Page 24 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the issue of what to blanket (1-3) is mostly reserved for periods of low damage. I personally don't see any reason other than for padding the meters, for paladins to use 1 HP EFs during periods of heavy damage. Stacking 1 HP shields on people during downtime can be good preparation for incoming damage but if you preoccupy yourself during periods of high damage to continue stacking these 1 HP EFs then perhaps your HPS will continue to increase but your utility to the raid is lower because you aren't really reacting to incoming damage. It is good to stack the EFs as much as you can, sometimes even ignoring the instant heal amount and overhealing to stack the HoT if no one is taking damage. You should try to make sure that your holy shock usage is high enough. In your rotation for example, you are essentially wasting a good 1-2 seconds off the HS cooldown. The best healing "rotation" with the 4 piece is to use either one casting spell or one instant cast+casting spell in between holy shocks and I'm purely saying this in terms of the time sake. There obviously is no such thing as a strict healing rotation. The mastery + EF style is the best currently due to the huge amount of healing the absorbs from mastery make up. Then I play is to store up 3 or more EF and use it on players who are hurt or who I know are going to take damage. Also remember that EF heals yourself for twice as much. LoD is mostly used as an AOE healing spell and can be quite powerful if the raid is taking a lot of AOE damage and are reasonably close to you. If the raid is not taking AOE damage, then using EF on as many people as you can would probably be better. Holy Avenger can be used as a random high damage/heavy AOE damage cooldown. You can use it in preparation for damage or to deal with incoming damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Switching DP with PotE glyphs depending on fight and also the hammer with Holy Prism
    Worldoflogs Link: None atm; will post Thursday when I get back home.
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I've lost my "ability" to heal as a paladin, it got changed from what I've been used to and last time I healed was in Cataclysm. This Paladin will be used for LFR/PuGs and maybe old content. The current holy paladin we have is bad at best(in my opinion; mostly being lazy and unaware of what's happening around; almost never dispelling) but since it is a friends guild, that will not change. I am a meter whore so I want to be able to top meters in the content I am doing without cheesing too much.
    Description of Playstyle: I liked the feel of Paladin healing in Cataclysm for some reason, not sure if it could be called a play style. I quit before before the Fire Nation attacked and at that point I was at a decent progression (100-ish worldwide guild) and constantly ranking in the first 10 healers/paladins on Heroic content. If I recall correctly, I was keeping the mastery up with HR/Holy Shock/Holy Light spam on the raid and I was decent at conserving mana while keeping a high mastery stack on the raid for incoming AoE.
    Now in MoP, from checking some logs, it appears that most of the healing is master + EF. Average EF is smaller than what my 2HP one does so it probably means a constant blanket on the raid of 1HP EF(with a 3HP EF on the tank) but I did not find a good way of getting there. Even in 10 man, to cover everyone it would take ~50 seconds to do it with only HS so at the moment I am doing HS->EF->HR->EF (if anything isn't needed).

I still don't know how to use Holy Avenger right(AoE/random damage should be a good guess), is it better to blanket 3EF on everyone with HS+HR? Is it better to spam those 2 + LoD?

Give a meter whore some tips!
    Too lazy to look for it, but there was a post last week in here about there being two main healing styles; I believe the post answered what your main question is. There is a reactive healing style which means you use the appropriate spells to react to the raid's current needs for healing. This implies that on occasion of large raid wide damage, an LoD is not out of the question. You utilize Holy Radiance when it's appropriate, but go back to single target healing while the tank is only taking damage. This may result in lower numbers because you're matching what the raid needs at the time and not stacking huge absorb shields.

The second style is the blanketing style with T14 4 piece (This will not be as effective in T15 gear.) This means you try to manage your mana while spamming HS, HR and spreading 1-2 HoPo EF through out a majority of the raid. Save Holy Avenger for areas just before of large damage and get your shields out about 15-25seconds before the damage. This will result in higher numbers, but doesn't always mean you are effectively healing for the raid or tank damage. Since you will tend to tunnel on low EF stacking, you become more of a burden on the other healers when there is a higher demand for healing.

My personal style kind of lies between the two. Most people want to rank, so they tend to play towards the blanketing. My main priority is to not have people die while progressing, but not be lower on the charts.

I need a quick refresh on talent choices for at least the first 10 bosses on normal mode. Mainly EF/SS and Holy Prism/Light's Hammer.

As for the first 10 bosses, I seem to prefer Holy Prism on all of them except the 1st and 5th boss. The other bosses my raid just seems to spread out and moving during any high raid damage parts.

As for EF and SS, I've moved more towards just using SS most of the time. Sure its annoying to keep it on the tanks for the whole fight, but I've moved away from WoG on the raid and just LoDing instead. SS has managed to get as high as 10% of my healing one fight plus it makes tank healing easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I need a quick refresh on talent choices for at least the first 10 bosses on normal mode. Mainly EF/SS and Holy Prism/Light's Hammer.

As for the first 10 bosses, I seem to prefer Holy Prism on all of them except the 1st and 5th boss. The other bosses my raid just seems to spread out and moving during any high raid damage parts.

As for EF and SS, I've moved more towards just using SS most of the time. Sure its annoying to keep it on the tanks for the whole fight, but I've moved away from WoG on the raid and just LoDing instead. SS has managed to get as high as 10% of my healing one fight plus it makes tank healing easier.
    I never go SS over EF, it's too amazing to give up. Please keep in mind that my spec and glyphing below is based on a 10m raid group doing some HC progression.

HC Jin - LH and HoPurity
    HC Horridon - Prism and Clemency (Clemency for double BoPs on Pally tanking Horridon) - Glyph of Divine Protection
    Council - LH and HoPurity (Our group has normal on farm and just stacks all of the duders up, so I use LH.)
    HC Tortos - Prism and Clemency - Glyph of Divine Protection
    Mag - LH and HoPurity
    HC Ji'kun - LH and HoPurity (Could justify Prism and/or Clemency for Quills depending on Normal vs Heroic difficulty) - Glyph of Divine Protection
    Durumu - Prism and HoPurity
    Primordius - Prism and HoPurity
    Dark Animus - Prism and HoPurity
    HC Iron Qon - LH and Clemency (We 1 tank 3 heal this with two Paladins)
    Twins - LH and HoPurity (Lights Hammer doesn't count as healing when the nightmare is out)
    Lei Shen - LH and HoPurity
    Last edited by Nioso; 2013-05-01 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net /wow/en/character/draenor/Thris/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Swapping into glyph of Divine Protection for some fights.
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com /reports/d7hqfhj9mbnuf4k5/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Generally just wanted some tips on how to improve, i've recently rerolled to Holy from Prot. Checking my own logs I feel like I dont use Holy Shock enough, which is the case with the majority of these posts it seems.
    Description of Playstyle: I spend the majority of my time blanketing the raid with 1 HP EF's, wondered if this was such a good idea. I'm only doing normal at the minute, and I was 492 when I raided in these logs, so my gear was pretty lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thris View Post
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net /wow/en/character/draenor/Thris/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Swapping into glyph of Divine Protection for some fights.
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com /reports/d7hqfhj9mbnuf4k5/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Generally just wanted some tips on how to improve, i've recently rerolled to Holy from Prot. Checking my own logs I feel like I dont use Holy Shock enough, which is the case with the majority of these posts it seems.
    Description of Playstyle: I spend the majority of my time blanketing the raid with 1 HP EF's, wondered if this was such a good idea. I'm only doing normal at the minute, and I was 492 when I raided in these logs, so my gear was pretty lacking.
    Don't have time to check any deeper, but yes you're currently sitting at 69% efficiency on Holy Shock usage, that should be far higher, as for EF blanketing I wouldn't recommend 1HP, 2HP is doable but ultimately you want to try and be a more reactive healer rather than just blanketing, find a good mix of spells and learn what you're best at as a healer and what your raid needs you to do
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-05-01 at 10:49 PM.

I'm not a holy pally, but I need a post raid analysis on our pally to help her with her healing.

Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymiahia/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: See armory, I'm totally unsure what she's doing here
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tgem8x1fhsufxetg/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: This paladin is constantly coming in low, though not from lack of effort. We've tried to help, she's tried to talk to other paladins on the server and everyone agrees she's essentially doing it right, but her numbers come in low.
    Description of Playstyle: AFAIK she has two healing specs, one for tank heals and one for raid heals. She heals with a disc priest, and a disc/holy priest.

Deleted
    For hatchetman240

Just checked your longest horridon fight. 29 holy shocks in a 5:39 fight. Have her create a weakaura right near the healing frames/middle of screen to show when holy shock is read to be cast.

She did 21 Divine light casts. none of them on the beacon target generating holy power. Seems like she is healing like it's cataclysm. There are a lot of holy lights. Holy light is a lovely spell but right now we are way more effective by using Eternal Flame. And to use EF we need to generate holy power. She needs to generate more with holy shocks. She can also look into Light of Dawn. A lot of those casts are better spent on using Eternal flame on somebody with a debuff(disease/poison/charge bleed/ curse. Even if that EF is overhealing you know that person is about to take more damage. I do not know how grouped you guys are but holy radiance is still quite effective in 10man if your grouped enough.
    But i did notice quite a lot of damage from the curse/disease and melee from the little adds on the dps/healers. Use stuns and slows on those adds.

And she has a crit/spirit gem. Spirit and mastery = happy paladin.

Only really had time to check horridon just before dinner so. took try 2 & 5 only.

Others might find more with some time.
    Last edited by mmocea7d8b0d33; 2013-05-02 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narsilon View Post
    She did 14 Divine light casts. none of them on the beacon target generating holy power.
    I feel like people push this too much. There are plenty of times when you might need to drop a DL on a raid member.

@ hatchetman240
    Adding on to previous poster that she needs to use healing cooldowns

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    I feel like people push this too much. There are plenty of times when you might need to drop a DL on a raid member.
    had a typo it was 21 actually.
    Looked into it some more.

5 Holy Radiance
    21 Divine light ( 3 on the hunter 19! on dragonslayer and they are not doing the pally solo tanking on horridon)
    Beacon of light never leaves the DK. A lot of those divine lights are on the pally while he is tanking horridon.
    11 Light of Dawn. She's using them quite well when it comes to people hit by it.
    39 Holy light casts mostly directly on dragonslayer(tank) so that's positive if she intended to not switch Beacon.

But lets change what happend. Beacon was on the current horridon tank. You divine light the tank and yay holy power. You holy radiance the add tank who has 2 melee dps and should have the hunter/mage/ele shaman somewhat nearby. Yourself also just behind the tank same thing for the priests. And you can always use it on yourself to get the best position. Now with the extra holy power you can roll EF even with 1 points on people that are going to take damage(melee on sand/frost orb/poison?) and 3 points on the tank and yourself(it ticks double on yourself!) Which will make it a lot easier to keep those 3 targets up with yourself healing the beacon tank.

Napkin math inc.

From my pally unbuffed

DL = 78k
    HR = 33k + 17k for other targets
    1 Point EF = 25k + 13x 3k(can crit for 6k) = 25 + 78k

So 33k + 25k = 58k heal already add 6 ticks and you have done the same healing as Divine Light. Yes you did use 2 GCD.
    But lets say the 2 melee are right at the tank they both get 17k as well. 33 + 25 + 17 + 17 = 92k. Yes a lot of it can be overhealing. But if you know they are going to get hit by the totem/sand/frostorb/disease/melee from ad. You can simply use 1 of those holy powers and have an EF running to extend that mastery shield for an extra 30 seconds.

Just do a raid and actively try to not use divine light on a non-beacon tank.
    Last edited by mmocea7d8b0d33; 2013-05-02 at 06:54 PM. Reason: math failure/typo

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ticos/advanced

Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/190495/

Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm posting here for our new paladin healer. He heals with myself a resto druid and a resto sham. I've been trying to get him to use Holy Shock more which he has improved on. But his Holy Shock is out healing his EF which doesn't seem right. I don't know a ton about Holy Paladins so I'm hoping the experts here can point me in the right direction with my advice.

Description of Playstyle: As far as his "style" of healing, I don't know how to comment on that other than speculate that there might be an ideal way for him to heal with our healing group.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-05-03 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricoxagain View Post
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ticos/advanced

Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/190495/

Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm posting here for our new paladin healer. He heals with myself a resto druid and a resto sham. I've been trying to get him to use Holy Shock more which he has improved on. But his Holy Shock is out healing his EF which doesn't seem right. I don't know a ton about Holy Paladins so I'm hoping the experts here can point me in the right direction with my advice.

Description of Playstyle: As far as his "style" of healing, I don't know how to comment on that other than speculate that there might be an ideal way for him to heal with our healing group.
    Honestly, the biggest thing that jumps out at me looking at his logs has nothing to do with HS/EF useage. His HS useage could still be higher, and that would help him, but that's not the worst problem. It's cooldowns.

Durumu and Iron Qon are 2 of the longest fights in your logs this week at 9:29 and 10:26.

Durumu:
    Avenging Wrath - 0 of 3 possible
    Divine Favor - 1 of 3 possible
    Guardian of Ancient Kings - 1 of 2 possible
    Devotion Aura - 0 of 4 possible

Iron Qon
    Avenging Wrath - 1 of 4 possible
    Divine Favor - 1 of 4 possible
    Guardian of Ancient Kings - 1 of 2 possible
    Devotion Aura - 2 of 5 possible

I'm also not sure what he's using for his tier 4 talent for these fights (hand of purity shown on armory), but he's getting little to no use from it, and Purity is amazing on both fights for the bleed on tanks for durumu and several of the debuffs on iron qon, particularly the fire dot in P1 if players have to cross fire lines. Clemency is powerful to the point of being broken on durumu allowing him to clear bleeds and hard stare from the tanks up to 4 times during the fight. I also see almost no use of Divine Protection from him, which won't increase his healing, but it is 0 cost damage reduction that should be used as often as it is relevant, and most of the time, its relevant.

Overall, I would say this. Get him to use his abilities. AW, Divine Favor and GoAK are all straight up healing buffs, and all he has to do is activate them. He doesn't even have to change healing styles while they're active to see improvement. Other things like getting his talents worth from tier 4, whether that's purity or clemency or even just unbreakable to get some extra divine protections off. The talents are there, use them.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-05-03 at 01:01 PM.

So I run a resto druid in a pretty decent 25 HM guild and after seeing how damn OP holy is, I leveled one and just joined a 10 man guild on the side.

And damn holy is OP, makes my resto druid weep!
    So after dinging last week and going into my first ToT tonight I had a fairly good handle on the basic idea but I need help refining my healing.

WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/opl0rrl74zr6riwq/ (Please ignore Dark animus had nfi what was going with such a diff strat to 25)

CHAR: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntice/advanced

A couple of questions:

- How strong is 4 peice Tier 14 for 10 man? At the moment I can upgrade a few things to 522 but I will lose that 4 set

- What should I be doing during GoAK? I got advice that I should primarly cast WOL + div light but I don't really feel like this is boosting my healing at all

- Should I try not to cast big mana spells during Div plea because the mana may wasted with the reduced healing?

- Is there any macro I can bind with my spells that targets the nearest enemy and starts to melee it?

- I know my CD management was not great, should I be stacking them or not at all?

- I feel like I was maybe casting too many Divine lights, so expensive on the mana

- I was unsure how much I should be using holy radiance on sem spread out fights like Primordius because alot of people might be out of range ect.

Thanks in advice for anyone who takes the time to check my logs and reply! any help is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    How strong is 4 peice Tier 14 for 10 man? At the moment I can upgrade a few things to 522 but I will lose that 4 set
    If you have it keep it until 5.3, after that upgrade to 522.

Should I try not to cast big mana spells during Div plea because the mana may wasted with the reduced healing?
    Ideally you should cast nothing but Holy Shock.

Is there any macro I can bind with my spells that targets the nearest enemy and starts to melee it?
    You shouldn't need such a macro.

- What should I be doing during GoAK? I got advice that I should primarly cast WOL + div light but I don't really feel like this is boosting my healing at all

GoAK heals your target for twice the amount of your single target heals which is why people are suggesting for you to use WOL + div light. It also heals targets around your target for 10% of the single-target heal. If you're using this during downtime though, a large part of it will probably go to overhealing. I find there's not very many situations, especially on farm where I use this as it's just not necessary. If you're in situations where it's called for then it will naturally boost your healing and in those cases you should probably case DL or FoL depending on the urgency.

- I know my CD management was not great, should I be stacking them or not at all?

I see some use in stacking cooldowns for certain bosses who have really heavy damage phases. For example H Megaera depending on your cooldown rotation I could see stacking HA with AW+DP to stack those EFs on everyone consecutively. However, even in that situation though I think it's better to space them out and let some of the other healers take some of the brunt of it as well. You want to save cooldowns to prepare for heavy damage later which you know will happen. Stacking your cooldowns a majority of the time will provide you with more overhealing and screw you over later when you need them.

- I feel like I was maybe casting too many Divine lights, so expensive on the mana

DL is expensive and in many cases, something like holy radiance would be a better choice. Granted it's not necessarily a bad choice either but look at it this way. DL is actually a fairly long cast time and in many cases a lot of the heal ends up going to overhealing.

- I was unsure how much I should be using holy radiance on sem spread out fights like Primordius because alot of people might be out of range ect.

I guess there's two ways to do primordius, one of which is just to zerg him down and the other one is to actually get transformed. If you're doing the zerg strat then your group will be clumped up, but you should have at least a few tanks or melee together. Thats who I usually target my HR on during these kinds of fights and use the EFs to heal up the ranged/spread out people. Even hitting two people with HR can be better than DLing one person without a beacon.

I took a glance through your logs and noticed that your beacon heals are quite a bit lower than what I would expect. They should still be in your top 3 healing spells hitting at least 10% ranged to around 15%. If you're swapping your beacon for DL or other things just make sure that you have it placed back on the tanks when you're done with it. I'm not sure if this is the reason or not, just guessing.

I just wanted to comment on these two questions =)

- I find myself using GoAK almost entirely for the added haste, since most circumstances result in the "double heal" going almost entirely to overheal. That isn't always the case, but my point is to not neglect the bonus haste. A general tactic is to cast GoAK, then HS (or another direct heal), then mix a couple non-direct heals (generally speaking, this means Holy Radiance but could also by LoD), then Holy Shock again, repeating this a few times. The end result is ~30 second period of having an increasing amount of bonus haste.

- If HR can hit 3 people, and none of those three are in an urgent need of a large single target heal (DL) then HR is worth casting. Not only will the healing provided be similar or greater, but you're also gaining a precious charge of holy power by casting HR > DL. Obviously if one of those targets is a beaconed tank, and you're assigned to tanks that could be enough reason to simply DL the tank rather than casting HR. I will admit that my experience in 10 mans is basically non existent, so others with more experience in that format may be able to give some more accurate/relevant info/strategy.

Hey guys. My guild has just recently stepped into raiding this tier and it feels like we might be struggling with healing on Twin Consorts this week. I don't have any experience with Holy Paladin healing, would you guys mind going through these logs and giving me some feedback I can bring back to my guild so that we can improve? I've done some basic reading through the holy pally main thread, and read through this one, but I think it'd be a lot better if some experienced H pallys digested these things. Thanks a lot!

As an aside: our H pally had a lot of trouble healing on Ji-kun (not the nests, the main platform). Those logs are awhile back - any specific advice for healing through this part of the fight?

Armory: us . battle . net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Aer%C3%B6/simple
    worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-0tqtyy3ttcf4qnkt/

For some additional info: on some of our attempts we had people dying (duh), with our druid at 0% mana and our pally at 70%+. Does this mean our druid is poor in mana management, or our pally is not dropping heal bombs when we need it most - causing our druid to drop his mana to compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Hey guys. My guild has just recently stepped into raiding this tier and it feels like we might be struggling with healing on Twin Consorts this week.
    1) Aero's holy shock usage is bad, he should be using it more often. (Average 8.26 second delay; should be less than 7.5 seconds)
    2) It seems he is targeting Holy Prism at players, on this specific fight, it is best to target the prism at the boss and have the 5-target splash heal.
    3) More Radiance is good especially if his mana is high. More HR = more HP for powerful "finisher" heals, also means more Daybreak. Finally yes, Flash of Light, Lay on Hands, Holy Prism, should all be used as a last resort to save people, but the best way to save someone is to have the 3 HP ready for an Eternal Flame heal. Hence all the more reason to use HP generators as much as mana allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Hey guys. My guild has just recently stepped into raiding this tier and it feels like we might be struggling with healing on Twin Consorts this week. I don't have any experience with Holy Paladin healing, would you guys mind going through these logs and giving me some feedback I can bring back to my guild so that we can improve? I've done some basic reading through the holy pally main thread, and read through this one, but I think it'd be a lot better if some experienced H pallys digested these things. Thanks a lot!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r%C3%B6/simple
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0tqtyy3ttcf4qnkt/

For some additional info: on some of our attempts we had people dying (duh), with our druid at 0% mana and our pally at 70%+. Does this mean our druid is poor in mana management, or our pally is not dropping heal bombs when we need it most - causing our druid to drop his mana to compensate?
    Took one look at his character, saw hes stacking mastery gems, there is your one and only problem. If he was doing that on Ji-Kun that would be the reason he was failing

I know it sounds stupid (he was having throughput issues, so he needs to change to Spirit, derp) but if hes having to be conservative on fights where the druid is covering his ass, then you have a serious problem. Also in your case, he can't take the EF blanket role otherwise you may as well be taking two Resto Druids, he'll have to adapt to a more bursty/tank healer style (which I see from the logs he kind of does, but with his gear won't be possible in heroics)