Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR Pinnacle of Storms queue completely broken

Ok, this is starting to get ridiculous. I just joined 5 times in a row the final lfr part at Lei Shen - although I already killed him this week.

I don't mind joining a begun instance, usually it will save you the trash and in the case of Lei Shen you also might have some determination buffs.

But when I have killed him once in the week, and queue again, then I want a fresh instance. It worked perfectly before - as soon as you have a ID I always joined a fresh one. I have no interest at all in wiping again several times on a boss I won't get a chance for loot.
    And if you leave (instantly), you get the dungeon deserter debuff. Even if you alt-f4 and wait five minutes you will get the deserter buff now. So your best bet is to port out of the instance and ask for a kick, but sometimes even that takes up to 15 minutes because the other players don't want to or cannot kick someone any longer.

So seriously, fix it, waiting up to 45 minutes to join a pointless dungeon group is not fun for anyone.

Keeps happening to me

The reason is people bail when they get to lei shen so it will keep putting you there to make up the numbers

Ive completely given up with those 3 bosses

Not that it helps you plight, but as I stated earlier this week. The nerfs to Lei Shen wasn't enough, expect more in 2 weeks. I doubt they are going to move any tier peices to get people to stay and the valor isn't worth the possible repiar bill and frustration when 2 dungeons would be faster.

Only other option is the one I'm currently using, don't run it.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-05-02 at 10:34 PM.

The queue isn't broken, the LFR community is.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

As much as i agree with your Statement, Complaining on MMO-Champs forms isnt going to get your voice heard. You should post this on Blizzards official Forums.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    As much as i agree with your Statement, Complaining on MMO-Champs forms isnt going to get your voice heard. You should post this on Blizzards official Forums.
    I doubt he will be heard there either. Blizzard uses statistics when it comes to tuning of raids, not forum posts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once the majority of LFR learns how to kill Lei Shen, this problem will ease.

It's cropping up because people are mass-deserting after a few wipes, meaning the next in the queue get put straight into this group. They then kill the boss. They queue again and either get a fresh one or Lei Shen again. If its fresh, they kill Qon and Twins then bail, leaving half a raid for Lei Shen. Next people in queue get put at Lei Shen...

When it comes around that most groups are handily chugging through 3/3 without mass Lei Shen wipes, there'll be less two-thirds-finished pops and more fresh runs.

It happened the same with Garalon, and with Council. It'll sort itself out.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I've seen groups with 0 wipes to Iron Qon and Twin Consorts have ~20 players leave after Twins. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I've seen groups with 0 wipes to Iron Qon and Twin Consorts have ~20 players leave after Twins. It's ridiculous.
    Qon and the Twins have loot for me (Affliction Warlock). Lei Shen does not. The 90 valor isn't worth the time I'd be spending.

Its a vicious cycle.

People queue in needing all 3 bosses and instead start at lei shen. They requeue and eventually get a fresh instance and leave after twins die.
    Its almost impossible to do a run of all 3 bosses in 1 go.

Why is there not an option to only queue for fresh instances!

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Its a vicious cycle.

People queue in needing all 3 bosses and instead start at lei shen. They requeue and eventually get a fresh instance and leave after twins die.
    Its almost impossible to do a run of all 3 bosses in 1 go.

Why is there not an option to only queue for fresh instances!
    I would prefer to see they just let you roll a 2nd time that week from the last boss to try and prevent people from leaving

Lei Shen drop melee weapons.
    Usually we get 15+ melees.

It is fun to watch Kel'Thuzad's Frost Blast one shot all melees.

For some people, lei shen is not worth it because it doesn't drop tier. Also, maybe its just a chain reaction since those people may be stuck in your situation but were in the queue beforehand. Don't think blizzard can fix this but let time do its work, just as Garalon got easier as people figured out how and what to do with the fight and a small group of people can lead/carry the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Once the majority of LFR learns how to kill Lei Shen, this problem will ease.
    I always leave before Lei Shen, not because it's hard, but because it doesn't drop a tier piece and the only reason me (and the rest of my normal) raid is still doing LFR is to try to finish up 4-piece bonuses while we wait for normal mode tokens. I'm sure we're not the only ones doing this.

The problem would be solved if loot, valor, gold, and anything else were only displayed and awarded after the instance is completed.

You would be able to make your bonus rolls at that time.

So, you would zone in, kill however many bosses, with no indication if you had won anything, and then you would see what you won, be given your valor and gold and goodies if any, and be offered one bonus roll per boss.

Wouldn't see many people leaving early.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Not that it helps you plight, but as I stated earlier this week. The nerfs to Lei Shen wasn't enough, expect more in 2 weeks. I doubt they are going to move any tier peices to get people to stay and the valor isn't worth the possible repiar bill and frustration when 2 dungeons would be faster.

Though its real easy now, 1hit on all my toons and afaik everyone in my guild got it on 1hit now also.
    Adds will be nerfed probably, like make balls only bounce once.

ZZZZ People dont leave cause its hard! People leave cause they have killed it already and then requeue to kill the other 2 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoroth View Post
    Qon and the Twins have loot for me (Affliction Warlock). Lei Shen does not. The 90 valor isn't worth the time I'd be spending.
    UVoLS (the 4-seconds of 100% crit trinket) is pretty damn good for Afflic, actually. Unless you already have both Wushoolay's and BotH ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

I two shot him on Tuesday and 3 shot him tonight when I went with some other friends.

If you queue with 3 or more people there's a much stronger chance you'll get a fresh instance because it's not filling in the holes. Try just advertising in trade to queue together if random people are interested.

Personally I've not noticed being thrown into a 2/3 run when I have killed Lei Shen for the week already, but instead the queue takes like an hour even early in the week when requeueing for the fresh.