Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fire Mage PvP and the flamestrike

why did they put a cast time on the flamestrike ? they merged the flamestrike and the blastwave together but they let the cast time... are they dumb ? u_u (2 sec cast ==> 3 sec snare WOOOT !)

Oh btw, what about making the flamestrike an instant melee spell, and make it bump just like in tlk ? a good old usefull spell...

Deleted
    They want to remove Instant spells from PvP, adding another one does not seem to fit that.

Deleted
    Yeah maybe, but this spell (the blastwave) is instant since BC.. or vanilla i can't remember, so why change this ? <_< blast wave is, with the scorch, a significant spell of the PvP firemage =(
    Last edited by mmoc66c23760c6; 2013-04-25 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    you don't understand..

Blastwave instant since vanilla

Flamestrike, a long cast spell

they merged those two spell in one, the new flamestrike, but they let the cast time on it. So if you want the blastwave back, they have to make the flamestrike instant, get it ?

Deleted
    You are trying to justify a big buff from being nostalgic and missing and old spell that is now another spell with cast time.

Deleted
    I would not call it because of nostalgia, they removed a big part of fire mages pvp compatibility with that change. Blast wave was one of the first knockback in the game and a good slow for fire mages. Fire mages has two slows right now, cone of cold and with glyph of frostfire bolt and no one serious actually use the glyph. I'd like to argue that fire mages need a reliable slow and blast wave would be the great way to do so.

Fire mages only works in pvp because of one thing and that's because they can chain like 7x pyroblasts with pom, alter time in a deep freeze and when with that it's a very rare pvp specc. They should honestly remove shatter and deep freeze from fire and give it a real slow and much more reliable dmg, as the problem with pve the same goes for pvp. With low crit chance you'll end up doing very little dmg.

Deleted
    Blastwave didnt bump before. It snared. It bumped only during woltk iirc.

Fire mage don't need this at all, fire mage isnt about control, you have deep freeze now, you didnt right ? Wanna trade ? :P

Deleted
    POM => Flamestrike
    Haha, epic win, a blastwave with 90 sec cd xD

Current iteration of Flamestrike is garbage. Even with a 100% damage buff in 5.3. A 50% slow is aggravating as it looks like it could be useful in pvp, but it isn't. 2 second cast time for a 3 second low-radius aoe 50% snare and negligible damage is worthless.

Maybe Blizz thought FS will be used as an alternative to PoM+RoF? Or as its substitute for those who want Frostjaw and that nova talent thing instead of RoF. If it was an 8 second snare it could've been useful in tight spots.

Also Blizzard has a chance to proc FoF for Frost, Arcane Explosion has a chance to add an Arcane Charge, whereas Flamestrike does absolutely nothing for Fire. It's a shame really. Imagine if it gave you a Pyroblast! proc if cast on 3+ targets (or maybe Heating up). Also it'd be great to have a major glyph that makes FS instant, adds knockback and increases its CD to 30-45 sec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Current iteration of Flamestrike is garbage. Even with a 100% damage buff in 5.3. A 50% slow is aggravating as it looks like it could be useful in pvp, but it isn't. 2 second cast time for a 3 second low-radius aoe 50% snare and negligible damage is worthless.

Maybe Blizz thought FS will be used as an alternative to PoM+RoF? Or as its substitute for those who want Frostjaw and that nova talent thing instead of RoF. If it was an 8 second snare it could've been useful in tight spots.

Also Blizzard has a chance to proc FoF for Frost, Arcane Explosion has a chance to add an Arcane Charge, whereas Flamestrike does absolutely nothing for Fire. It's a shame really. Imagine if it gave you a Pyroblast! proc if cast on 3+ targets (or maybe Heating up). Also it'd be great to have a major glyph that makes FS instant, adds knockback and increases its CD to 30-45 sec.
    You are absolutly right ! But everytime I tweet it to GC, he just ignore myself.. it's so legit for us to have a bump.. we were the first to have one ! And it would make the firemage very usefull in RBG contrary to now, where frost spec is too much present.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsupreme View Post

Fire mages only works in pvp because of one thing and that's because they can chain like 7x pyroblasts with pom, alter time in a deep freeze
    Deep freeze with glyph = 4s (~3.7s without glyph after gcd) Gcd ~1.3s. I am wondering how you manage even half of what your proposing ...

why would you use flamestrike anyways?? (this is almost bad as blizzard in bg lol)

i dont recall people using flamestrike back in cata as well...(or take that talent makes it instant) blastwave on other hand.......zzzzzzzzz
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    why would you use flamestrike anyways?? (this is almost bad as blizzard in bg lol)
    Flamestrike == blastwave (now), and i want my blastwave back in PvP on my firemage that's all, too hard to understand ? that's why i talk about the flamestrike rofl

Talented instant Flamestrike was actually useful do destealth enemies. If you see an approaching rogue going invisible you could predict where he goes and throw FS there or just FS the whole room really quick. But that's not the point. Blastwave is. Blastwave was good for its knockback in WotLK, it was good for its AOE slow in Cata. But the merged FS+BW of MoP is garbage.

And Blizzard is bad in BGs because it's channeled! Destro locks have had an awesome upgrade to Rain of Fire in MoP - it is now instant cast and doesn't need to be channeled. And procs Burning Embers like crazy! If Blizz is afraid mages will suddenly have permanent instant-cast state by having instant Blizzard chain-proccing FoF charges, then remove the spell's ability to create those charges! It will even make PVE AOE-ing more fun if anything. If they're afraid mages will cover the whole BG in Blizzard making everyone angry - then make the recasted Blizzard remove the previous one or make it's cost a little more significant so that it interferes with having mana to Spellsteal.

I really wish blazing speed could return to fire mages as a specialization ability. PoM is really really good, but I feel blazing speed is also. I'm just unsure of what one to pick for pvp because they both have great niches to fit into your arsenal.

I lean toward PoM but at the same time I can't tell you how often BS has allowed me to escape a target in arenas or even run up to one to dragon breath for some instant CC to stop a big heal or ability.
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-05-01 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathpote View Post
    Flamestrike == blastwave (now), and i want my blastwave back in PvP on my firemage that's all, too hard to understand ? that's why i talk about the flamestrike rofl
    soooo you want blastwave back then >_> flamestrike is flamestrike, blastwave is blastwave, too hard too understand??

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Talented instant Flamestrike was actually useful do destealth enemies. If you see an approaching rogue going invisible you could predict where he goes and throw FS there or just FS the whole room really quick. But that's not the point. Blastwave is. Blastwave was good for its knockback in WotLK, it was good for its AOE slow in Cata. But the merged FS+BW of MoP is garbage.

And Blizzard is bad in BGs because it's channeled! Destro locks have had an awesome upgrade to Rain of Fire in MoP - it is now instant cast and doesn't need to be channeled. And procs Burning Embers like crazy! If Blizz is afraid mages will suddenly have permanent instant-cast state by having instant Blizzard chain-proccing FoF charges, then remove the spell's ability to create those charges! It will even make PVE AOE-ing more fun if anything. If they're afraid mages will cover the whole BG in Blizzard making everyone angry - then make the recasted Blizzard remove the previous one or make it's cost a little more significant so that it interferes with having mana to Spellsteal.
    iirc you didnt take points into that(instant flamestrike) talent because either you lose 3% crit/haste and CoC freeze/shatter

oh thing about using blizzard in bg(AV esp) was a joke XD
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    soooo you want blastwave back then >_> flamestrike is flamestrike, blastwave is blastwave, too hard too understand??
    Yes, so if i want my blastwave back, they have to make flamestrike instant since they merged those two spells, get it ? omfg.. is that you ghostCrawler ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    iirc you didnt take points into that(instant flamestrike) talent because either you lose 3% crit/haste and CoC freeze/shatter
    For instant FS I used to drop 2 points from +2% fire damage done iirc. Or maybe that was +8% damage to targets with low health.

A little known fact...

The blastwave portion of flamestrike for fire has been bugged since the very first time the spells were merged in beta, yet not many noticed and many bug reports about it went unheeded.

Test it for yourself, go to a target dummy as fire spec and cast flamestrike. You will notice the blastwave debuff on the target.
    Next, cast flamestrike on the target again, immediately upon the flamestrike cooldown finishing, and you will notice that this time the target dummy does NOT get the blastwave debuff and (if tested on real players) you will notice that the blastwave effect just does not apply (no snare).

It seems that the blastwave effect actually has its own internal cooldown, one which is longer than the flamestrike cooldown (and it is probably a hang over from back when the spells merged), and so it does not apply on every flamestrike. Instead, it just applies on flamestrikes where blastwave is off its internal CD.

Whether they will fix it? Nobody knows.
    Does anyone even care? Nobody knows.

I wish it were fixed, though truly, mages have bigger issues than a flamestrike bug.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.