[PROT] Valor Gear Q

Hey guys, so I have already purchased 522 dps neck, 522 dps ring, 522 dps cloak, 522 brutal talisman, and even the 522 dps bracers with crit. I am now at the point where a scenario will put me over the 3k valor cap and Im not sure what to buy next. I am currently revered with SPA.

I also currently have 502 Legplates of the dark Parasite (haste/exp), 522 Oon ring (exp/parry), 522 Jin'rokh chest (mastery/hit)
    The main pieces I am considering upgrading are my 502 ret t15 (hit/crit) and the 496 belt (haste/mastery with a juicy yellow/blue socket +120 haste bonus).

Anybody have any advice on what to buy next?

Thank you

Ring is unique equipped so doesn't matter.
    I would get either the legs with Legguards of Renewal (haste/mastery) or gloves with Touch of Soothing Mist (haste/mastery).
    Chest isn't worth switching out, also doubt that belt is better.

Thanks for the reply, I had thought the int pieces might be worth picking up but wasn't sure about losing 800+ strength. Is that much str not really a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I had thought the int pieces might be worth picking up but wasn't sure about losing 800+ strength. Is that much str not really a big deal?
    Str = AP + lil amount of parry.
    AP = useless because of Veng the 800 str will be such a small difference.
    Parry = meh anyway

I still, personally anyway, avoid Int pieces since I prefer to keep as much STR as possible for DPS and the minor parry it provides passively. Plus, most all of my prot stuff sees double duty as Ret gear. That said...armory in sig, and there's really nothing on any vendor that would do me any good anyway. So....

I've been sitting on 3k valor for like 3 weeks now, and plan to keep doing so. 5.3 is maybe 3-4 weeks away tops, and I can go into it and fully upgrade 6 items on day 1, and 2 more later that week. I also now do not feel in any way obligated to valor cap my Pal (NO LFR!), which is strangely liberating. I've been working on RBG rating on my DK instead, and feel like I have so much more fun and free time throughout the week.

I know that may not help you if you're bound and determine to buy something, but just remember that sometimes being patient has it's own rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I dont think anyone is really aiming for int pieces. It is just that, sometimes, it is the best you have available. Sometimes you dont have the option of cherry picking your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I dont think anyone is really aiming for int pieces. It is just that, sometimes, it is the best you have available. Sometimes you dont have the option of cherry picking your gear.
    Fair enough, but what I meant was, in this case, I didn't take the HC Tortos shield over my 522 Dodge/Mast shield. Granted we have an ele sham, and a Ret with Holy OS, so neither have been sharded, but if another drops I really doubt I'll take it.

But yes, I've been quite lucky with my gear so far, bordering on what most consider BIS, so take that with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Just looking at pure numbers, an int 522 piece is >>>> 502 piece because : more stam, and secondary ratings (esp when they're the ones we like), i would even take 522 int with haste/mastery over 522 str parry/hit or something like that, simply because of more favorable 2nd ratings. Now if it was something like a little bit of haste + a bunch of mastery + str vs a lot of haste + int, i'm not sure if i'd go from the str one, but it wasn't the case.

Hey thought I would add a question here instead of making a new thread since its sort of on the same topic.

I recently switched from Warrior tank to Paladin since we run with a Guardian Druid and I have the same poor luck on Shield drops on this character as my last main reroll. I am currently using the 476 LFR shield (sucks i know) from Spirit Kings LFR. The way drops are going I wont have a decent shield for a long time but I did however pick up the shield from Tortos normal for offspec.

Im wondering If the gain of 453 Stamina, 458 Haste and Socket would be better than the 566 Strength, 368 Dodge and 383 Parry I would lose from having the 476 tanking shield. Not so sure on the stat weights for each stat I would be losing but I do know that Parry and Dodge are pretty poor anyway as Im running a Control/Haste build.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    That is not even a debate. Also remember the huge armor gain aswell. Change shield right away. Basically, you are comparing your 3 best stats to your 3 worst, and you are also getting more of your best stats than you are losing on your worst.

Deleted
    Simple general rule for tank gearing (excluding trinkets): ilvl > all