Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Meanwhile, in my guild, we wiped on H Jin'rokh 20 times after we had already killed it because my guild is terrible at fights that involve any sort of hectic "dodging stuff" mechanic while we excel on fights that are non-rng coordination. Needless to say, Alysrazor in FL and Bladelord were both annoying fights in progression.

I feel bad for everyone else during the Storm phase because I just pop Zen Med and afk for 15 seconds.

I have similar experiences.

And I just don't understand why some people even bother raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, in my guild, we wiped on H Jin'rokh 20 times after we had already killed it because my guild is terrible at fights that involve any sort of hectic "dodging stuff" mechanic while we excel on fights that are non-rng coordination.
    Have the entire raid including the melee DPS stack on one of the grates and set up a healer CD rotation unless they have prove they can avoid lightning. That phase is all about staying alive not DPS.

We 2 shot him this week (only 2nd kill) and I think the only person out of 25 that was up by the boss attacking him with me was our WW since we can Zen Med if things get nasty.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Oh btw finally got both my weapons in one night.

Coined one, one on boss, first night of 25m.

Sadly we're struggling because of raid DPS and execution, but we knew there'd be setbacks with essentially taking 50% current raiders and 50% people who haven't raided current content for several tiers and creating a 25m group out of the mashup.

If we can clean up execution, once people are more familiar with the fights we should be back up and running at full speed soon.

I've been going windwalker (not by choice, but I'm not resisting it) due to lack of offspec gear on our other tanks, because we went from having and needing 4 tanks, to having 4 but only needing 2.

I DID try kiting bats on tortos.

On normal.

Went less traumatically bad than I anticipated. Actually was pretty easy. Of course one mistake and you're toast, but it was a fun little experiment. We were down physical bodies and we were resorting to some strange tactics to bypass our lack of DPS. (Half the raid is in like 489s)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Have the entire raid including the melee DPS stack on one of the grates and set up a healer CD rotation unless they have prove they can avoid lightning. That phase is all about staying alive not DPS.

We 2 shot him this week (only 2nd kill) and I think the only person out of 25 that was up by the boss attacking him with me was our WW since we can Zen Med if things get nasty.
    We tried the stack and pop CDs tactic, but we don't have that many in our 10m group. The working tactic we did for our kill was everyone stack in one corner of the room and quickly move to the other corner as a group. It works most the time, but our healers have the hardest time getting a heal off while not getting pegged by an orb. I'm hoping that H Ji'kun this week is a little less RNG :P
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, in my guild, we wiped on H Jin'rokh 20 times after we had already killed it because my guild is terrible at fights that involve any sort of hectic "dodging stuff" mechanic while we excel on fights that are non-rng coordination. Needless to say, Alysrazor in FL and Bladelord were both annoying fights in progression.

I feel bad for everyone else during the Storm phase because I just pop Zen Med and afk for 15 seconds.
    Heh, I keep attacking Jin'rokh, dodge the orbs until it starts getting dicey then pop diffuse as late as I can be bothered avoiding. Helps a lot for the pickup of Jin'Rokh when there's still orbs flying around. And I get to do lots of deeps!

As for our other raiders:
    - if they have stong defensives/dodging skills for the storm, they can mimic my personal strategy
    - if they keep dying... stand near the pre-called world marker (near the grates/statues) where the healers chill

This basically...

I also decided to actually stay in the pools for some +pew pew and got a decent ranking, almost faster than our best kill, except 3 DPS died, gg.

I think we use: #1 PW:B, #2 Devo Aura + spirit shell, #3 Raid Bubble
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Happy question, and btw, been a time guys good to see you all, at the momento my core is on durumu, normal, we and 2 others cores are the only ones in the server in tot XD

but I have a huge question, im getting very close of finishing the legendary quest to get the new meta, what should I use as a monk brew? The tank one is pretty good, but that dps one seems so...tasty D= Im already doing alot of damage and taking way less damage than our dk, so I was thinking ''a little more damage seems, well, good''

but then again...XD I dont know how good the meta is

but i saw Ginshen and Rikimu using it so...I just want to know how good that second effect is in fact ^^
    Last edited by Eijy; 2013-05-03 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eijy View Post
    Happy question, and btw, been a time guys good to see you all, at the momento my core is on durumu, normal, we and 2 others cores are the only ones in the server in tot XD

but I have a huge question, im getting very close of finishing the legendary quest to get the new meta, what should I use as a monk brew? The tank one is pretty good, but that dps one seems so...tasty D= Im already doing alot of damage and taking way less damage than our dk, so I was thinking ''a little more damage seems, well, good''

but then again...XD I dont know how good the meta is

but i saw Ginshen and Rikimu using it so...I just want to know how good that second effect is in fact ^^
    It is 8-10% of my damage on every single fight and as like anything else, scales with vengeance.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    It is 8-10% of my damage on every single fight and as like anything else, scales with vengeance.
    Where do you see the damage it does? Can see the 80-85% buff uptime but nothing on Damage by Spell tab. Know it's working as I crushed all my old rankings this week (160k on Consorts lol).

Also amused how I roll around with 3-4 charges of it while doing daily's, buff never falls off until used.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Seeing a bit of chatter for heroic jinrokh. I usually stand in the water in normal and I don't see a compelling reason not to during heroic. Are there any other tips for a brewmaster who will be attempting it for the first time tonight?

Regarding legendary meta, I also believe it uses our usually high crit% which helps in the dmg area on top of vengeance scaling.

Where do you see the damage it does? Can see the 80-85% buff uptime but nothing on Damage by Spell tab. Know it's working as I crushed all my old rankings this week (160k on Consorts lol).

Also amused how I roll around with 3-4 charges of it while doing daily's, buff never falls off until used.
    Lightning Strike is the name of the damage ability it uses. So look up your Lightning Strike damage and %. On your latest logs, Jikun it did 4.8m dmg for 12.5% of your total. Horridon - 6.4m, 8%. Magaera - 5.6m 10%
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-05-03 at 04:50 PM.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Lightning Strike is the name of the damage ability it uses. So look up your Lightning Strike damage and %. On your latest logs, Jikun it did 4.8m dmg for 12.5% of your total. Horridon - 6.4m, 8%. Magaera - 5.6m 10%
    Ah nice yeah about 10% on average then. That meta is definitely the clear winner for us.

Picked up the RoR last night since no one wanted it but I'm so Crit stacked that I'm not thinking it's a good choice and probably not enough WW off gear to make a Mastery stacked set yet either. So not sure if I'm going to bother using/trying it out...
    [/URL]

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah nice yeah about 10% on average then. That meta is definitely the clear winner for us.

Picked up the RoR last night since no one wanted it but I'm so Crit stacked that I'm not thinking it's a good choice and probably not enough WW off gear to make a Mastery stacked set yet either. So not sure if I'm going to bother using/trying it out...
    I tried using RoR this week crit stacked. It was nice seeing 30k crit on myself when it proc'd, but dropping haste to 0 was pretty much the end of that. While it is still possible to run with 0 haste, it's just eh.

Now if I can just get my last 5 secrets to freakin drop -_-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I tried using RoR this week crit stacked. It was nice seeing 30k crit on myself when it proc'd, but dropping haste to 0 was pretty much the end of that. While it is still possible to run with 0 haste, it's just eh.
    Was it even a DPS boost at least?
    [/URL]

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall if it was or wasn't. Honestly I probably spent most of the proc waiting for energy to regen to use something.

I don't recall if it was or wasn't. Honestly I probably spent most of the proc waiting for energy to regen to use something.
    Same experience with RoR. And there is a few DPS gain but go 528 Bad juju yesterday so ... The only thing I saw with RoR is the 15 stacks of EB are filled with almost during the proc.

Probably a subconscious internal bias.

Going from 7000 haste to 0 is a difference of 1.99 energy/second = about half a jab over the course of the 10 seconds of the proc. Tiger palm is still decent damage as well, especially with crit bumped up by 30k (that's like what, 50%? damn.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Going from 7000 haste to 0 is a difference of 1.99 energy/second = about half a jab over the course of the 10 seconds of the proc. Tiger palm is still decent damage as well, especially with crit bumped up by 30k (that's like what, 50%? damn.)
    Well there is no bigger hater of haste around here than you =P So would you use RoR with a Crit build over other trinkets? Currently have VP + H Renataki's.
    [/URL]

Well there is no bigger hater of haste around here than you =P So would you use RoR with a Crit build over other trinkets? Currently have VP + H Renataki's.
    I personally wouldn't use a RoRo since I need the mastery, but I can see it being useful if you're perfectly fine surviving without. Depending on how well you distribute your secondaries, it'll probably increase your total damage by ~7% over an empty trinket slot, compared to the 3-4% of bad juju/shado-pan assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have been bleeding away haste so getting myself used to lower and lower energy regen. Maybe I'll suffer through an LFR or 2 with it on and see how it plays out. I haven't gotten to fights that are needing me to stack Mastery so right now running with 12.3k Crit still.

I know on paper the resource difference is very small but how your class "feels" when you play it is important and since we aren't robots most people feel more comfortable with the extra energy.
    [/URL]