View Poll Results: Should Illegal Immigrants be allowed to use government services?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

32 10.03%
  • No

214 67.08%
  • Under Certain Circumstances

73 22.88%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Because Immigrants won't pay for immigrants
    Ya, if they payed for each other they wouldnt come here, not sure what i was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Ya, if they payed for each other they wouldnt come here, not sure what i was thinking.
    So how exactly do you propose we tax undocumented aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If they have asylum or refugee status they're legal.
    Oh ok, I didn't know they were legal. I guess I'd change what I said to under certain circumstances such as in need of immediate medical attention/dying.

Personally I think all Illegal Immigrants should be deported on the spot.

if they have kids i would agree to them receiving food stamps and thats all. contrary to popular beliefs not all conservatives want to see kids starve
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-05-02 at 01:00 AM.

Totally different topic, but a sales tax with no income/property etc would be the way to solve that problem.

I was saying the legal immigrants are taxed an additional 5-10% to make up for the illegals. Its a known operating cost like we see in hospitals.

Totally different topic, but a sales tax with no income/property etc would be the way to solve that problem.
    So you want citizenship checked every time people purchase things?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So you want citizenship checked every time people purchase things?
    Nope, a simple sales tax. Takes legal status out of the equation, why it works.

Nope, a simple sales tax. Takes legal status out of the equation, why it works.
    How do you decide who gets hit with the sales tax?

Did you even think this through?

Absolutely not, it's absurd to think they should.

They're not "undocumented" aliens, they're illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    They're not "undocumented" aliens, they're illegal aliens.
    Now that you have that out of your system, maybe answer the question.

10+ Year Old Account

I was saying the legal immigrants are taxed an additional 5-10% to make up for the illegals. Its a known operating cost like we see in hospitals.
    Sure, I also suggest we tax the rich at a higher rate to make up for the services they consume.

Fair's fair, right?

How do you decide who gets hit with the sales tax?

Did you even think this through?
    You know what sales tax is, right? Everyone pays the same %, poor people have less money so they pay less, rich people spend more money so they pay more.

Rich boy buys triple baconator for $8, pays $2 in taxes. Poor dude gets the double stack, pays 37 cent in taxes.

A flat sales tax would eliminate our issues with the financial nightmare illegal immigration has become.

Back on topic id stay with medical emergencies but nothing else. If you cant feed your kid in a country you illegally immigrated to, your not our type of material.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Sure, I also suggest we tax the rich at a higher rate to make up for the services they consume.
    The poor consume many more public services than the rich. Rich people send their kids to private schools, dont get ebt and obama phones. You cant argue the burden on our social system in reguards to the rich
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-05-02 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they aren't actual citizens of the US, they don't deserve the same benefits of the people that are. Sure life might be tough down Mexico way but they shouldn't be allowed to come up to the States illegally and be treated like they came in the proper way.

You know what sales tax is, right? Everyone pays the same %, poor people have less money so they pay less, rich people spend more money so they pay more.

Rich boy buys triple baconator for $8, pays $2 in taxes. Poor dude gets the double stack, pays 37 cent in taxes.

A flat sales tax would eliminate our issues with the financial nightmare illegal immigration has become.

Back on topic id stay with medical emergencies but nothing else. If you cant feed your kid in a country you illegally immigrated to, your not our type of material.
    You keep saying that immigrants should pay more sales tax. How are you enforcing this?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seem like excuses to exploit racist hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any form? No. But certainly the basic ones. Especially if they're children.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    Yea send all of those damn white men home.

O wait, a country of immigrants complaining about immigrants. Not to mention nearly every over major eurppean countries has benefitted from the use of immigrant labour.

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying that immigrants should pay more sales tax. How are you enforcing this?
    "You look Hispanic." *adds 5% to the sale*

Oh, oh, we could also have an ID that everybody is forced to keep on them at all times, and when they purchase anything ever they have to present it to determine the amount of tax they have to pay. This isn't Orwellian at all!

I see where we got mixed up, my mistake.

I was responding to this

"So how exactly do you propose we tax undocumented aliens?"

My comment about the sales tax had nothing to do with my comment about taxing legal immigrants 5-10% more.