Deleted
    Hey was looking through the loot tables for a decent shield.. still have the LFR one from MSV...

Anywho looking through.. both 'prot' shields have mastery and either dodge or parry which is kinda meh for a control haste paladin. Anyway i was thinking wouldn't it be better have get the healing one called Tortos' Discarded Shell, it has 458 haste on, obv the spirit and intel is p useless but it has the same amount of stamina and armor the only real difference is that the holy one has haste on and that the prot ones have strength on as well...

Is there a lot of difference between them or not really? As in is it worth going for the holy one or just get the prot one as its better?

Also whats the spell 1h weapon that people were talking about that was better than the tanking ones?
    Edit: realised it was the agi one from Dark animus
    Last edited by mmocdb9b77edc4; 2013-05-01 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    50% is the cap, you're now capped on spells with SoI and the final 9% will get you the rest on CS etc.
    Note that the cooldowns will continue to be reduced, SS will continue to be accelerated, and your auto-attacks will be more frequent with more haste. It isn't a "cap" in the way that expertise has a value of zero against level +3 mobs after 15 Expertise.

Technically, our "haste cap" is at 600% haste, at which point you would only cast Judgment (highest damaging HoPo generator, would have a 1 second cooldown = GCD). One would then have a 1 HoPo/s generation.

100% ShoR uptime is reached at about 260% haste IIRC.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-05-01 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Hey was looking through the loot tables for a decent shield.. still have the LFR one from MSV...

Anywho looking through.. both 'prot' shields have mastery and either dodge or parry which is kinda meh for a control haste paladin. Anyway i was thinking wouldn't it be better have get the healing one called Tortos' Discarded Shell, it has 458 haste on, obv the spirit and intel is p useless but it has the same amount of stamina and armor the only real difference is that the holy one has haste on and that the prot ones have strength on as well...

Is there a lot of difference between them or not really? As in is it worth going for the holy one or just get the prot one as its better?

Also whats the spell 1h weapon that people were talking about that was better than the tanking ones?
    Yes the int shield is very much viable. I am using it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    100% ShoR uptime is reached at about 260% haste IIRC.
    I think it MAY be less, on the bounds of 220-240%, which I've reached more than a few times on Primo with some luck on pools It's almost frustrating in how much HoPo influx you have, to the point that you can't even use higher damaging abilities (aka non-generators), but the upside is 100% ShotR fulltime. LOLGODMODE.

At any rate, well outside the realm of possible minus gimmick fights.

TL;DR - best bet is to go for 50% haste as our "cap", after which you can look into mastery for further survival or continue down the haste (or crit) path for additional DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Theoretically you reach 100% uptime with pvp 4p + 50% haste and DP.

Deleted
    Hey dudes, help a noob out again!

I'm currently using Darkmist Vortex + Shado Pan Assault trinket and I just got Ji-kun's Heroic trinket... I'm thinking about replacing Darkmist with Ji-kun's (and keep SPA one). Is that right or am I missing something again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post

I'm currently using Darkmist Vortex + Shado Pan Assault trinket and I just got Ji-kun's Heroic trinket... I'm thinking about replacing Darkmist with Ji-kun's (and keep SPA one). Is that right or am I missing something again?
    For Prot? Why would you even use Darkmist Vortex? It's only mediocre for Ret, even worse for Prot. Either of Ji-kun's trinkets would be better than Darkmist Vortex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I heard there was a drunken reply from Firefly somewhere. I couldn't see it. Do you really want to compare drunken posts?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account

Which trinket? If it's the Rising Winds one, that one is so crap, you're better off with....

...Ghost Iron Dragonling.

If it's the feather, it's definitely better than Darkmist. Darkmist is not great because static haste is better than haste proc which tends to mess with the GCDs and stuff.

Deleted
    Yea, it's the Feather one, of course .

Horridon's trinket also dropped but the damn DK took it .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Sorry, I heard there was a drunken reply from Firefly somewhere. I couldn't see it. Do you really want to compare drunken posts?
    It was drunken paladin reply, not drunken reply about whats happening in my dorm room right now!

Yea, it's the Feather one, of course .

Horridon's trinket also dropped but the damn DK took it .
    Feather + SPA Exp trink (both reforged into haste) would be a good setup. DMV is utter trash, but a fking diamond compared to Rising Winds.

You should really try to trade the Feather to the DK for the Spark, would be WAY bigger for him and Spark is likely better for you from a pure haste standpoint. Unless you coin rolled it (like me )! Feather on a DK playing festerblight makes for LULNUMBARZ.

Either way, grats! And ditch the vortex ASAP, the above recommended setup is better for Ret as well btw.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Pff, understand you giving up on that thread in R&D Nairobi, those people are amongst the thickest I have ever seen. People really have no understanding on what numbers mean.

Be careful when arguing with an idiot; onlookers will often have difficulty telling the two of you apart. They'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing that the thread has managed to not be moved over here, otherwise I might kauhekuhfejna.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Good thing that the thread has managed to not be moved over here, otherwise I might kauhekuhfejna.
    Lock it, then infract them all for trolling

That thread just reeks of the diatribe that warriors have been spewing since they lost their jobs as the supreme (and only) main tank class at the beginning of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Lock it, then infract them all for trolling

That thread just reeks of the diatribe that warriors have been spewing since they lost their jobs as the supreme (and only) main tank class at the beginning of Wrath.
    I'd say they lost it before Wrath, even in BC i remember a fair number of bears / paladins.

Deleted
    Paladins was only used for AoE tanking (trash in mount hyjal wooo!)
    Bears was used for brutallus mainly due to higher threat!

Don't forget Protpal on Felmyst for adds. Gotta love that cast-time holy wrath *ohpleasedon'tgibmewhilecasting*
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
    Paladins was only used for AoE tanking (trash in mount hyjal wooo!)
    Bears was used for brutallus mainly due to higher threat!
    This is only true for those raid groups who fancied themselfes 'hardcore' and those who never tried anything but warriors, because the either had enough tanks or listened to those 'hardcore' raids too much. I certainly knew of quite a few paladins and bears tanking in any and all encounters since bc.