Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

It doesn't matter if you're going the speed limit. You may feel like you're doing the right thing by slowing a speeder down, or you may feel it's your RIGHT to drive in any lane you 'darn well please.'

You're not. It's not.
    And you ARE breaking the law.

Here's how it is DESIGNED to work:
    You're in what you think is just like any other lane except that it's 'fast'. One of us approaches you from behind at 74mph (and you look down to see you're going 67mph and you switch to your smug 'justified' face because the sign says 65). While rather close in proximity, the driver begs you to move over.

Oh, how you should.

But you don't.

The driver tries to be patient and now cars start lining up behind both of you. There's a quick flash of the brights, and if you look up from your phone you either move over, or your ego decides that you'll be stubborn (and in some cases actually slow down ON PURPOSE). In most cases you don't even notice the signal but you just start complaining about the guy riding your bumper.

Now there's four or five vehicles lining up behind you while you have a LOT of distance ahead of you and enough room to move over. Now the sixth vehicle back finally jets across two lanes of traffic to go around not only you and the cars behind you, but but also around the slower cars in the two lanes to your right, only to find that there's no GOOD reason for you to be IN THE WAY.

Note that he used the 'SLOW' lane to do this in.

Move over. You don't have to be stubborn.

It's not your lane. You don't have to be self-righteous.

Please be part of the solution. Don't cause traffic jams and contribute to road rage.

you know that whole issue could have been avoided by going over the speed LIMIT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    you know that whole issue could have been avoided by going over the speed LIMIT.
    I think you meant staying at, not going over.

And sure, but what perfect world does that exist? You're taught not to pass on the right. So stay right.

Also, I grew up in Canada but I'm Swedish and have been to Europe numerous times. Most people there, understand these rules and obey them. I would highly recommend you to drive on the autobahn, there's no speed limit there.

Also, fucking 4-way stops, while we're talking about bad drivers. There's a 4-way stop at a pretty major intersection where I live, and I swear nobody here fucking understands how a 4-way stop works. People either just flat-out run the stop sign, sit there when it's their turn to go, pull out when it's someone else's turn to go, or pull out into the middle of the intersection and THEN stop. Then the ones who did it wrong are the ones who blow their horns like it's someone else's fault when a wreck almost happens. I've almost been hit a few times at said 4-way stop.

They seriously need to just have a cop or something out there directing traffic 24/7 for the dumbasses who bought their driver's licenses at Wal Mart and can't figure out how it works.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-05-04 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    Move over. You don't have to be stubborn.
    You know, it's not always the slow driver's fault. I was doing 75 in a 65 mph zone, in the fast lane. Some truck got behind me, doing 80, and slowed down. He honked. Well, there was traffic in the middle lane, I could not pull over if I wanted to. So I kept doing 75, and fuck the guy behind me.

He flipped me the bird when he got his chance to pass (and he took it faster than I could change lanes) and yelled at me with his window down/

Happened again a few months later at night. Asshole flashed his brights at me. And again, traffic in the middle lane, I could not pull over.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You know, it's not always the slow driver's fault. I was doing 75 in a 65 mph zone, in the fast lane. Some truck got behind me, doing 80, and slowed down. He honked. Well, there was traffic in the middle lane, I could not pull over if I wanted to. So I kept doing 75, and fuck the guy behind me.

He flipped me the bird when he got his chance to pass (and he took it faster than I could change lanes) and yelled at me with his window down/

Happened again a few months later at night. Asshole flashed his brights at me. And again, traffic in the middle lane, I could not pull over.
    that brings up one of my peeves - people that get next to you and match your speed. it could be the guy that you are passing speeding up, or the guy riding your ass that you are trying to let by, who will stay there until you are forced to hit the brakes for the truck going 50 in a 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    When people at the gym drops the weights on the floor so the whole building is shaking.

Also when architects makes the blueprint without having any idea if it will work in reality

A lack of proper lubrication, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by LeginNoslen View Post
    A lack of proper lubrication, obviously.
    Funny.

Ignorant people, and how certain things have a month or day or week devoted to them for "awareness." Can't we promote awareness of stuff that needs it every day of the year? Why do we have to just keep it to a day?

Idiots in traffic. Here in finland the stubborness is just amazing. And the lack of turn signals. Also the amount of slow drivers who should've never got their license in the first place... Oh my god. Stupid customers arguing about seatbelts in my taxi, how is that even an argument? They're mandatory by law, why argue? How stupid do you have to be to not wear your seatbelt in a car in general? That's just idiocy at it's best.

Corporate greed and religion.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2013-05-13 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mynta Swirl~ View Post
    Ignorant people
    This^

Pretty much sums everything that annoys me.

Stupidity. Thats common, though.

Getting up to work in mornings...

humanity in general.

Deleted
    The price of education.

Learning more should not be let to the rich or leave you with half a lifetimes debt.

Also Flies, i hate the little bastards.

One last thing, people who drive cars but give me dirty looks for smoking.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i'm out for a walk with my dog and she picks up some kangaroo poo, and then i have to get it out of her mouth or scream drop it! drop it! BAD and other people look at me like im a retard.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    When i'm out for a walk with my dog and she picks up some kangaroo poo, and then i have to get it out of her mouth or scream drop it! drop it! BAD and other people look at me like im a retard.
    Other people may look at you, but no one thinks your retarded for trying to keep your pet from eating unhealthy things. I have to do the same here (though kangaroo poo is never an issue) and have never felt self conscious about taking care of my pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    The price of education.

Learning more should not be let to the rich or leave you with half a lifetimes debt.
    I know. I'm going for a course that's only like, 1 year long, and it's still $25000, plus other costs. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Too many things.
    Care to elaborate on some of them?