush, killing spree, and blade flurry are the best moves for leveling. I would love to go into more detail but I'm kind of pressed for time right now but trust me, my main is a rogue and my alt is a rogue so if there's anyone that knows about rogues it'd be me.
    Nevermind Vanish, Evasion, Preparation, Combat Readiness, Blind, Gouge, Kidney Shot, etc. to survive an encounter with 2+ mobs. You can also plan it out and use Sap on one of the additional mobs before you pull.

Either Combat or Mut are viable. Mut can put up a much faster pace because its damage isn't dependent on cooldowns and VW leaves you at full energy after a kill while Combat relies on cooldowns and RB reducing cooldowns for damage and is nearly always empty on energy after a kill. Rupt multidotting with a defensive rolling is very good against multiple mobs too, and you can do it far more often than BF+KSp/AR.

Back when MoP launched, I leveled as Mut while all my competitors for Realm First 90 Rogue were Combat. I beat them by several hours, and spec seemed to be the only major difference. You can play as either spec just fine, but Combat's toolkit certainly isn't the "best" for leveling.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-04-30 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Back in cata when I lvled my rogue, I lvled as sub from 10-58, without any heirlooms, and I pretty much one/two shotted everything. Then in outland I lled as assassi, then in northrend I was combat, then in the cata zones I switched to assassi again. Don't know how it is now, but I have quested some on my rogue in jade forest and assassi feels very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Back when MoP launched, I leveled as Mut...
    What do mean by levelead as Mut? Mutilate the skill? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by RodrigoTxc View Post
    What do mean by levelead as Mut? Mutilate the skill? Or am I missing something?
    Mut = Assassination. We can't really abbreviate it to "Ass", so an abbreviation of its signature ability (Mutilate) is generally used.

Mut = Assassination. We can't really abbreviate it to "Ass", so an abbreviation of its signature ability (Mutilate) is generally used.
    LOL Ok got it

Glyph of deadly momentum makes chain killing mobs a breeze.

sub rocks from 10 to 30 ish
    combat is good from 20 to 50 ish
    assassination pulls way ahead at 50 with venomous wounds

Nevermind Vanish, Evasion, Preparation, Combat Readiness, Blind, Gouge, Kidney Shot, etc. to survive an encounter with 2+ mobs. You can also plan it out and use Sap on one of the additional mobs before you pull.

Either Combat or Mut are viable. Mut can put up a much faster pace because its damage isn't dependent on cooldowns and VW leaves you at full energy after a kill while Combat relies on cooldowns and RB reducing cooldowns for damage and is nearly always empty on energy after a kill. Rupt multidotting with a defensive rolling is very good against multiple mobs too, and you can do it far more often than BF+KSp/AR.

Back when MoP launched, I leveled as Mut while all my competitors for Realm First 90 Rogue were Combat. I beat them by several hours, and spec seemed to be the only major difference. You can play as either spec just fine, but Combat's toolkit certainly isn't the "best" for leveling.
    I got realm first 90 by several hours leveling as combat. Anecdotal evidence means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I got realm first 90 by several hours leveling as combat. Anecdotal evidence means nothing.
    I believe that was my point. Maybe I did push a little hard on the benefits of Mut though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dabbled in Mut when I hit 30 and got dual talent, but found, at that level anyway, that I was rather energy starved with my main ability costing 55 energy, found things died much faster as sub tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I dabbled in Mut when I hit 30 and got dual talent, but found, at that level anyway, that I was rather energy starved with my main ability costing 55 energy, found things died much faster as sub tbh.
    Sub, especially with Heirlooms, can really decimate enemies until the low 80s. After that, things slow down a touch. Around 87/88, assuming you're continuing through quest areas to higher level mobs, things stop dying in a stun or extended opener, and the flare of instant damage drops off until you've got better gear again =(. Since 1-80 isn't really all that much longer than 80-90 (if it's longer at all) at this point, most people focus on the final stretch. That may change in 5.3 when the experience required at each level 85-90 is lower.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-05-01 at 09:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Sub, especially with Heirlooms, can really decimate enemies until the low 80s. After that, things slow down a touch. Around 87/88, assuming you're continuing through quest areas to higher level mobs, things stop dying in a stun or extended opener, and the flare of instant damage drops off until you've got better gear again =(. Since 1-80 isn't really all that much longer than 80-90 (if it's longer at all) at this point, most people focus on the final stretch. That may change in 5.3 when the experience required at each level 85-90 is lower.
    Ah fair enough, I'm only 74 currently so not got to the 'harder' stuff yet, but I'll stick to it as Sub, I find it the more enjoyable spec and if its slightly harder then perhaps it will improve my play style a bit having to deal with the difficulties =)

I'm leveling as assassination and so far is going well (level 20 atm)... All mobs die with two muts :P