Why doesn't Megadestroyer get any love?

I started back up a month ago and have been doing all the chest events I can.

I've seen multiple notifications from guildies and folks in Lion's Arch when the various events come up.

I have never seen Lion's Arch or my guild for that matter give a notification for Megadestroyer. As a result, I have never done the encounter.

Why is this enemy avoided? Is there some fail condition linked to an NPC made out of glass?

Deleted
    I don't know about other servers, but on mine (Gandara) he doesn't get done often because the timers are always off apparently.

It's a fun event chain too. Part of it is that the bonus chest was never included in this so a lot of people won't care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's a fun event chain too. Part of it is that the bonus chest was never included in this so a lot of people won't care about it.
    That is probably the answer. Though I thought every event on that timer website has a chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That's pretty much why people don't drop everything to do it and why few update the timer on it. I did see a dev post within the last couple weeks that said they would look at getting the bonus chest update on this boss.

I've done the event a bunch of times, it's good fun. Anytime I'm Mount Maelstrom and someone calls out on mapchat that it's up I jump in.
    Valar morghulis

Well, before the bonus chest, while all the other bosses got their chests buffed to almost dropping at least 1 rare everytime, Megadestroyers chest was not buffed. People kinda lost interest in him which is really a shame as he's probably a better fight then most of the bosses. He also has a fail condition so yeah..