Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or it could be that they think they've done enough homogenization and don't want to go any further by adding a 3rd/4th usable/available anytime spec. It wouldn't really surprise me to hear that they think they've done a little too much already to be honest. They put something in as an experiment. It got datamined. Internally, after playing with it a little bit they didn't much like it. So it's not going to happen.

It's possible for it to be really simple.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-01 at 05:11 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The short answer is they want specs to be meaningful. They put in the option to swap a lot if you want to, but their design intent isn't to have you be everything all the time. Heck I'd even say dual spec isn't needed as much now that we can swap out talents out of combat and don't have to see a trainer to adjust things. They added dual spec in order to help people out a bit, without allowing you to be all three specs at once. And they want to avoid that. He's not making sarcastic remarks about rogues, he's not trolling people. They don't want all mages and all rogues and all monks to be the same, and so won't let you have every single spec available to you at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    That is 4 specs, 8 diff talent set ups. There is a difference. .
    So you agree, that some classes could use 4 specs ?

I personally don't see what the big deal is about having 3-10 specs. At this point it's a quality of life issue. Let's leave having multiple specs troublesome for the sake of making it feels like there is a choice involved and not just being troublesome.

Sometimes I do think Blizzard should have to offer a better reason for "Why not ?" I'm not even saying their answer would be wrong and I admit that it's possible I probably won't agree with their answer regardless. I just prefer real meathy answers. The Rogue example is confusing to me.

Deleted
    Guys do you realize that you are arguing over a trivial matter? Is WoW such a perfect game that the only issue that remains to be solved is whether players have 2 or 3 specs available to them? :S

Bag space is just a separate issue in itself that Blizz needs to solve. It annoys me that they keep throwing more fun items and different looking gear, but don't seem to find the inventory issue a priority at all. Yeah, expanding void storage and the bank won't solve anything in the long-term, but at least give us a short-term solution while some of us packrats are drowning here.

Anyway, back on topic, I would love infinite specs. It just gives me more options to play my class to the fullest. If I were asked now to switch from tank to healer, my group would be screwed since I have no idea how to play Mistweaver in the slightest, and have no reason to even look at it as long as I only have two specs. I think the more specs you have, the better off people will be for being able to try every aspect of their class. If I didn't have to run back to the trainer, spend money, and maintain whatever add-ons people were referring to before, I would certainly give healing a try, but right now it's just too much work for something I rarely need to do.

More specs also means more knowledge that can passed on to other players. Right now I can't say how Mistweaver plays, and if my guildie is doing their rotation and glyphs completely wrong, who am I know and say something? Granted, conversely it means you'll see more players trying roles their unaccustomed to, and in the kick-happy world we live in today it might be hard on some people. But then again I've seen enough pure DPS classes in LFR that would do more damage if they even bothered to auto-attack, and since you can still do that with dual-specs, I don't think it would really be that noticeable. I think the community will benefit more for the people who actually want to learn.

In terms of getting gear, I don't see this as a real issue. In LFR you pick one spec and get loot that way. That's what LFG should become as well, in my opinion. In raids with guildies or even with random people, I would hope that your raid is disciplined enough to distribute loot based on current or main roles, and not letting it be a giant free-for-all. It's no different than now where while hybrids can have a tank and a heal spec, they still generally have a main role that gets priority and their offspec is at the bottom of the list. The only real downside is you'd likely have less disenchanting.

PvP shouldn't matter at all, either. No loot is being distributed between members, and you still have to earn it the same way and put in a proportionate amount of work for the number of PvP specs you want to support.

I'd prefer more options, and would like having too many friends that can support all the roles in your raids a lot better than a large group of people that are only comfortable with half their potential specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the Rogue/Tri Spec tweet was a joke? You know, because the main complaint about Rogues is that they all basically play the same way?
    Nope, you're far from the only one. Trust me, the joke was delivered to intended audiences and the sensitive people it was meant to rile up are indeed riled up.

They're probably getting a good chuckle out of it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Why even have "specs" at all? Just let everyone use all specs available to their class and customize their build through talents and glyphs.
    I like this a "spec" should be built around your talent choices not a predetermined set of abilities and stats a dev hands you once you choose a role.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

We don't need it, so why give it to us? If they went and answered all the requests of the masses we would have some horrible bastardized version of the game that nobody would be happy with.

You can swap out specs so easily now for next to nothing. The only thing they should maybe do which would make most of the ppl asking for tri-spec quiet is let ppl save their toolbars.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    ^

As much as I would love for my warrior to have PVE Fury, PVE Tank, and PVP Arms, them introducing a tri-spec would most likely set a precedent they don't want existing.
    I'd say dual-spec set the precedent, and tri-spec would simply be an expansion on it.

Blizzard doesn't need to do this, but I don't think its a bad idea. As has been said, the biggest strength of more specs is the ability to save more keybind layouts, as talents and glyphs are easy to swap. IMO, more specs could be a great big gold sink. 1000 gold for your third spec, 10K for a forth, 25K for each additional spec after that. Few players would take more than three, and fewer still would play at a high level with so many.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do feel irritated, because i was expecting it for a long time.... i dont have any pure dps class, and i do both pvp and pve, like on my shaman, i have all 3 spec geared, and i would have love to have tri spec..ho well..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummmm, "no uniqueness" is what killed most classes for me when they homogenized EVERYTHING, especially buffs.

So, why not tri-spec again there Blizzard?

Some pure dps classes don't really NEED a 3rd spec, but others, mostly versatile classes, like Paladin and Druid, could really use a 3rd spec... It's absolutely painful and disheartening having to keep changing through a variety of specs on various situations. I used to swap from my usual Balance\Resto to dabble in Feral\tanking for a multitude of reasons, or to try it out, but it's just too much of a hassle. Mix in PvP into the fold... bleh.

Anyway, i understand their mind set, but some classes could really really use it. Others, a 3rd spec would be irrelevant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Could you imagine carrying 3 sets of gear around? Bag space is already precious as it is. They need to do something about that problem instead of worrying about a tri-spec.
    Welcome to the paladin/shaman/druid reality..

As a rogue, I could easily go for a PvE, PvP-Battlegrounds, and PvP-Arenas tri-spec.

It's not just specs anymore. The new talent system and glyphs have made for almost limitless customization possibilities. I think limiting to two specs does the opposite of what GC wants - forcing players to stick with two specs that are specialized for two scenarios, most often raids and arenas, rather than experimenting around with talents and glyphs that would be better suited or more interesting in other scenarios.

This slippery slope argument is pretty ridiculous too. If they give us 3, then they'll have to give us 4 right? What about 5? Seven? Infinity? Well guess what? Some arbitrary number that is greater than two and less than infinity is fine with me. I could go for more than three. Let's compromise: how about five? That way I can give combat a try, and then have a fifth spec just for messing around.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-05-01 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjester56 View Post
    Why even have specs then?
    This.

Specializations are in the game for...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    This makes no sense. As it is, in dungeons people need on any gear they can anyways. In LFR it's a non-issue because you only roll for yourself. In real raids you have people who give out loot or roll or what have you but it is decided in group and has no bearing here. So really all you have is dungeons and if it's that big a deal just apply the LFR loot system to dungeons and problem solved. This really is a silly argument against this system.
    It might sound silly... but I am more likely to win $100M in a lottery than Blizz is to implement a new looting system.

I'm usually a fire/frost mage, but I can spec either of them into Arcane and be ready to raid on it in about 1 minute using Action Bar Saver to re-do all of my bars instantly and manually changing my talents and glyphs (only because Blizzard won't let addons do this yet). And before anyone says "but you're a mage your specs all do the same thing!", I also do this on my druid between all 4 specs. Reforging and regemming (if necessary) can also be accomplished quickly using addons and item sets already allow you to manage multiple sets of gear.

There's really not much of a time barrier for a player to respec to their unused talent sets, you can easily collect gear for all of your specs and re-spec in a matter of a couple minutes if you want. The only reason Blizzard would refuse to allow you to just pick any of your class's talent sets (4 for druids, 3 for everyone else) is for developer manpower (i.e. it will take too long to code) or for storage (they don't want to store another set of talents/glyphs/action bars for every toon in existence).

People will still continue to collect "main spec", "off spec" and "I'll probably never use this but my class CAN wear it" gear, just as before. Obviously class unique-ness isn't a factor at all here, and GC's post about rogues was probably sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They real reason we are not getting tri-spec is because at last Blizzard decided to step foot on something.
    1 year after tri-spec random people will start whining about 4-spec and why Blizzard should do it.

I'm bored.

I don't want to let GC treat me like a fool. Now I don't even want to talk about resubbing until tri-spec won't be implemented.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?

This would happen.
    Except we have 3 specs to choose from not 7. If we got trispec I best most people would stop asking for more except maybe druids and a few people but you can never make everyone happy.

Also the reason GC gave was retarded, right now every PVE Rogue has the same two specs as every other PVE Rogue with the same glyphs, I don't think we need to worry about character identity being tainted here.
    Hi Sephurik