Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    You're probably gonna receive a lot of decent advice, so I'll just add one simple thing:

The only liquid you should be drinking is water. Drink a big glass in the morning when you wake up. Drink a big glass before every meal.
    Is it ok to drink Tea (no sugar or milk), I mean it's mostly water.

Green and Black Tea with nothing added to it are insanely good for you. Other tea is alright, but nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Interitus View Post
    No problem with food, its just the running etc
    Cant go outside beacuse im so ugly
    Comon dude... are you for real? There are plenty of thick people out there running their asses off to become more healthy. Do the same and earn yourself some respect, rather than sitting at home all day and crying over yourself.

And if you REALLY just can't get out, get your parents to buy you a home trainer. Spin the wheel every day and watch your pounds getting off.

Deleted
    I dont eat thrash food, its just doing activites like running svimming etc these days, im ugly beacuse i look fat
    Stop saying that to yourself, it will be the biggest victory, the rest should be easy then (there are a lot of good advices in this thread, so i'm not adding anything, except what i just said).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    Is it ok to drink Tea (no sugar or milk), I mean it's mostly water.
    Yeah, but watch out for overdoing the caffeine intake.

One other thing that should be noted -- exercise released endorphins and does wonders for mood. So you are depressed and upset about how you look, but after a few weeks of working out you'll start feeling better about it just from the chemicals your body released when you exercise.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Seeing as how you went from skinny to fat during puberty, you are most likely an Endomorph.

Don't say there is not a problem with your food, because there is. You may not eat 'bad' foods per say, but your body is going to store fat from really any food that isn't 100% healthy and suited to your body type.

Watch what you eat. Up the protein, reduce the carbs but don't remove them (you'll have no energy), and be religious with your caloric intake. Make sure your meals always have 1-2 vegges. Honest advice? Cook your own food. I started getting in to working out and eating healthy and all that at your age, but it took FOUR YEARS to get my parents to start cooking healthy. Till then, use your own foods with no oil (aside from Grapeseed and Olive, but even then keep that to a minimum just to add flavour) or butter. Learn to like hot sauce. I put it on everything for flavour, and it gives you a nice extra burst to your metabolism.

Also, muscle burns fat. You need a good mixture of Cardio/Weight Lifting to properly lose weight, especially being an Endormorph. As said, walks are a great way to start off if your embarrassed to run, as is biking. You should push weights about 3 times a week, and every time keep your reps to 8-10 minimum (Don't start pushing really heavy at first, it will make you look fatter).

Lastly, I don't like hearing these excuses about how your embarrassed to do things. Get over it. You will be using these excuses your whole life if you don't change something now, trust me, I had a friend similar to you at your age, wanting to lose weight but having excuses as to why he can't, 6 years later at 20, he's still fat, always talking about how he will eventually lose weight.

Trust me. The sooner you get used to a healthy/active lifestyle, the better off you will be for you entire life, not to mention it will be a lot easier to refuse fatty foods and inactivity when your older.
    I make food osmetimes, im a big fan of hot food, and i drink tea pretty often [with honey]
    On topic tho, should i buy an boxing sack?
    How do i count carbs?
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-05-02 at 03:46 PM.

1. eat healthy.
    2. if team sports are impossible due to bullying, do something on your own. I'd suggest running.
    3. eat healthy.
    4. eat healthy. (just avoiding sodas, snacks and the likes makes a huge difference).

You will start to feel a lot more confortable soon, and then you can just move on from that point. Team sports, inclusion, confidence... good times.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    1. eat healthy.
    2. if team sports are impossible due to bullying, do something on your own. I'd suggest running.
    3. eat healthy.
    4. eat healthy. (just avoiding sodas, snacks and the likes makes a huge difference).

You will start to feel a lot more confortable soon, and then you can just move on from that point. Team sports, inclusion, confidence... good times.
    If thats true, then... Up and away.. oops damn you gravity
    How many weeks will it take tho?

I make food osmetimes, im a big fan of hot food, and i drink tea pretty often [with honey]
    On topic tho, should i buy an boxing sack?
    How do i count carbs?
    By all means go for it! Boxing and Martial Arts are a great way to improve your cardio while also buildin lean muscle. 30 mins hitting a bag and youll.be drained.

And unless you're physique is your career, or you're dangerously overweight, counting carbs isn't really necessary. Just make sure they aren't present in every meal, and when they are, they are whole wheat.

Honestly though, reading your replies to other comments, and it seems you are full of excuses as to why you are fat. I understand genetics and all that, but c'mon, you say you always eat healthy and try to stay active yet your somehow fat? Bull. You're not cheating anyone but yourself man.
    Last edited by babo7000; 2013-05-02 at 03:59 PM.

By all means go for it! Boxing and Martial Arts are a great way to improve your cardio while also buildin lean muscle. 30 mins hitting a bag and youll.be drained.

And unless you're physic is your career, or you're dangerously overweight, counting carbs isn't really necessary. Just make sure they aren't present in every meal, and when they are, they are whole wheat.
    I belive we have one in the garage
    Nope, not aiming for physic, something with tech or cook, hard to decide, good at both
    And thanks everyone for posting, every little bit helps (dont know what to say)

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 04:03 PM ----------

And unless you're physique is your career, or you're dangerously overweight, counting carbs isn't really necessary. Just make sure they aren't present in every meal, and when they are, they are whole wheat.

Honestly though, reading your replies to other comments, and it seems you are full of excuses as to why you are fat. I understand genetics and all that, but c'mon, you say you always eat healthy and try to stay active yet your somehow fat? Bull. You're not cheating anyone but yourself man.
    I was thin before 6th degree, im not active
    I eat good, but im not a troll!
    -.-
    God, life sucks when some doenst understand me >

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are really really big then book a lengthy appointment with your GP (doctor) and tell them what the problem is. Also mention the feeling ugly and everything else. You may be depressed.

If it's mostly in your head but theres some unsightly bits, then just exercise and eat better. Lots of diet tips online. I'd do a google search for exercising.

I've never been big but I bought a Wii Fit, actually keeps me in shape, although a proper exercise at a gym is probably better. But if you really don't want to leave the house, then try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    If you are really really big then book a lengthy appointment with your GP (doctor) and tell them what the problem is. Also mention the feeling ugly and everything else. You may be depressed.

If it's mostly in your head but theres some unsightly bits, then just exercise and eat better. Lots of diet tips online. I'd do a google search for exercising.

I've never been big but I bought a Wii Fit, actually keeps me in shape, although a proper exercise at a gym is probably better. But if you really don't want to leave the house, then try it.
    How much does it cost?
    Saving up for an new computer that i can raid with (dont want to be an lfr hero anymore (Doesnt mean that i suck at playing, so embrassing having lfr only gear and valor)
    , most people thinks it's bad and "nooby" (i suck at explaining, and i dont want to be wasted space in my guild) dont want to be an burden nor shame for my brother, dunno whwat he thinks
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-05-02 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    How much does it cost?
    Saving up for an new computer that i can raid with (dont want to be an lfr hero anymore (Doesnt mean that i suck at playing, so embrassing having lfr only gear and valor)
    , most people thinks it's bad and "nooby" (i suck at explaining, and i dont want to be wasted space in my guild)
    Well what do you find more important? Your health or your raiding status? Don't want too many things at the same time. I also think if you're going to step into serious raiding while starting to work on your physical state it will distract you.

Lol meant physique not physics. Suck ass when i post from my phone lol.

Not calling you a troll, just saying you are dong something different from what your telling us. Hell, a lot of people eat like shit without even knowing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not active
    Well then I think we found your problem.

God, life sucks when some doenst understand me >
    Word of advise -- pulling this emo stuff does you no favors. Everyone is misunderstood. It's the nature of life. The only reason life sucks is because you aren't making the effort to make it un-suck. The secret to most problems in life is that people tend to be their own worst enemy.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Well then I think we found your problem.

Word of advise -- pulling this emo stuff does you no favors. Everyone is misunderstood. It's the nature of life. The only reason life sucks is because you aren't making the effort to make it un-suck. The secret to most problems in life is that people tend to be their own worst enemy.
    Didnt mean to be emo, meant it sucks when most things i ask/do no one understands me why i do that etc
    Happens everyday
    My family understands me at leat when it comes to doing things like: building etc

10+ Year Old Account
    This kid has so many childish inner demons he needs to face before losing weight. He needs to understand why he's fat and what is causing it. Losing weight requires a whole lot of dedication and self motivation. Both of which you can't find here... Stop making pathetic excuses about "ohh I don't want to go outside, I'm ugly" Are you kidding me? This is why people don't like hanging around kids unless it's family... they're hard to understand and their emotions are a mixture of complexity and crazed ideas... no one gives an honest crap about how ugly/fat you are when you're working out... let alone you shouldn't. But like I said earlier, you're the way you are because you have inner demons that need some sorting... you devalue your life because others seem to portray you that way... you allow words to eat away at you when they're just verbal... I really wish I could drop you off in the 1950's... you're in need of some serious testosterone and you won't find any of that on your PC.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much does it cost?
    , most people thinks it's bad and "nooby" (i suck at explaining, and i dont want to be wasted space in my guild) dont want to be an burden nor shame for my brother, dunno whwat he thinks
    I think my Nintendo Wii/Wii fit and the board cost about £100 but I don't know how much in Euros.

In all honesty, and I don't want to be rude, but I don't think staying indoors, getting a PC and becoming a hardcore WoW raider is going to help you in the slightest. You need to lift your confidence and get into shape, and staying in and playing WoW has ruined many people with self esteem issues lives to be quite honest. It's easy to hide behind a PC and interact through WoW but it's not really a proper substitute for healthy living and social interaction in my opinion. Good luck with whatever though

i know it's easy to say but, if you keep people controle your life by saying you'r ugly or other stupid stuff, you will never progress, dot it for you, fuck them all, that's it, again, i know it's easy to say, but if you succes, people will have a LOT of respect for you. Someone bully you all the time? kick his head, it's the ONLY sollution, people can ONLY understand violence

it's the only way to earn respect whit 90% of the people.

sry bad english.
    Last edited by dinouille; 2013-05-02 at 04:38 PM.

First, go to this site.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Fill in the fields to match your values. You'll get your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE), Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), and a caloric goal for each day. Generally, eating 20% less than your TDEE will give you guaranteed weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week. This is a healthy and sustainable level of weight loss, and you won't feel like you're starving at all eating this way. That being said, it is still always helpful to try making better choices with food. But I find that the TDEE-20% method allows you plenty of calories with steady weight loss no matter what.

Also, you don't need to spend any money or go running outside to start being more active. Just do body weight exercises in the privacy of your own space. Push-ups (even if you have to do them on your knees), sit-ups (or crunches), plank position, chair dips, squats, lunges, etc. are all things you can do with no weights or equipment and with no one watching. Just doing that will help you tremendously. Also remember that losing weight is something that is going to happen slowly and with bumps in the road. Don't get discouraged by slow progress, and don't fret if the number on the scale fluctuates here and there. All of that is normal. If you follow the formula above, you will lose weight and keep it off provided that you don't have some kind of hormonal disorder or return to your previous ways.