Question and request for DPS

Okay so I was running my daily Heroic yesterday, and I ran into a Warrior who was pulling 100k+ dps (on bosses) hes deck out in ToT gear (502) and me just doing around 40k only (in raid finder gear (non ToT), with some normal 5.0 raid gear). Does ToT (502) really gives that much of a boast in DPS or is Fury(2handed Warriors) just overpower?

Plus can someone give me a link to a web page that shows how much dps each class/spec is suppose to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait until you see numbers from 510-522 item level raiders. If you're doing 40k around 490, you probably just need to work on your priority system a bit. What class/spec are you?

My Ilevel isn't 590 yet, I am at 579 (that why I haven't got ToT raid finder gear yet) Can't seem to get that last piece to knock me to 580. but I am a Frost Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaling View Post
    Wait until you see numbers from 510-522 item level raiders. If you're doing 40k around 490, you probably just need to work on your priority system a bit. What class/spec are you?
    What are the numbers at 510-522? 150k?

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the class and spec. Dungeon bosses die fast enough that specs with powerful cooldowns will have them up for a large portion of the fight, which means they'll look incredible on the meters because they're only in the "burst" phase without the "sustained" phase to lower their overall DPS. In a longer fight, like a raid boss, you'd see their DPS drop over time between burst phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    My Ilevel isn't 590 yet, I am at 579 (that why I haven't got ToT raid finder gear yet) Can't seem to get that last piece to knock me to 580. but I am a Frost Mage.

What are the numbers at 510-522? 150k?
    Ah, I figured you were closer to 490 with the 489/496 stuff from 5.0 raids. Being a Frost Mage, I'd still be surprised if in LFR you weren't closer to 65k. My 481 Warlock is about in that area.

My Paladin is 512 and can sustain 120k on decent movement fights like Twin Consorts. Our burst is nuts, like Rivin mentioned that some classes have, and can easily hit 500k during peak moments. I've ranked on WoL for Jin'rohk at 200k sustained, but that fight is built for burst classes to shine. And Rivin is right, on a heroic boss, they die so fast it's not very useful to compare the numbers to an 8-10 min raid encounter.

In random heroics as a 512 ilvl dps warrior on bosses using cd's you can do 150-200k dps on them easily. They literally fall over dead after 10 seconds of dpsing them.